Thread: Gitpod releases browser-based Visual Studio code

Gitpod releases browser-based Visual Studio code

Re: Gitpod releases browser-based Visual Studio code

yeah... I'm having trouble with that... what does that give me that I don't already have?

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Nothing, I would expect. It seems like the goal is breaking free of MS. If you don't care about that, then there is likely nothing at all for you there.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

If it was Visual Studio, maybe I'd care, because that would be cool. But it's VSCode... which already runs on Win, Mac, & Linux.... so I'm not sure what the gains here are. Maybe there's some aspect of VBCode I'm not using that would make this a game changer, but I suspect for a majority of people, it doesn't.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *