Thread: Any DataGrid user control support right to left and alternative row color?

Any DataGrid user control support right to left and alternative row color?

hi, i am looking for any datagrid support right to left propeties and alternative rows colors.

i know i can use flexgrid but its not good theme, when i see other grids like as lynixgrid or ... they have 3 problem to i cant use theme.

1-righttoleft datagrid not supported ( maybe i can fill grid reverse fields from end field to first field) but problem 2 not solved yet
    2-scroll bar at first show will be show from left to right but i want start scroll bar show from right to left.(lynix grid,leand.. grid and etc ...)
    3-when i add record more than 300 or 400 record with more than 8 or 9 columns some grids will be scroll slow like as lynix grid and ...

i see this problem in most data grid user controls too.

any body know any data grid user control or use any data grid to can fix my 2 problems?

PowerPoster

Re: Any DataGrid user control support right to left and alternative row color?

The MSHFlexGrid should work just fine. I think you can have it make the last column visible so that should move the scroll bar to the right end of the range to start. Haven't tested that part but I think it should be possible.

You can color alternate rows through code with no problem and 500 records with 10 columns should not be any issue at all [with any grid for that matter] unless of course there are tons of data in each field. I have definitely had grids with over 1000 rows and 20 columns, in some cases several thousand rows and no real issues. Of course when dealing with loading large amounts of data your HDD speed, GPU, CPU speed and RAM available will all have an impact still less than 500 rows with less than a dozen columns is actually a very small amount of data and should not be an issue even on a slow machine

if u r talking about jst flexgrid only maybe work but i dont want use msflex grid,i told because flexgrid have not good style or theme if u hv any sample to can use flexgrid with good skin send here but i talked about looking for other datagrirds to can use from rightto left and without that 3 issue.i dont want use cracked other ocx or like these.
    i am still wait here maybe my problem will be fix.

PowerPoster

Well just so you know Flexgrid and HFlexGrid are two different controls both are included with VB6.

The vbFlexGrid by Krool supports owner drawing and it comes with source code.
    You can find in the codebank

i keep open this thread yet because i did not find a good grid with support righttoleft and cool theme yet,i used vbflexgrid by krool for temporary way but i am try to find a good grid support cool theme or skin and righttoleft support,i can use flexgrid or MSHFlexGrid or jgrid or LynxGrid or igrid(need paynment) or Arcadia products (need payment) or like these grids but problem is about support righttoleft layout and theme properties

so if any body know a good grid with support these two options send link or attach a sample user control here,i am looking yet

Fanatic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Storm View Post
    i keep open this thread yet because i did not find a good grid with support righttoleft and cool theme yet,i used vbflexgrid by krool for temporary way but i am try to find a good grid support cool theme or skin and righttoleft support,i can use flexgrid or MSHFlexGrid or jgrid or LynxGrid or igrid(need paynment) or Arcadia products (need payment) or like these grids but problem is about support righttoleft layout and theme properties

so if any body know a good grid with support these two options send link or attach a sample user control here,i am looking yet
    try iGrid...

as i said before i am looking for user controls or ocx free but igrid it not free and right to left layout not exists in igrid too.