Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Russia Ukraine tensions

Re: Current Russia Ukraine tensions

Quote Originally Posted by TysonLPrice View Post
    I don't know what you mean by " Finally contracts, lots of contracts. He even sells f15s to Germany, our burst luckily exceeds him. Contracts... contracts" but I really regret Donald Trump also. One of the worst things every to happen in American politics and still close to half of us would vote for him again. The recent supreme court nomination hearing shows just were we are apart as far as polarized left and right. Sad...and too bad. All of us in the US are getting what we deserve.
    Within months, the Taliban are back, Islam has regained strength in Africa, and Putin has gone mad because he was told Ukraine was going to join NATO and host missile batteries a few miles away. from moscow. during this time, australia, which could have been a naval power, finds itself as an auxiliary force, and including in europe, the germans prefer to buy biden. Weakening these allies makes ... we really miss these predecessors. Biden plays golf, and just sold us billions of tons of gas...that old man should be in a hospice...

If you are going to drive this thread into American politics and make it a Trump versus Biden rather than focusing on the Ukraine topic, then please make sure you look being the media sound bites that are now creeping into posts.

For example - you can blame what is happening in Afghanistan on Biden (as the previous comment did), but you are a bit misdirected in doing so. Trump orchestrated the withdrawal from Afghanistan and then changed the timeline (moved it forward) to make it hard to accomplish. It's like the tax cuts that were done. The Trump tax cuts might have been a nice sound bite, but they were set to expire for the middle class after his term ended. If he got reelected, he would have been able to do the same tax cuts again and look good. If he didn't get elected, then taxes would look like they went up even if the new president did nothing.

You can imply that "Trump was tough" so things weren't happening; however, there are those that argue that Trump was a pushover, and thus there was no need for other countries to go to war when the US was pretty much stepping aside. Just look at the ISIS situation where they were contained and pretty much eliminated, but the US under Trump stepped aside.

Is this post support for Biden? No. It is rather a note that correlation doesn't equate to causation.

And for the other comment that said "Half of Americans would still vote for Trump". To be clear - half of the people who vote. Not half of Americans. And add to that Trump never won a popular election, so he never received more than half the votes even in the year he was elected President.

Pulling this back to the thread topic - There are a lot of good articles on why Putin didn't attack Ukraine prior to this past year. Those from people with credible backgrounds indicate it has nothing to do with either Trump or Biden. As to the Ukraine being added to NATO, they had been told no. If you listen to what is being stated from Russian sources, it sounds like the NATO excuse for the war is not really the one that was used by Russia. Rather it sounds like they were liberating the Ukraine from a fascist takeover.

Of course, I know better than to respond on a Biden vs Trump discussion (but here I did it anyway... ). Too many people are so sold to their party colors that civil and open discussion rarely happens.

So my real question is - with it now being over a month. How can the conflict be resolved where everyone saves face and is happy?
    Have you given out your reputation points today? Select the Rate This Post link to give points for good posts!
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC
    (I wrote: C Programming in One Hour a Day) (Dad Jokes Book) (Follow me on Twitter)

--------------------------------------------------------------

King of sapila

There was an article in a UK paper can't recall which but it was a big one that said that the war will end till May 9 that is the Russian liberation day from the Nazi's.
    On that note, I don't think US is interested in ending the war, it's good business for them.Europe and their garbage men officials are caught in a trance they can't get out because they are too stupid baby. Russia is going to request ruble for GAS payment to "hostile" countries (one of them is ours, due to our stupid idiotic traitor dictatorisk), we gonna have a blast, when their ars gets cold (again 10 years of depreciation we are used to it, they aren't)Russia already got the peripheral lands to the sea so they are taking their time I guess. Not that it's good but it is what it is.
    So NATO should have said that they won't include Ukraine but they didn't and now it's to late for that.
    A comment about Biden. There are a lot of media interviews and question that he answers and he looks like he is on another planet, so it's not our fault for that. There was a NATO conference and he started saying about Nazi's in Louisiana made him run for President again. I mean, ***?!
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

We have Emmanuel Macron, he decided that the campaign was just a formality for his election. The last time, all these opponents had files and judges in the middle of the campaign. If obama accepted a CDI? he can get the job.

King of sapila

Don't get me wrong.
    Our prime minister is the worst of the bunch but some are pretty close.

Quote Originally Posted by brad jones View Post
    If you are going to drive this thread into American politics and make it a Trump versus Biden rather than focusing on the Ukraine topic, then please make sure you look being the media sound bites that are now creeping into posts.

For example - you can blame what is happening in Afghanistan on Biden (as the previous comment did), but you are a bit misdirected in doing so. Trump orchestrated the withdrawal from Afghanistan and then changed the timeline (moved it forward) to make it hard to accomplish. It's like the tax cuts that were done. The Trump tax cuts might have been a nice sound bite, but they were set to expire for the middle class after his term ended. If he got reelected, he would have been able to do the same tax cuts again and look good. If he didn't get elected, then taxes would look like they went up even if the new president did nothing.

You can imply that "Trump was tough" so things weren't happening; however, there are those that argue that Trump was a pushover, and thus there was no need for other countries to go to war when the US was pretty much stepping aside. Just look at the ISIS situation where they were contained and pretty much eliminated, but the US under Trump stepped aside.

Is this post support for Biden? No. It is rather a note that correlation doesn't equate to causation.

And for the other comment that said "Half of Americans would still vote for Trump". To be clear - half of the people who vote. Not half of Americans. And add to that Trump never won a popular election, so he never received more than half the votes even in the year he was elected President.

Pulling this back to the thread topic - There are a lot of good articles on why Putin didn't attack Ukraine prior to this past year. Those from people with credible backgrounds indicate it has nothing to do with either Trump or Biden. As to the Ukraine being added to NATO, they had been told no. If you listen to what is being stated from Russian sources, it sounds like the NATO excuse for the war is not really the one that was used by Russia. Rather it sounds like they were liberating the Ukraine from a fascist takeover.

Of course, I know better than to respond on a Biden vs Trump discussion (but here I did it anyway... ). Too many people are so sold to their party colors that civil and open discussion rarely happens.

So my real question is - with it now being over a month. How can the conflict be resolved where everyone saves face and is happy?
    My first thought is this is chit chat and it can go where it wants whether if it bothers you not. You have the right to comment but not dictate my threads. I didn't bring in American politics I was responding to someone that did.

I can't argue that...but it is a very popular position that the country is split politically down the middle. Pedanticism aside what I said is accurate.

Really; you know better then to make political responses...you fooled me
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

PowerPoster

I can't argue that...but it is a very popular position that the country is split politically down the middle. Pedanticism aside what I said is accurate.
    Right now, probably more than half would vote for him. Not because more than half want Trump but more than half want to get rid of Biden. Inflation Gas prices, stock market ... It doesn't matter who's fault it is.

King of sapila

This is a big shiat sandwich and we are all gonna have to take a bite ( I thought byte at first but most of the times you don't get the anagrams so...).
    Quote from the well known war movie (cuz we have a frantic quoter lurking about)
    Last edited by sapator; Mar 26th, 2022 at 11:06 PM. Reason: An admin told me that locking that thread saved them from the 55 embarrassment

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Tyson: My first thought is this is chit chat and it can go where it wants whether if it bothers you not. You have the right to comment but not dictate my threads. I didn't bring in American politics I was responding to someone that did.
    I get the impression that Brad's post was a response to apfelgluck's rather than yours. Yours and Brads positions look like they roughly align to me.

apfelgluck: Within months, the Taliban are back
    Correct, as per the schedule laid out by Trump. I think Biden bungled the actual withdrawal but the fact that there was a withdrawal at all is entirely on Trump's plate

apfelgluck: Islam has regained strength in Africa
    So much wrong here that I can't be bothered to unpack the latent prejudice.

apfelgluck: Putin has gone mad because he was told Ukraine was going to join NATO
    No he wasn't. This was a construct of his own paranoid delusion.

apfelgluck: Biden plays golf
    ... because Trump never did that.

Brad: There are a lot of good articles on why Putin didn't attack Ukraine prior to this past year.
    Personally I think he was waiting for Trump to pull out of NATO in his second term.

Wes: Not because more than half want Trump but more than half want to get rid of Biden.
    Sounds about right. I think the worst thing the Dems could do next election is run Biden. And about the worst thing the Reps could do is rerun Trump. Odds of both parties doing the absolute worst thing they could do are looking pretty high at the moment, I reckon.
    Last edited by FunkyDexter; Mar 27th, 2022 at 03:53 AM.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

I get the impression that Brad's post was a response to apfelgluck's rather than yours. Yours and Brads positions look like they roughly align to me.
    After I posted I thought I wasn't the intended poster but I was reacting emotionally not rationally. I really didn't mean any personal offence.

For God’s sake, this man cannot remain in power,” Biden said.
    That started a lot of walking back and world wide consternation...he needs to just keep reading his cards. Trump blathered out stupid stuff all the time but even though the focus was on him it had focus. Biden, I fear, is too old for this...

Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    On that note, I don't think US is interested in ending the war, it's good business for them.
    No, it is not. It may look like it from the outside. Yes, we are selling a bunch of stuff, and yes we have gained in a few areas as a result of this, but we are losing out for the most part, and we know it. All politics are local. The EU can talk about solidarity and resolve, but you're 'over there' and always have been. Domestically, our gas prices have soared. We have yet to see the other economic fallout, but it's coming, and anyone watching global economics can see that it's coming. There will be some sectors of our economy that will benefit mightily, but sectors don't vote. The issues that will get people to vote for one side or another are not our geopolitical stance on any issue. It's prices, especially gas prices, and those are soaring.

Now, those of you in the EU would laugh at what the US considers high gas prices. In fact, you often have, whenever anybody from this country whines about gas prices, but that doesn't matter to us. The people who are whining are the people who are feeling it. The fact that our gas is still relatively cheap doesn't matter, it's just the actual cost that matters, and that has roughly doubled. That will cause people to vote, and vote against the people who stood up for Ukraine.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

A comment about Biden. There are a lot of media interviews and question that he answers and he looks like he is on another planet, so it's not our fault for that. There was a NATO conference and he started saying about Nazi's in Louisiana made him run for President again. I mean, ***?!
    Biden has always been that way. He was that way when dinosaurs walked the planet (yes, he was around then), and he's that way now. So he gets Louisiana confused with Idaho. So what? That just means he's representative of most of the US population.

King of sapila

Well first, what makes you think that people at higher places care about your problems?
    If Biden falls they will find another puppet. They only seemed to be "afraid" of Trump but since I'm not in US that may not be true.
    Secondly if Biden has always been that way and you voted for him then,what can I say. Welcome to the cheated voters club.

Quote Originally Posted by TysonLPrice View Post
    After I posted I thought I wasn't the intended poster but I was reacting emotionally not rationally. I really didn't mean any personal offence.
    Correct - my post wasn't aimed at you at all, nor was I saying where the conversation could (or couldn't)go. Rather that the thread started about Ukraine and that it had been turned to American political media-spewed talking points (which wasn't you) -- talking points that have been refuted over and over.

As to my "I know better" comment. I know better thanto jump into Trump vs Biden conversations because most people in such discussions tend to be irrational and not open to hearing alternative opinions or perspectives. Those types of discussions tend to lead towards attacking the poster rather than attacking the issue. I know that by jumping in, I become a target to be attacked.

As Funky said - you and I are likely more aligned. It is others turning the conversation and throwing out noise.

A comment about Biden. There are a lot of media interviews and question that he answers and he looks like he is on another planet, so it's not our fault for that.
    Are you aware that Biden has a speech impediment? It includes a stutter. A bit of how he talks is related to compensating for that.

King of sapila

Does that include seeing Nazi's around and mixing Ukraine with Iran?
    Also note that I'm not aware of how insulted US people can get when we muck your President. That is because mucking our PM from a scale of 1-10 how annoyed we get, I should give it a minus 20.
    So if this seems insulting, I can't certainly stop.

King of sapila

"Hunter Biden DID help secure millions in funding for US contractor in Ukraine specializing in deadly pathogen research, laptop emails reveal, raising more questions about the disgraced son of then vice president"
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...m-Ukraine.html

Please say it ain't so.

I'm not aware of how insulted US people can get when we muck your President. That is because mucking our PM from a scale of 1-10 how annoyed we get, I should give it a minus 20.
    In today's world - most people don't care what is said about our Presidents, and most of our Presidents create lots of sound bites that are easy to "muck" them about. Whether it is saying the wrong country, saying "Covfefe" (whatever that is), or a plethora of other gobbledygook. You'll likely offend more people saying something nice about a President than bad.

Please say it ain't so.
    You're citing the daily mail so I'm quite comfortable saying it aint so. Or if it is so it will be being spun to point unrecognisable from fact. That's kinda what the daily mail does. They're our equivalent of One America News.

Yes, we are selling a bunch of stuff,
    I'm not sure you're even benefitting by that are you? I think the military aid is being gifted rather than sold. From an economic point of view I don't think the US is making any immediate gains and is driven by moral compunction. Frankly, it's great to see the US actually behaving like the good guys again.

I guess there's probably some long term economic benefit as this repositions the USA at the head of the world pecking order again - a position you were starting to fall from. That comes with both security and export dividends over time.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Secondly if Biden has always been that way and you voted for him then,what can I say.
    I can't speak for him but for me I would have voted for you, if the constitution was changed, before Trump. I think that is why Trump could win today if there was an election despite being impeached twice and under investigation in numerous places and jurisdictions. They just hate Democrats that much. Too the extant they would vote for him, like I would vote for you
    Last edited by TysonLPrice; Mar 27th, 2022 at 03:03 PM.

King of sapila

OK so Biden's son is innocent or at highly less extent from what is been written. OK I will keep that in mind for now..

Why I'm getting a vote, i don't know but I highly doubt I want to lead, something, to get a vote.
    But OK when I decide to run anti NWO international I would be expecting it.

OK so Biden's son is innocent or at highly less extent from what is been written. OK I will keep that in mind for now..
    Innocent? I wouldn't go that far. I would say that if all his dealings were known, plenty of people would feel that a portion were unethical. Unethical isn't necessarily illegal, but they still shouldn't be done.

Why I'm getting a vote, i don't know but I highly doubt I want to lead, something, to get a vote.
    That's a pretty good qualification.

Consider the ego required to feel that you are such a person that you SHOULD be leading the US. Most people, even if they think well of themselves, don't think THAT highly of themselves....unless they're dumb enough not to understand the complexity of the problems they'd face.

The point, though, is that Biden's main qualification was that he was not Trump.

King of sapila

Aha.
    OK on that note I feel obliged to say that even an one eyed donkey with half a tail and shoot by a beaver special force zoo commando can lead better than our prime minister.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    The point, though, is that Biden's main qualification was that he was not Trump.
    "The Empire Strikes Back"

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    "The Empire Strikes Back"
    White House logs from Jan. 6 show 7-hour gap in Trump calls during the insurrection that "Trumps" Nixon's 18½-minute gap by quite a bit.

You don't hear about democrats being caught with little boys, accepting bribes, cheating at everything they can like the number of republicans are. I don't know if you have to be depraved to be accepted into the republican party or the democrats are not stupid enough to get caught all the time.
    Last edited by TysonLPrice; Mar 30th, 2022 at 03:46 AM.

White House logs from Jan. 6 show 7-hour gap in Trump calls during the insurrection
    Yeah... but... emails!

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDexter View Post
    Yeah... but... emails!
    That's so 'last year'. The rallying call now is "but Hunter Biden's laptop...."

Please keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by brad jones View Post
    That's so 'last year'. The rallying call now is "but Hunter Biden's laptop...."

Please keep up.
    That is even beating out CRT, no abortions after twenty minutes, and the border "crisis".

Don't get me wrong.
    Our prime minister is the worst of the bunch but some are pretty close.
    For 4 years, we have polls every week or every day with the results of the presidential elections. vote macron or macron ...vote macron, it's macton or macron. Once we understand that... no campaign and that the elections are only a formality where 30% to 40M% of the population will vote, well... vote Macron. It's macron or macron. who has better?

King of sapila

Macron is from the Greek word "μακρόν" (makron) that means lengthy, for a long time .
    Anyhow for me Macron with the Canada Prime and our idiot are pawns of the same "school".
    Russia says we need to pay in ruble in order to get gas. Europe (except Germany that will pay) is denying it and of course our prime puppet will do so. Also bread went over 1.5 Euro here as we mostly use soft wheat for bread (we have hard wheat but not soft) and most of it came from the war fields. Also petrol is over 2 Euros per liter and electric power is over 30-40% . That is all our prime puppet fault because ,dictated by US, does not want to drill and dictated by GER stopped the lignite's that we have 100% efficiency and is putting on the air generators (also known in Greece as "fourfourakia") but... Elections seems to be coming in 2 months.I say seems to be coming but they may well be. Will see who will laugh last...

I've come to realize that, while it might be you, it will be a sardonic laugh. I do think you can laugh at anything, but I doubt you'll be happy with the outcome of the election. Still, I look forward to hearing your take on it, once it eventually happens.

King of sapila

I will be happy if the 3 treacherous parties that run this country treacherously in the last 20 years can shove off. Or at least don't host an alliance and rule together.
    Hopefully if covid served anything more than a 2 years flouc, made people to wake up, the hard way and vote for something not treacherous.

You will be disappointed. That's my prediction. Several possible events between now and the election could change my expectations, but that's where I come down now, though not strongly. This is a time of external challenges and stresses. Countries tend not to change leaders in those situations. Greece is not externally challenged to the same extent as some other EU countries, but they may well act as if they were. On the other hand, economic forces could make the challenges and stresses more internal, in which case they are likely to change leaders. Irrationally, too, as it's mostly a response of, "this isn't working, let's do something different." Thinking about what would be different often doesn't happen.

King of sapila

Will see.
    Right now the Price idiot party get's 25-30% on the systemic media polls but on the secret polls is about 18-23% . It was at 39% something when come to govern.
    Ohh I believe the leader will change with what he has done all those years and most importantly and lately tried to make enemy with Russia to a country that is first in the EU at Russia friendship.That constitutes a crime against the country stability and is punishable with life sentence. Although I would prefer the total withdraw of his fortune from the state and let him find a job afterwards, probably as a doorman, i don't think he is capable for something more.

King of sapila

"Now that Joe Biden’s president, the Times finally admits: Hunter’s laptop is real"
    So is Nypost and NYtimes fake news papers also?
    https://nypost.com/2022/03/17/the-ti...aptop-is-real/

Also Hilary was fined 100.000$ from the Federal Election Commission for mending with Trump's campaign. Is not a fine an admit of guilt? Probably goat(yep) away cheap should be dealing with death sentence for crimes against her country. Say, you got some interesting people over there also, maybe we can set up a trade or traitors?
    Last edited by sapator; Mar 31st, 2022 at 09:56 PM. Reason: a admin told me I'm mendling with powers I don't undrestand

PowerPoster

You might check with Canada. At this point people there might be willing to consider "2 for 1" deals.

King of sapila

Not that copy paste of our Prime. It would be like taking a copy back home and poorly made.
    I would trade our President for Hillary and the mayor of Wisconsin (?)

PowerPoster

Nearly an hour and 10 minutes long, but fairly densely packed with information. After the 1st 45 minutes or so it dissolves into speculation on gold, crypto, and other pseudo-currencies which you may want to skip.

Sadly there is a conclusion in there that... unless Biden and his EU cronies back off mushroom clouds become more likely.

"Now that Joe Biden’s president, the Times finally admits: Hunter’s laptop is real"
    So is Nypost and NYtimes fake news papers also?
    https://nypost.com/2022/03/17/the-ti...aptop-is-real/
    You mention the Nypost and NYTimes, but have a link to just one of those. They are not the same paper, and the distinction is quite stark. The NY Post has an ancient history (as ancient as history can be in this country, which isn't all that much by your standard), but for the last few decades, it has been essentially a conservative gossip rag.

Also Hilary was fined 100.000$ from the Federal Election Commission for mending with Trump's campaign. Is not a fine an admit of guilt? Probably goat(yep) away cheap should be dealing with death sentence for crimes against her country. Say, you got some interesting people over there also, maybe we can set up a trade or traitors?
    Hilary was fined about $8,000, the 100,000 fine was for the DNC. It's recent, though, and the law is never so quick in this country, not when sums that large are included. Wait for the next shoe to drop.

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast