Thread: VB6 ActiveX isn't displayed in Microsoft Office UserForms

Lively Member

VB6 ActiveX isn't displayed in Microsoft Office UserForms

I have a VB6 ActiveX control. When I open the VBA environment in Microsoft Word/Excel and create a new UserForm, I can place this ActiveX control on the form, change its properties, write code in the form's events, etc. - no problems. Ok, I save the solution as docm/xlsm file and close it. But when I open the solution again, the control is not displayed on the UserForm at design time and run time. The best thing I can do is to click the area occupied by the control and see it framed with a dotted rectangle:

Name:  2021-10-11_16h40_06.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  29.4 KB

This does not happen to other ActiveX controls like Microsoft TreeView from the VB6 Common Controls pack. You can see it on the picture above at the right.

Do I need to support a special interface to make my control work in VBA UserForms? I implemented IObjectSafety, but it seems it has nothing to do with VBA UserForms. Digital signing also does not help.

PowerPoster

Re: VB6 ActiveX isn't displayed in Microsoft Office UserForms

Try the registration-free loading control, that's how I did it.

Lively Member

How do you do that? And why we can't make this work for controls registered in the registry the traditional way?

PowerPoster

I used to load controls without registration and found that the loaded controls could not be displayed. The method is to maximize and then restore. Similar to this, it is also possible that Microsoft has changed too much, resulting in worse compatibility.