Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VB6 Compile Error

Lively Member

Re: VB6 Compile Error

OK, I think we've made progress. I went in and changed the 2.0 to 2.1 in Notepad as you described.
    I also noticed in the components that the MS Common Controls 6.0 (SP6) had not saved and was not applied. I corrected this and checked to make sure it was still checked after reloading the project.

When reloading the only error showing now is the DisplayStudies
    Line 226: Class Threed.SSPanel of control panErrorQuery was not a loaded control class.

The others are now just Error occurred during load. I think if we resolve this last one, the others should go away.
    What might be causing this last error message?

Frenzied Member

Quote Originally Posted by fpojre View Post
    OK, I think we've made progress. I went in and changed the 2.0 to 2.1 in Notepad as you described.
    I also noticed in the components that the MS Common Controls 6.0 (SP6) had not saved and was not applied. I corrected this and checked to make sure it was still checked after reloading the project.

When reloading the only error showing now is the DisplayStudies
    Line 226: Class Threed.SSPanel of control panErrorQuery was not a loaded control class.

The others are now just Error occurred during load. I think if we resolve this last one, the others should go away.
    What might be causing this last error message?
    I've already posted about it twice.

Lively Member

Yes you did. I overlooked it in my notes. thanks

Lively Member

I have downloaded threed32.ocx, placed it in the WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 FOLDER as described and also placed it in the VB folder. When attempting to register use the regsvr32 /i- threed32.ocx (in the RUN command as Admin) I received the following error message "threed32.ocx is not an executable file and no registration helper is registered for this file type. I've searched on Google for possible reasons with no luck Anyone have any ideas why this isn't working?

Frenzied Member

Quote Originally Posted by fpojre View Post
    I have downloaded threed32.ocx, placed it in the WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 FOLDER as described and also placed it in the VB folder. When attempting to register use the regsvr32 /i- threed32.ocx (in the RUN command as Admin) I received the following error message "threed32.ocx is not an executable file and no registration helper is registered for this file type. I've searched on Google for possible reasons with no luck Anyone have any ideas why this isn't working?
    Downloaded??? From where? Is the file digitally signed by Microsoft? It could be malicious if you just grabbed it from some "helpful website" where you can download any ocx you need...

Also, if you actually typed in a "-" after the "/i" in the command line, don't. In fact, you don't even need the "/i".

Just "regsvr32 Threed32.ocx". Make sure the command prompt is changed to the C:\Windows\System32 folder when running that command.

Lively Member

It was downloaded from ocxme.com and it was scanned prior to download.
    I did what you suggested and removed the "/i-" and came up with the same error message.

Lively Member

wait, I didn't insure it was pointed to C:\Windows\System32. I'll retry and post results.

Lively Member

ok did a redo with the command pointed to C:\Windows\System32 and no error message, so it should be registered now. I'll restart the VM and then try reloading the project and see if any errors show up.

Lively Member

Reloaded the project, after registering the threed32.ocx
    we’re down to one.
    frmDisplayStudies error
    Question, I just noticed on startup this is WINXP Pro X64. Could this be causing an issue?

Frenzied Member

I've got to tap out of this thread at this point. Good luck.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123