Thread: Visual Basic Resource Editor in VB6 on Win10

Visual Basic Resource Editor in VB6 on Win10

Hi,

I'm using VB6 on Windows 10.

On Jingle Palette source code I got, there is a RES file that seems to be a resource file that includes some graphics.

I would edit some graphics so it looks that I need to do in Resource Editor.

But I don't find it in the Add-In Manager.

I digged on the web and found that there is a dll to register . I tried to register the dll with the following command :
    regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\VB98\Wizards\RESEDIT.DLL"

But I get an error :
    The module "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\VB98\Wizards\RESEDIT.DLL" was loaded, but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with Error Code 0x80004005 Windows Unspecified Error

For more information about this error, search online using the error code as a search term.

The others results of my search give threadls with link to Microsoft procedure but no longer available.

Any idea to get this editor available ?

Thanks
    1 Hour vinyl mix live on Eurodance90 each sunday 10:00 PM (French Timezone) - New non-official Jingle Palette update Jingle Palette Reloaded

PowerPoster

Re: Visual Basic Resource Editor in VB6 on Win10

load the resource editor add in
    i do my best to test code works before i post it, but sometimes am unable to do so for some reason, and usually say so if this is the case.
    Note code snippets posted are just that and do not include error handling that is required in real world applications, but avoid On Error Resume Next

dim all variables as required as often i have done so elsewhere in my code but only posted the relevant part

come back and mark your original post as resolved if your problem is fixed
    pete

I would like to load it but how ? It doesn't appears in Add-In manager . I don't understand
    1 Hour vinyl mix live on Eurodance90 each sunday 10:00 PM (French Timezone) - New non-official Jingle Palette update Jingle Palette Reloaded

PowerPoster

it appears in my addin manager, maybe your installation is flawed
    i do my best to test code works before i post it, but sometimes am unable to do so for some reason, and usually say so if this is the case.
    Note code snippets posted are just that and do not include error handling that is required in real world applications, but avoid On Error Resume Next

dim all variables as required as often i have done so elsewhere in my code but only posted the relevant part

pete

I tried to reinstall but still not displaying in add-in manager

Tried install on a VM and looks works. I don't know why.

I see on VM that somes others add-ins are displayed with names, but on my mmachine, I have only 5 ou 6 add-in displayed with names, the others still displayed with names like #00514 etc etc ...

PowerPoster

i think there has been some thread on this during the last year,

https://www.vbforums.com/showthread....addin+resource

pete

Hi,
    thanks, I have already saw this thread, I tested uninstall, reinstall, the install tells me that there is already visual studio 6 component but does'nt appears in add/remove programs, forced rein,stallation so, installed SP6, tried the vbs script, dig on the urls in thread, that are giving other threads with others urls, etc etc, endless...

Lost my night to try to resolve, I can not loose anymore time, I will modify the RES file on the VM where Resource Editor runs.

Thans for your help

PowerPoster

did you try the vbs file in the thread to register, should be run elevated

pete

Yes, but didn't resolved the problem
    Also, I found a software that could help http://melander.dk/reseditor