Thread: language keeps coming back

King of sapila

language keeps coming back

I will chit chat it as I don't really care about fixing this on w10 as I just switch from the language bar.
    What I have noticed is that having 3 languages Greek, English US, English-UK and when I remove English UK keyboard from languages, after some conditions, the UK keyboard will come back. The conditions are unknown and it's not a restart.
    Now according to this:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...e-2d1068f313df

They fixed it by deleting from MS office account. But I don't have MS office, I only have an unpaid read only excel that I haven't ever touched.
    As I've said I only us the laptop for remote office access, so, meh, I just mention it and there is no way I will go about changing the registry.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

Re: language keeps coming back

And you wonder, why i abandoned Windows 4 years ago and switched to Linux?

Just today i completed an online-training at the company i work for.
    It was about "Security at your workstation" (company has a full Windows-Network).
    During all those points "How to prevent Malware-Attack" "Keep your AV Up-To-Date!" and so on, i laughed out so loud that my boss (separated by a wall with a Window) turned around and looked at me confused.
    He: "What are you laughing about?"
    Me: "The security-online-training"
    He: "Let me guess: Because you're a linuxer....."
    Me: "Yep! Haven't used an AV-Program since 4 years now. Come to think of it: I haven't suffered a Malware-Attack since the same time..."
    Last edited by Zvoni; Tomorrow at 31:69 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One System to rule them all, One Code to find them,
    One IDE to bring them all, and to the Framework bind them,
    in the Land of Redmond, where the Windows lie
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    People call me crazy because i'm jumping out of perfectly fine airplanes.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Code is like a joke: If you have to explain it, it's bad

Yeah, because Linux is too rare to bother attacking. If everybody moved to Linux, your safety would go away like it had never been.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    Yeah, because Linux is too rare to bother attacking. If everybody moved to Linux, your safety would go away like it had never been.
    In a "standard"-Desktop-Config (one user = admin) it would still be miles more safer than Winbloze, just because of the fact your standard-one-user-is-admin IS NOT "root".

But i think it has more to do with the laziness of the users:
    Point for honesty: On a single-user-System Windows: Who has (at least) 2 accounts (one Admin, the other for daily driving)?
    Last edited by Zvoni; Tomorrow at 31:69 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One System to rule them all, One Code to find them,
    One IDE to bring them all, and to the Framework bind them,
    in the Land of Redmond, where the Windows lie
    People call me crazy because i'm jumping out of perfectly fine airplanes.
    Code is like a joke: If you have to explain it, it's bad

I do. The admin account requires a password, the general account does not, and has much lower permission. Can't install anything on the general account.

There's a reason why Linsux hasn't taken more than a small share of the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Zvoni View Post
    Me: "Yep! Haven't used an AV-Program since 4 years now. Come to think of it: I haven't suffered a Malware-Attack since the same time..."
    I'm a Windows user and I haven't installed AV on my PC in something like 10 years. I like Linux but I'd never use it as my main OS.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

King of sapila

As, where and when I worked the environment was windows I did not have the opportunity.
    I mean I installed SUSE a couple of years ago on my PC, probably 7-8 years but just for educational reasons and then I forgot I had it.
    But yes I'm all in favor if I could get a chance on a company. Windows security is the least of your concerns in a company IMHO, you mostly have to be prepared for incoming attacking with a lot of firewalls and split your domains so your don't get, what you will get, everywhere. If they can breach you main server then the security goes bye bye if they log as admin there. I'm not sure how is that on Linux but seen the latest Facebook attacks, that I'm guessing they are not that insane to use IIS, Linux is breachable as well. I guess, not am certain.
    About not installing AV on the PC and rely on, windows security.One time, just one time it will happen...
    I think we don't even use...No, let me check so I won't speculate..Yep, no defender no local firewall on the company.We don't used kid stuff to protect 500 users.

Quote Originally Posted by Zvoni View Post
    And you wonder, why i abandoned Windows 4 years ago and switched to Linux?
    Do I? I wasn't aware. Thanks for the heads up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    Indeed. Boasting that your preferred platform doesn't suffer from malware attacks amounts to boasting that no one uses your preferred platform. Given that Windows is the primary target of the vast majority of hackers because it's the most popular OS and the fact that the vast majority of successful attacks are due to user stupidity rather than any specific failing of the OS, a large proportion of the criticism of Windows is really people saying "look at me, I'm part of the smart minority and you're not".

PowerPoster yereverluvinuncleber's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    when I remove English UK keyboard from languages, after some conditions, the UK keyboard will come back.
    It is just underhand imperial tactics, we are trying to re-establish the old British Empire and we are starting with your keyboard. From this point onward you only be able to use English and whilst you are doing so you will have to be polite about it too. It will help here on the VB Forum enormously so don't fret and don't fight it.
    https://github.com/yereverluvinunclebert

Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.

By the power invested in me, all the threads I start are battle free zones - no arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign.

King of sapila

I really wouldn't mind but the damn thing skips certain characters (like I press : it shows @, i press \ it shows #) so i have to loop 2 languages to get to En-us .
    I wasn't aware that Brits use those kind of tactics, I would be expecting my laptop splatter me with tea or beer but OK.

Type Here to Search-> Language

There is a REGION setting - set it to the United States to see if that fixes the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    Type Here to Search-> Language

There is a REGION setting - set it to the United States to see if that fixes the issue.
    Ooo yeah. Of course, then he'd have to worry about COVID, too.

King of sapila

But I'm on Greece region. I probably shouldn't change that.

P.S. Also there is a Heard island and MCDonald islands on region!!!? .May I take your order sir? Maay I take youur ourder siir? I doubt someone will get that.
    Covid, from Greek word "covo" , to cut down. So Charon collector of deathhhh!!!!... No I'm joking but a mod made me do it!