Thread: [twinBASIC] Bitwise Manipulations : VOTING OPEN UNTIL 3rd JAN

[twinBASIC] Bitwise Manipulations : VOTING OPEN UNTIL 3rd JAN

Voting is now open on whether to allow LShift \ RShift as aliases for << and >> respectively.

The voting options are:

• IN FAVOUR OF adding LShift and RShift to the language, as alternatives for << and >> respectively
    • OPPOSED TO adding LShift and RShift to the language, as alternatives for << and >> respectively
    • NOT BOTHERED either way

Discuss and vote on the twinBASIC repo here: https://github.com/WaynePhillipsEA/t...iscussions/396

VOTING WILL BE OPEN UNTIL 3rd JAN

Re: [twinBASIC] Bitwise Manipulations : VOTING OPEN UNTIL 3rd JAN

You can create a poll as part of a thread. I thought I might be able to edit your post to become a poll, but I can't. When you create a new thread, down at the bottom is the option to create a poll. I'm not sure that you can edit this thread to add a poll to it, or not, but if you want to create a new thread that has an actual poll in it, I can merge this thread into that one, or delete it, or something. Whatever seems most appropriate.

A poll thread would just have a poll, but is otherwise a normal thread. You can opt to see who has voted for what, or leave the voting anonymous. Feel free to try it out in the Forum Test Area, if you'd prefer.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Thanks @Shaggy Hiker, that's good to know.

At the moment, polls are being held on the developer's GitHub repo. I didn't want to break any rules by linking to external discussion sites, but as I'm not the maintainer I can't speak for whether having polls in multiple places would be acceptable, perhaps @WaynePhillipsEA could advise.

My intention really is just to bring this vote to the attention of the community here. If I've broken any forum rules, please lock or delete this thread with my apologies.

No, what you have done is fine. I was actually thinking that you wanted to conduct a poll here, but I see that you were just trying to herd people to the appropriate site for voting. People really should vote on that one, too, considering how many opinions there are on the subject.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing