Thread: Picture Box or Image for a Flappy Bird Game

Picture Box or Image for a Flappy Bird Game

I try to use the Image to insert a design for my final project Flappy Bird Game, but when it's running, the pipes and santa have glitches, how can I fix this?

Sinecure devotee

Re: Picture Box or Image for a Flappy Bird Game

I assume you mean you're using an Image control which is giving you glitches.
    And I'm assuming you're asking whether you should be using Image controls or Pictureboxes for your Flappy Bird and other moving sprites.

The answer would be neither. You should be drawing your sprites, not housing them in a control.
    You should use a Picturebox for the drawing surface for the whole game (assuming you don't want to use other third party methods of drawing, such as RC6).

The subject is too expansive for a simple answer. There have been many posts on game development and drawing characters. I don't have time to search for them for you, unfortunately.
    "Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing at that moment" Robert Benchley, 1930

Hi! Thank you so much for the response!
    I'm currently new to visual basic 6, I tried to use the picture box, but the problem is the background is not transparent, and the sizes of the pipes were just half. I've been doing a lot of research lately about this problem but none of that helps me.

Hyperactive Member

The last statement of the "Objekt.PaintPicture" method is RasterOp. By applying different RasterOp constants, you can get different results. From simple copying to mixing images.
    Attached Files Attached Files