Thread: Site Rips of Popular VB Sites which have closed down

Site Rips of Popular VB Sites which have closed down

This has reference to this post

https://www.vbforums.com/showthread....=1#post5527852

I realize I should have made a new post on this subject.
    I repeat my request. If someone has made backups / Complete Site Rips of extinct / defunct VB sites which were popular once upon a time, please post your download links.

I do know that one could try the WaybackMachine. But many times I have not been able to find the required info there also.

Regards

Re: Site Rips of Popular VB Sites which have closed down

Yakkov, I suspect all of us have pieces of this. I certainly know that I do. However, I'm not willing to do the work (or rent the server space) to just willy-nilly post this stuff.

Now, on the other hand, if you've got a specific need for something, you should just ask, and I'm quite sure several of us will post ways to address your need.

IMHO, as long as this VBForums site stays up, we're still ok.
    Any software I post in these forums written by me is provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, and permission is hereby granted, free of charge and without restriction, to any person obtaining a copy. Please understand that I’ve been programming since the mid-1970s and still have some of that code. My contemporary VB6 project is approaching 1,000 modules. In addition, I have a “VB6 random code folder” that is overflowing. I’ve been at this long enough to truly not know with absolute certainty from whence every single line of my code has come, with much of it coming from programmers under my employ who signed intellectual property transfers. I have not deliberately attempted to remove any licenses and/or attributions from any software. If someone finds that I have inadvertently done so, I sincerely apologize, and, upon notice and reasonable proof, will re-attach those licenses and/or attributions. To all, peace and happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    Yakkov,

. . .

Now, on the other hand, if you've got a specific need for something, you should just ask, and I'm quite sure several of us will post ways to address your need.

. . .
    I entirely agree with you on that point. This Forum has lots of people ever willing to help out.

I was thinking more in terms of how PlanetSourceCode was resurrected in GitHub. It was a great job.

I spend a lot of time just browsing through that. It is such a pleasure.

In the meanwhile, I saw Eduardo coming forward with a valuable information in https://www.vbforums.com/showthread....=1#post5545296

So, if others could post such information here, this thread could serve as a one-stop-shop for anyone desperately needing something.

Regards,

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by Yakkov View Post
    In the meanwhile, I saw Eduardo coming forward with a valuable information in https://www.vbforums.com/showthread....=1#post5545296

So, if others could post such information here, this thread could serve as a one-stop-shop for anyone desperately needing something.

Regards,
    Here

Quote Originally Posted by Eduardo- View Post

That was so kind of you.
    Thank you very much.

I am adding this information here to consolidate the information at one place.

Information on PSC GitHub Repository is here
    https://www.vbforums.com/showthread....=1#post5545930