Thread: No email notification

No email notification

Hi,

I don't receive email notification on new replies of threads I open.
    The last notification I got is for the Arnoutdv's answer

I don't have any spam filter, and just tested again by sending an email from another address to theese of mty vbforum's account.

Some idea ?.

Thanks
    1 Hour vinyl mix live on Eurodance90 each sunday 10:00 PM (French Timezone) - New non-official Jingle Palette update Jingle Palette Reloaded

Re: No email notification

I have advised the admin. a few times that the SMTP IPV4 addr. are in the blacklist

This stops notifications to me

Quote Originally Posted by Couin View Post
    Hi,

I don't receive email notification on new replies of threads I open.
    The last notification I got is for the Arnoutdv's answer

I don't have any spam filter, and just tested again by sending an email from another address to theese of mty vbforum's account.

Some idea ?.

Thanks
    The good news is that the emails get sent out.

BUT, they don't get sent out if you are ON THE SITE.... If you show up in the Currently Active Users, the system will not send you an email....since you are already here.

Switching to an @Gmail.com account is recommended.

Getting with your email provider to see if they are blocking the mail BEFORE it gets to you is something else to look into.

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    BUT, they don't get sent out if you are ON THE SITE.... If you show up in the Currently Active Users, the system will not send you an email....since you are already here.
    But it is not really smart, if I close the site window, and a member replies 2 seconds after, if the site still seeing me as there (like if a timeout was not reach yet), I don't see he answered and I receive not email notification.
    Also, even if I does not close the window, I never saw any new answers notification on the website. In both case, I have to search manually if someone has answered

Switching to an @Gmail.com account is recommended.
    Why ? I have all my forums account with a same email account and I receive emails from others (even from vbforum, but no nore since 2 monthes, also it looks that I'm not alone in this case https://www.vbforums.com/showthread....meone-responds ). I do not plan at all to get a gmail account.

Getting with your email provider to see if they are blocking the mail BEFORE it gets to you is something else to look into.
    I receive other emails, and also , until end September, I was receiving emails since around March.
    1 Hour vinyl mix live on Eurodance90 each sunday 10:00 PM (French Timezone) - New non-official Jingle Palette update Jingle Palette Reloaded

See the "Sticky" thread on this same subject.