King of sapila

Resolved [RESOLVED] convert date timespan with regional time

Hi.
    I have a time string this: /Date(1644012000000+0200)/

Now I have 2 issue
    1)If i remove the extra time I get a wrong time doing this:

Code:
            Dim dtest As DateTime = "1/1/1970"     
            dtest = dtest + TimeSpan.FromMilliseconds(Convert.ToDouble(strvistadate))
    Mind you I'm removing the strings and leave only the number portion (1644012000000) or if I add the + 0200 : 1644012000200

This is supposed to give out 2022-02-05 but it's giving 2022-02-04 . So I'm missing a day.
    I haven't dealt with regional addition so I'm not sure how would I use the extra +0200 .

Even with a datetimeoffset it will not work:

Code:
       Dim dtest As DateTimeOffset = "1/1/1970"
       dtest = dtest + TimeSpan.FromMilliseconds(Convert.ToInt64("1644012000200"))
      Dim correctdate As Date = dtest.Date.ToString
    So I guess somehow I need to add the extra +0200 but it's not an just an addition on the timestamp, it's something else.
    Thanks.

EDIT:

Best bet I found so far is get the +0200 , treat it as an additional hour.

dtest = dtest + TimeSpan.FromMilliseconds(Convert.ToDouble("1644012000200")) + TimeSpan.FromHours(2)

That seems lame. Isn't there something to detect the hours or I should just put a detection mechanism in a function?

Thanks
    Last edited by sapator; Dec 7th, 2021 at 11:08 AM.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

Re: convert date timespan with regional time

This produces 2/5/2022

Code:
            Dim dtest As DateTime = #1/1/1970#

dtest = dtest + TimeSpan.FromMilliseconds(1644012000000) + TimeSpan.FromHours(2)
    My First Computer -- Documentation Link (RT?M) -- Using the Debugger -- Prime Number Sieve
    Counting Bits -- Subnet Calculator -- UI Guidelines -- >> SerialPort Answer <<

"Those who use Application.DoEvents have no idea what it does and those who know what it does never use it." John Wein

The +200 part could be written as +2:00 (ie: 2 hours and 0 minutes), I'm don't know why the standard is without the colon.

Note that some time zones aren't exact hours (eg: +0030 is possible), so you do need to detect both parts and add them as time.

A separate function to do that is probably wise.

if I add the + 0200 : 1644012000200
    Yeah, stop doing that... the +0200 shows the hour offset from UTC, typically representing the timezone. For example I'm in the Eastern TZ, which is UTC-5 (or-4 depending on the time of year & DST) In this case it's UTC +2 so simply adding 200 to your milliseconds isn't the answer.

TimeSpan.FromMilliseconds(Convert.ToDouble("1644012000200")) + TimeSpan.FromHours(2)
    That's closer ... but it should still only affect the hours portion of the dateTime, not the Date ... you should be coming out with the correct date at least (I think). Unless because it's +2 you need to add a day. ????
    Honestly I'm not 100% sure...

Here's an SO thread where someone had a similar problem ... and there's a solution

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *