Thread: correctionstring error

Hyperactive Member

correctionstring error

I had to do a restore and since then my VB6 project flags an error on the connectionstring

Re: correctionstring error

*gazing into my crystal ball*
    *i can't see the connection string*
    *the future is murky*
    *divination is such an inprecise discipline*
    Last edited by Zvoni; Tomorrow at 31:69 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One System to rule them all, One Code to find them,
    One IDE to bring them all, and to the Framework bind them,
    in the Land of Redmond, where the Windows lie
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    People call me crazy because i'm jumping out of perfectly fine airplanes.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Code is like a joke: If you have to explain it, it's bad

I think I'm going to start quoting from the guidelines for posting.

DETAILS, DETAILS, DETAILS. This cannot be stressed enough, the more information you provide to us, the more we can help you. We are not mind readers. No one is sure where that rumor started, but it is simply not true. We do not have a secret ActiveX Brain Widgets installed, we cannot see what's going on over there. We rely on you to provide as much information as you can.

Once you have included everything, PREVIEW your post. Make sure links to anything you provided work. Check spelling. Does the code you provided look OK? Double check to make sure you are in the correct forum.

Taking the extra couple of minutes to make sure your posting is correct and includes all relevant information, will save time later on. Then we wouldn't feel the need to post "Please provide a full and clear description of your problem".
    Any software I post in these forums written by me is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, and permission is hereby granted, free of charge and without restriction, to any person obtaining a copy. To all, peace and happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketRon View Post
    I had to do a restore and since then my VB6 project flags an error on the connectionstring
    Here's the deal... unless I'm mistaken, none of us are sitting in your lap - I'm certainly not - so we don't see what you see. We only know what you tell us, which at this point, is.... nothing. You got an error. Great. You've successfully walked into the doctor's office and declared "it hurts" ... grand. What does that even mean? Did your doors fall off their hinges? Did the wheels come off your car? Did your fingers fall off? For all I know you have eels in your hovercraft.

And if it seems like we're mocking you, we are. I am at any rate. Your join date of 2010 shows that you have been around for 11 years and 438 prior posts ... so this isn't your first trip to the rodeo... you should know how it works by now.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Hyperactive Member

I have a form called frmTop which has a ado called adoFind all in vb 6

With frmTop
    .adoTop.ConnectionString

End With
    after adoTop. a menu box appears but the option ConnectionString is not in the menu how can I get it back please

PowerPoster

I'm guessing "a ado" means an ADO Data Control.

PowerPoster

Have you at least looked at the connection string to insure it is pointed to the right file and folder?