Thread: Merry Christmas VBForums

Merry Christmas VBForums

I won't be on for the holidays and so I wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas

I hope that y'all enjoy the holiday season!
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

PowerPoster yereverluvinuncleber's Avatar

Re: Merry Christmas VBForums

Merry Christmas to you too and those here who frequent my posts regularly, especially Olaf and Niya.
    https://github.com/yereverluvinunclebert

Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.

By the power invested in me, all the threads I start are battle free zones - no arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign.

Merry Christmas to you too Uncleber and dday

Hope you all have a wonderful and eventful holiday.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

PowerPoster

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night. lol

PowerPoster

Merry Christmas, happy holidays, season's greetings, berry grimble, etc... Sincerely from me to you all.

In no particular order, special shout-outs to - Olaf, Niya, Shaggy, Funky, UncleBer, Wqweto, Elroy, TheTrick, sapator.

Retro shout outs to those who no longer post here just in case you are lurking: BonnieWest, TannerH, DreamManor

I apologize to those I've missed, but the feeling is the same to all of you in this great community.

Well Merry Christmas to you too, jpbro.
    And to everyone else as well.
    Any software I post in these forums written by me is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, and permission is hereby granted, free of charge and without restriction, to any person obtaining a copy. To all, peace and happiness.

Ah! I am touched! MErRy ChRiStmAs to you JBPro and Elroy and all others on that list.

Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.

By the power invested in me, all the threads I start are battle free zones - no arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

There's the serious devotee - posting on Christmas Day!

@Steve and all - Happy holiday and a safe New Year.
    All advice is offered in good faith only. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

This is the SECOND day of Christmas and we have TEN days to go. We will be enjoying each and every one!

Hope you have an even Merrier Christmas as the festival progresses.

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Merry Christmas
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

We missed a white Christmas by one day. It was snowing on the day, but none of it stuck. It's sticking now, though.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Photos Required or it didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    We missed a white Christmas by one day. It was snowing on the day, but none of it stuck. It's sticking now, though.
    It was white for days due to freezing clear nights for about a week and a half. But then two days before Christmas, it warmed-up, defrosting everything!

I think the last time I remember seeing snow around this time was 10 years ago.

It barely snows now in Bayern, but when it does now, it only sticks for a couple nights.

Anyway, I know it's late... Merry Christmas!
    Last edited by Peter Porter; Dec 27th, 2021 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yereverluvinuncleber View Post
    Photos Required or it didn't happen.
    Around here, when it comes to precipitation, it's always uncertain whether or not it happened.

It was cold last night. I'm not sure how cold, but it was certainly well below freezing. Despite that, when I got up there was about 4-5 inches of snow on my trash can, about 2-3 inches on the grass, less on the roads. By now, much of that snow is gone already.

It was cold last night. I'm not sure how cold, but it was certainly well below freezing. Despite that, when I got up there was about 4-5 inches of snow on my trash can, about 2-3 inches on the grass, less on the roads. By now, much of that snow is gone already.
    Last night for us felt like spring. I walked out to the far end of my garden to turn off our Christmas lights, just wearing a t-shirt, around 11:30pm.

Remembering now, it did snow a couple of times earlier this month, but quickly melted.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Porter View Post
    Last night for us felt like spring. I walked out to the far end of my garden to turn off our Christmas lights, just wearing a t-shirt, around 11:30pm.
    Just a t-shirt? Hope it was a long one!

Just a t-shirt? Hope it was a long one!
    Just a regular t-shirt.

It was between 8 to 9 celsius in Bayern last night, which is 46,4 to 48,2 fahrenheit. I wasn't out long, but it wasn't cold enough to give me goosebumps.

I only get chills around 4 °C and under.
    Last edited by Peter Porter; Dec 29th, 2021 at 03:53 PM.

Ah, you missed the point. I was suggesting that you weren't wearing ANYTHING else.

Ah, you missed the point. I was suggesting that you weren't wearing ANYTHING else.
    I wasn't!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Porter View Post
    I wasn't!
    Just kidding!
    Last edited by Peter Porter; Dec 29th, 2021 at 06:45 PM.