Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ignoring moderators

PowerPoster yereverluvinuncleber's Avatar

Re: Ignoring moderators

Quote Originally Posted by brad jones View Post
    This seems like a roundabout way to say he is unhappy with the moderation on the forum. I'm not sure what is being implied by linking to a post on the resignation of moderators on another forum.

Oh yes, that's why we are treating it lightly and I do my bit in that regard, raising the tone slightly.
    https://github.com/yereverluvinunclebert

Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.

By the power invested in me, all the threads I start are battle free zones - no arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign.

Quote Originally Posted by Niya View Post
    I use WordPad for this, especially when I'm writing really big posts with lots of illustrations and carefully thought out statements. My bigger CodeBank entries are examples of such posts.
    You’re using a program not written in VB6 and doesn’t use vbclient, I’m not interested.
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

PowerPoster yereverluvinuncleber's Avatar

The nice thing about cintanotes is that a shift+F12 after any selected text and it creates a new note with a correct title and the text neatly placed in the note.

It wasn't written in VB6 but it should have been.
    https://github.com/yereverluvinunclebert

Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.

By the power invested in me, all the threads I start are battle free zones - no arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign.

MOVED to Chit Chat.

Just for grins I tried to change my "nickname" to Moderator....It changed it to asterisks so I put it back to "Wall Poster"
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

We'll need you, what with all the resigning mods. Personally, my resignation will be effective... ooh, I dunno... 2030ish... maybe... blame it on all the people who keep ignoring me.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Quote Originally Posted by TysonLPrice View Post
    Just for grins I tried to change my "nickname" to Moderator....It changed it to asterisks so I put it back to "Wall Poster"
    Wow! This works! :-))

I'll keep my fake status until discovered by real mods. . .

cheers,
    </wqw>

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    MOVED to Chit Chat.
    Good move. Now we can ignore this thread just like we can ignore a good moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by wqweto View Post
    Wow! This works! :-))
    It works until it doesn't... but when it doesn't work, the question will be does your account still work......?

Quote Originally Posted by brad jones View Post
    It works until it doesn't... but when it doesn't work, the question will be does your account still work......?
    There is usually some risk involved with everyday activities so I'm always on the lookout for falling bricks when walking on the sidewalks but you can still never know for sure :-))

cheers,
    </wqw>

So, when walking on the sidewalk you are looking up?

Are you one of those people who keeps running into the parking meters?
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    So, when walking on the sidewalk you are looking up?

Are you one of those people who keeps running into the parking meters?
    Here's rumours, that "looking up" will become mandatory for everyone in the future (if you want to keep your job)...

It's to prevent over-filling the ICUs with people, "hit by falling shingles and stuff".
    (statistics have shown, that running into parking-meters instead, is far less dangerous for ones health -
    ...so, making "looking up" mandatory keeps the ICU-units available for all these cancer-patients).

As we've learned recently - people cannot be trusted anymore, to do their own risk-assesment.

Olaf

PowerPoster

As we've learned recently - people cannot be trusted anymore, to do their own risk-assesment.
    Well that certainly isn't new. If people were capable of that then we could save lots of money on traffic signs and enforcing traffic safety laws. We could also walk around juggling live grenades.
    Last edited by wes4dbt; Nov 24th, 2021 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    Well that certainly isn't new. If people were capable of that then we could save lots of money on traffic signs and enforcing traffic safety laws. We could also walk around juggling live grenades.
    We also wouldn't have stupid warning labels like "Do not use near an open flame" ..... on shaving cream. Really? What brought that on? As a comic I saw once said "That means somewhere, some time, some idiot told his wife, 'Hon I think i'll shave... in the fireplace!'"

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Well I guess some people might want to shave by candle light (during a power outage), so it isn't that bad... unlike the warning labels on packets of nuts, eg: "warning: may contain nuts"

Why do they need a warning for that, and why on earth is the the word "may" in there?

People with certain nut allergies aren't necessarily allergic to all nuts, but maybe specific ones... but processing plants will often process one nut, then another, then a different one... allowing for trace amounts of a different nut to end up on another. So the pine nuts could be contaminated by peanuts. I could see that being a more realistic situation than someone shaving by candlelight. I mean, if you're shaving by candlelight.... do you need to be shaving?

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

PowerPoster

That's funny.

Plus that's just bad programming. lol

Where do we get Shaggy processed. He's a total nut.

(He's grounded, though)
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDexter View Post
    Where do we get Shaggy processed. He's a total nut.

(He's grounded, though)
    And now we are roasting him
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

I've thought for a while that he's a bit coco.

Quote Originally Posted by dday9 View Post
    You’re using a program not written in VB6 and doesn’t use vbclient, I’m not interested.
    May the coding gods strike me dead for such blasphemy!
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

Quote Originally Posted by wqweto View Post
    LOL and ouch!
    I'm still alive!!!!

Was worried there for a second......
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

Apparently, I'm nuts.

It's been a fine few days of eating, and after all that, I still don't know what this thread is about.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12