Thread: [RESOLVED] Saving forms, projects, etc. always want to save in the VB98 folder on the C drive

Resolved [RESOLVED] Saving forms, projects, etc. always want to save in the VB98 folder on the C drive

Is there a workaround to prevent that, I save all my projects on my D drive.

Re: Saving forms, projects, etc. always want to save in the VB98 folder on the C driv

Do you mean when you create a new project?
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

Re: Saving forms, projects, etc. always want to save in the VB98 folder on the C driv

Yes, sorry for the confusion.

I know later versions of Visual Studio can do it but I have no idea if this could be done in Visual Studio 6. Perhaps someone else would know how. I'd expect it to be able to do this.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

I've lived with it for 20 years or so, but thought I'd ask.

Change the "Start In" location of the short cut to where you want

Where do I find that?

Quote Originally Posted by Gymbo View Post
    Where do I find that?
    Right click in the VB6 shortcut -> Properties

Quote Originally Posted by AthlonArg View Post
    Change the "Start In" location of the short cut to where you want

Oh you changed the working directory through the Windows shell. I guess that works too. Later versions like Visual Studio 2019 saves to the last folder you created a project in. I thought that there would be a way to get Visual Studio 6 to do it too.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Niya View Post
    Oh you changed the working directory through the Windows shell. I guess that works too. Later versions like Visual Studio 2019 saves to the last folder you created a project in. I thought that there would be a way to get Visual Studio 6 to do it too.
    If you save the VB6 project first the path is where save it (App.path), if you run or at first save always point to VB installation folder (C:\program files\ms visual\vb98\ or where u installed it)