Thread: Facebook Issue

Facebook Issue

For the last ten days or so, when I'm on the main/general page of FB..... I'll click on a button to watch a video.... Often times after a minute or so, in the lower left I'll see a message "Ad is about to Start" and then I'll see "Video will continue after the Ad."

Then BOOM..... The ad never shows up and video I was watching disappears.

I've written FB twice and haven't gotten a response. Has anyone else seen this issue?

I'm using Chrome and Win 10.

Re: Facebook Issue

I don't do FB, but I've seen things like that happen on other sites, most notably NFL.com (which is a site about neutrino fluorescence labeling, of course).
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

On Firefox, the add appear, play for a few seconds then disappear and the video is back.
    The best friend of any programmer is a search engine
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenges, wish for more wisdom" (J. Rohn)
    “They did not know it was impossible so they did it” (Mark Twain)

This can happen when the ad-server is off-line or is having delays, which is very common. If the ad does not play, the web page / video player bails.

Do you have an ad-blocker running? I know ad-blockers can cause issues with video playback.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

Yes I use Ad Block Plus but the same thing happens with or with out.

FB also has an Entertainment VIDEO section.... The same ads/type of ads work well there.

I visit FB several times a day over a 15 hour period - seven days a week. The issue is always there.

Well then we can only conclude that FB is falling apart lol...
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber