Thread: Button controls on Windows10 look like flat rectangles while on Win7 like they should

Button controls on Windows10 look like flat rectangles while on Win7 like they should

I have done most of the development (conversion from VB 6) on Windows 7 in Visual Studio and the button controls look like 3D, as they should when I run it. But when I take the *.exe to Windows 10, I just see rectangles. What do I need to do to make them look decent on Windows 10?

Re: Button controls on Windows10 look like flat rectangles while on Win7 like they sh

One way:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/window...-8-look-alike/

Alternative:

Make your own button controls that do not use the current Windows theme for the style.

Re: Button controls on Windows10 look like flat rectangles while on Win7 like they sh

Quote Originally Posted by VisualBeginner.NET View Post
    But when I take the *.exe to Windows 10, I just see rectangles.
    What do you mean by this? Do the buttons not show up or something?
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

Quote Originally Posted by Niya View Post
    What do you mean by this? Do the buttons not show up or something?
    They show up but look like plain rectangles. I can click them with the same effect but they don't look good.

They show up but look like plain rectangles. I can click them with the same effect but they don't look good.
    That is because Windows 10 uses Microsoft's new "modern" look. It looked good to the Microsoft designers of that look. To most other users, not so much.