Thread: How do I associate an exe file with another file with its own name, internal?

Lively Member

Question How do I associate an exe file with another file with its own name, internal?

How do I associate an exe file with another file with its own name, internal?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

PowerPoster

Re: How do I associate an exe file with another file with its own name, internal?

As it says in the Fine Manual:

Project Name

Identifies your component in the Windows Registry and the Object Browser. It is important that it has a unique name.

The project name is the name of the type library for your component. The type library, or TypeLib, contains the description of the objects and interfaces provided by your component.

It is also used to qualify the names of classes. A combination of project name and class name is sometimes referred to as a fully qualified class name, or as a programmatic ID. The fully qualified class name may be required to correctly identify an object as belonging to your component.
    It is not some "internal name."

So with that covered, what do you mean when you say "associate?" The term already has a very specific meaning in Windows software development and use, but I suspect you mean something very different.