Thread: Microsoft makes its VS Code tool available directly in the browser

Microsoft makes its VS Code tool available directly in the browser

Re: Microsoft makes its VS Code tool available directly in the browser

Yeah, somebody sent me a link to this. It's an interesting idea. Not currently where I'm going, but kind of a sign. Unfortunately, too many people read too much into signs emanating from MS. I think they want to be all things to all people (except for VB6 coders) when it comes to development.

They can't quite dominate the desktop anymore than they already do. They won't dominate the hardware people access the web on. So, they are trying to dominate the tool chain people use to write code...for everything.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Re: Microsoft makes its VS Code tool available directly in the browser

Yeah, I'm trying to wrap my head around who the target audience for this would be. It's VSCode... not Visual Studio. VS Code already runs pretty much every where it needs to - Windows, Mac, & Linux. What's left? Ok, so iPad, & phones? Really? Sounds like trying to create a market where there isn't one.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *