Thread: added sound to Access form, various control events not firing

added sound to Access form, various control events not firing

Hi all.
    I have an Access form with a number of labels and command buttons, all of which can be clicked to fire events. Some clicks populate a textbox with text.
    I added sounds to the form, first with PlaySound, and later with the Windows Media Player Control, and now, sometimes the button/label clicks work and sometimes they don't.
    Sometimes the sounds will stop working as well. Sometimes, I can click on the textbox and enter text via the keyboard when the buttons aren't working, and sometimes, I can't.
    Sometimes when everything stops working, I can click off of the form and onto the VBA editor and then back to the form, and the clicks start working again, but even then, sometimes the audio files stop playing (or at least stop making sound).

Something about adding sounds has made the form unpredictable/unstable. I can't figure out how to trap the error/problem.

Any ideas?
    Thanks.
    Wen Gang, Programmer
    VB6, QB, HTML, ASP, VBScript, Visual C++, Java

Banned

Re: added sound to Access form, various control events not firing

I often face different problems in embedded development. But I have never seen this kind of problem with sound. It is possible that there is a driver conflict or you have an outdated audio driver.
    Last edited by si_the_geek; Oct 31st, 2021 at 08:00 AM. Reason: removed unnecessary link

Re: added sound to Access form, various control events not firing

Yeah, maybe. I opened up my ancient VB6 and built essentially an identical setup and it worked perfectly.
    Some issue in Access or something.
    Also, I have from time to time had dimensioned variables lose their values in Access VBA.
    For this project, I think I'll leave it in VB. It's pretty much finished and I can still crank out a little EXE for old times' sake.
    Wen Gang, Programmer
    VB6, QB, HTML, ASP, VBScript, Visual C++, Java