Thread: Microsoft Visual Studio 2022

Microsoft Visual Studio 2022

MS VS 2022 has now been released (not preview). See https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/launch/
    All advice is offered in good faith only. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

Re: Microsoft Visual Studio 2022

A word of warning. We installed VS 2022 and it broke our .NET 5 and .NET Core projects, even when building them in VS 2019. I'm not sure exactly what's going on behind the scenes but it seems like the .NET 6 SDK might be being used to build any and all .NET Core projects and that fails unless they target .NET 6. It was also failing to precompile the views in ASP.NET Core projects. The workaround was to add a global.json file to the solution and specify the SDK version to be used to build the projects. The file can be added manually or generated via the Package Manager Console. If anyone encounters the issue and needs more information, let me know.

Other than that, I like VS 2022 so far.

Has this been reported to MS?
    All advice is offered in good faith only. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

Quote Originally Posted by 2kaud View Post
    Has this been reported to MS?
    It has. My boss provided them with additional diagnostic data earlier today.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcilhinney View Post
    It has. My boss provided them with additional diagnostic data earlier today.
    Microsoft have acknowledged the issue and informed us that a fix will be deployed soon as part of the .NET 6.0.1 SDK.

Fanatic Member

I've been using VS.NET 2022 Preview from the beginning, also .NET 6 SDK on build machine (Windows and Linux). After the final release I've got problem (on Win machine - both full VS and SDK only) the paths in environment were set to 32-bit directory of dotnet first and dotnet command failed. Manually editing path and moving dotnet dir 64-bit before 32-bit fixed the problem.