Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Results 161 to 190 of 190

Thread: Democracy

  1. #161
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    36,735

    Re: Democracy

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalShaman View Post
    And we are heading to a scenario where a human from 2yrs old till death has to get an injection every year from stock traded pharmaceutical companies to be allowed to go to kindergarden, school, work and so on.
    That would be a pretty excessive extrapolation. As it stands, in the US, there ARE vaccination requirements to attend public school, but they aren't every year. To get to the extreme extrapolation you have gotten to you have to assume that annual boosters are essential, there's no reason to expect that. Furthermore, some vaccinations could go away, such as polio and smallpox, once the disease has been wiped out.
    this is not the world i want to live in.
    Don't worry, life isn't permanent.

    some studies say, and this was also brought up during the FDA hearing around the third jab a few days ago, that more people die because of the vaccine than because of covid. this conclusion is drawn by considering the notorious and well researched underreporting of adverse events.
    Yeah? How about showing some evidence of this, because it's nonsense, so you have to back it with at least something.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  2. #162

    Thread Starter
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Central Europe
    Posts
    1,338

    Re: Democracy

    That would be a pretty excessive extrapolation. As it stands, in the US, there ARE vaccination requirements to attend public school, but they aren't every year. To get to the extreme extrapolation you have gotten to you have to assume that annual boosters are essential, there's no reason to expect that.
    wait and we will see.

    Furthermore, some vaccinations could go away, such as polio and smallpox, once the disease has been wiped out.
    dont put real immunating vaccines into the same pot as leaky vaccines.

    Yeah? How about showing some evidence of this, because it's nonsense, so you have to back it with at least something.
    https://www.skirsch.com/covid/Deaths.pdf
    There is also a group of german scientists who did the same and came to a similar conclusion. the study was (of course) not published. i am not searching for a link as you wont be able to read it anyway and you made up your mind already.
    i'm sure you will find something to argue against these results. dont expect me to bring counter arguments.
    i'd just recommend keeping an eye on population statistics (deaths, death causes, births etc.) and an open mind.

  3. #163
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Democracy

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalShaman View Post


    https://www.skirsch.com/covid/Deaths.pdf
    There is also a group of german scientists who did the same and came to a similar conclusion. the study was (of course) not published. i am not searching for a link as you wont be able to read it anyway and you made up your mind already.
    i'm sure you will find something to argue against these results. dont expect me to bring counter arguments.
    i'd just recommend keeping an eye on population statistics (deaths, death causes, births etc.) and an open mind.
    Hahahaha, oh boy you gonna have such a great time now from the vaxbie spiders(not Shaggy). I would suggest not putting this to the table it's not worth the effort.
    .

  4. #164
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Democracy

    Spidersss...Assemble!!



    Name:  vaxr.jpg
Views: 1697
Size:  43.0 KB
    .

  5. #165
    .NUT jmcilhinney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    107,743

    Re: Democracy

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalShaman View Post
    the study was (of course) not published.
    And I'm guessing that you have concluded that that is due to some conspiracy to hide the truth, rather than that it was a bad study.

  6. #166
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    36,735

    Re: Democracy

    That report starts with crap, continues with crap, and ends with crap. First off, they start with a nonsense statement about the low number of COVID deaths in the US. The official count is nearly three times that high, but the deaths above the normal rate is actually more like four times as high, so the official count is low....or are they saying that there is something else that happened after COVID showed up, but before vaccines were developed, which accounts for an extra 400,000 deaths? No, they're pretending that those people died of other causes. That's absurd. Everybody is going to die, eventually. Are they seriously saying an extra 400,000 people hurried up to die in 2020 just to throw off the numbers? Nope, they aren't saying anything, they're just using that to get the COVID death rate down low enough for their argument to be true (if you accept their other numbers), but are doing so without justification.

    They then go on to cook the books on their numbers, repeatedly. Let's see, there are no official deaths from the vaccine...but they talk about autopsies on people who clearly died from the vaccine. Really? If the vaccine isn't the cause of death, how do you identify those people?

    They also do some serious tinfoil hat stuff in there. They left out that case of paralysis, which apparently all of the government and all of the media are collaborating to keep silent. That's pretty obvious nonsense. The number of people who would have to be colluding for that to be true would be enormous...AND they would have to be in lockstep....AND they happen to hate each other and fight like stray cats on EVERY other issue...except the one that the conspiracy theorists NEED them to be in lockstep on, and for no reason clear or opaque.

    So, it amounts to: If you cook the numbers that you do have, make up the numbers that you don't have, and perform some crazy extrapolations...yeah, there are all these deaths, which literally millions of people are all working together to keep secret, even though those millions of people don't work together for ANY other reason.

    WHY? Why would they suddenly come together to keep this a secret? Why did these authors have to throw out most COVID deaths....oh yeah, if they used the official number of 650,000, or the excess death number which is up around 850,000, by now, then their basic premise would be wrong even with all the book cooking they did to get there.

    It's nonsense, and it's irrational nonsense.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  7. #167
    Super Moderator FunkyDexter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth
    Posts
    7,730

    Re: Democracy

    It's published by Steve Kirsch who has precisely zero background in virology. He's a computer scientist who did some flawed data analysis. I couldn't find who Jessica Rose is (unless she's a make up artist from Cheltenham which seems unlikely). Mathew Crawford describes himself as an "Educator, Entrepreneur, Statistician, Finance Specialist" - so, again, no expertise in virology.

    As a source for the efficacy and /or harmful side effects of covid vaccinations they're about as reliable as Nikki Manage (though she did correctly identified that my anaconda don't want none unless you've got buns, hun... so maybe we should take her more seriously).

    It's a good thing that the public at large do their own research before engaging they're affirmation bias otherwise that sort of information could do real damage. Oh wait... you didn't.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

    Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

  8. #168
    .NUT jmcilhinney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    107,743

    Re: Democracy

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalShaman View Post
    wait and we will see.
    We could say that about anything. You're obviously claiming that something specific will happen but if the best you have to back that claim up with is 'wait and see" then you obviously have nothing to back that claim up with. In my experience, the people who make such claims rarely come back and admit their mistake when things don't turn out the way they claimed they would.

  9. #169
    Fanatic Member Delaney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    729

    Re: Democracy

    the only serious medical person named Jessica Rose is this one https://www.stanfordchildrens.org/en...r/jessica-rose

    there is an other one here : https://il.linkedin.com/in/jessica-rose-85702519

    the famous paper of the famous Jessica Rose is this one : https://www.datascienceassn.org/site...%2C%202021.pdf

    it is interesting to note about the author :
    Author affiliation: The Institute for Pure and Applied Knowledge but no other affiliation like an university or anything else...
    Correspondence: jrose@ipaknowledge.org

    by the way, I know no one who has a PHD who write " PhD, MSc, BSc" usually PHD is enough as if the number of degrees is of importance (of course if you have a PhD you have the MSc level and the BSc level) by the way, the field of her PhD is not precised in the publication but it is in her biography (see after).

    IPAK is (from them) "a not-for-profit organization which exists to perform scientific research in the public interest"

    from IPAK, Research Fellow Dr. Jessica Rose is an immunologist and molecular biologist who has specialized in computational biology and the bio-mechanisms behind pathogenic infections, Her research and publications include investigating hepatitis B, cytomegalovirus, HIV, and anthrax. (source: https://www.facebook.com/ipaknowledg...5110339618269/


    Edit, I found some other articles about her :
    https://covexit.com/wp-content/uploa...hy_Dr_Rose.pdf
    https://covexit.com/vaers-what-do-the-data-tell-us/

    all this correspond to the woman of the linkedin profile above.
    Last edited by Delaney; Sep 26th, 2021 at 02:54 PM.
    The best friend of any programmer is a search engine
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenges, wish for more wisdom" (J. Rohn)
    “They did not know it was impossible so they did it” (Mark Twain)

  10. #170
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    36,735

    Re: Democracy

    Good detective work.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  11. #171
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Democracy

    Well Clouseau was from France, so...
    .

  12. #172
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    36,735

    Re: Democracy

    That was NOT great detective work, though very entertaining.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  13. #173
    Fanatic Member Delaney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    729

    Re: Democracy

    That's very funny because Clouseau is in the Pink Panther movie, Pink in french is "Rose"... it remains to be seen if Jessica Rose is a panther
    The best friend of any programmer is a search engine
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenges, wish for more wisdom" (J. Rohn)
    “They did not know it was impossible so they did it” (Mark Twain)

  14. #174
    Super Moderator FunkyDexter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth
    Posts
    7,730

    Re: Democracy

    I would guess it's the linked in profile rather than the Stanford Childrens Health because the latter, although medical at least, is specialised in orthopaedics. The linked in profiles is, at least, for an immunologist who's currently contributing to a site call "covexit.com". Draw your own conclusions.

    Or, hell, have a quick scan of the their articles for yourselves and see if you can detect a bias. Notably, I couldn't find a reference to them from outside of their own echo chamber but I'll admit I didn't look very hard.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

    Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

  15. #175
    Fanatic Member Delaney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    729

    Re: Democracy

    I didn't find either any reference to covexit.com and IPAK from any serious site (I found only one reference from a french journal named FranceSoir who is anything but serious)
    The best friend of any programmer is a search engine
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenges, wish for more wisdom" (J. Rohn)
    “They did not know it was impossible so they did it” (Mark Twain)

  16. #176
    Fanatic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    588

    Re: Democracy

    warning

    In Italy the situation is disastrous
    The "prime minister" stated:
    "What has been the environmental ingredient that has favored the recovery of the Italian economy? It's vaccination, the fact that we can work with peace of mind, go out and about, go to school. The vaccine is the only safe way to protect ourselves and our loved ones."

    In Italy there is no democracy.

    GREEN PASS:
    What is it and how to get the Green pass:
    The Covi-19 Green Certification was created to facilitate the safe movement of citizens in the European Union during the COVID-19 pandemic. It certifies that you have had the vaccination or are negative for the test or are cured of COVID-19. The Certification contains a QR Code that allows you to verify its authenticity and validity. The European Commission has created a common technical platform to ensure that the certificates issued by a State can be verified in the 27 EU countries: opens a new window plus Switzerland, Iceland, Norway and Lichtenstein. In Italy, the certification is issued exclusively through the national platform of the Ministry of Health in both digital and printable format. The timing for the transmission of data, and the subsequent generation of the Certification, may vary depending on the type of health service: vaccination, negative test or recovery from Covid-19.

    Green pass and WORKERS:
    Who is lacking, both in public and private work, the green certificate will not be suspended but will be considered "absent without leave until the presentation of certification"

    With the Green pass mandatory in the workplace from next October 15 until December 31.
    Workers, both in the public and private sectors, without a green certificate will not be suspended but will be considered "unjustified absent until the presentation of the certification, without disciplinary consequences and with the right to preservation of employment". But from the first day of absence will no longer receive pay or other compensation or emolument. In practice, those who are not vaccinated retain their jobs but do not take salary.

    The employee caught at work without a pass will be fined between 600 and 1,500 euros. On the other hand, those who do not go to work without a Green Pass will be considered unjustly absent and will have their wages suspended from the first day of absence.



    https://www.lindipendente.online/202...egole-europee/
    "The Italian legislation on the Green Pass seems to be, at first glance, in contradiction with what is established by the European Regulation n. 935/2021, which defines the legal framework for the issuance, verification and acceptance of the Green Certificate, intended as a tool to "facilitate the free movement during the Covid-19 pandemic".

    In this sense, mainly to raise some perplexities are points 14 and 36 of the regulation. In the former, the principle is stated that the Green Pass "should not be understood as facilitating or encouraging the adoption of restrictions on free movement or other fundamental rights in response to the pandemic". In the second, however, is stated the need to "prevent direct or indirect discrimination against individuals who are not vaccinated" including those who, although not unable, have simply "chosen not to be vaccinated. In this sense, it goes on to say, "this Regulation cannot be interpreted as establishing a right or an obligation to vaccinate".

    It is these principles, then, that lead one to think that there may be a contrast between this regulation and the way in which the Green Pass is currently used in our nation. First of all, in fact, discrimination against unvaccinated individuals seems to be present, at least indirectly, in Italy. In this sense, while those who choose to undergo the Covid vaccine must not personally incur any expense to obtain the Green Pass, for those who decide to obtain it through the tampon the issue is quite different. In this regard, although from October 15 will be introduced free swabs for those who can not vaccinate, for all others will still be payment. And even if the rapid antigenic tests will have a lowered price (8 euros for minors and 15 euros for adults), this will still give rise to a not so hidden disparity of treatment between those who decide to undergo the serum and those who refuse, legitimately, to do so.

    In fact, this is a legitimate choice, since at the moment in Italy there is no obligation (if not for health care) to vaccinate against coronavirus. In this sense, as provided by Article 32 of the Constitution, "no one can be obliged to a particular health treatment if not by provision of law", which precisely at the moment there is not. And in this regard, the argument by some, according to which this article would be circumvented by the health pass as it surreptitiously obliges citizens to vaccinate, seems not to be totally wrong in light of the above difference in treatment. This would determine, however, a contrast not only against Article 36 of the European Regulation, which as mentioned provides that it can not justify the establishment of "a right or an obligation to vaccinate", but precisely also against Article 32 of the Constitution. In any case, however, even if you do not want to consider well-founded the hypothesis of the de facto obligation, the contrast with Article 36 would still be there since, as mentioned, it requires the non-discrimination, direct or indirect, of the unvaccinated.

    Finally, with regard to the aforementioned point 14 of the regulation, it must be said that in Italy the restrictions introduced seem to be in contrast with some fundamental rights of our Constitution. The mandatory nature of the pass, as is now known, was in fact extended not only to access to certain services or activities, but also, by special decree law, to university students and school and university staff. This leads us to hypothesize that there may be a conflict with certain articles of the Constitution such as the second, which guarantees the inviolable rights of man, some of which now seem to be subject to the possession of the green certificate.

    For these reasons, therefore, we asked the European Union for clarification through Europe Direct, the service made available by the same to get in touch with it. However, from the answer we were given it emerges that the EU in practice maintains that there is no contradiction between what is established by the European regulation and the Italian legislation. This is because, specifically, "the national use of Covid-19 certificates for other purposes, such as access to events or venues, does not fall within the scope of EU law" and "when Member States decide to use Covid-19 certificates for other purposes, this must be provided for in national law".

    In any case, however, even if the EU's thesis is well-founded, doubts remain about the legitimacy of the use that Italy is making of the Green Pass. As mentioned, in fact, what generates perplexity with regard to the Italian legislation is not only the hypothetical contrast with the European regulation, but also, and above all, the apparent contrast with our Constitution, which remains possible regardless of whether the Green Pass in Italian sauce is, or not, really incompatible with the European legislation."


    Italy could serve as a forerunner or a laboratory for the experimentation of increasingly stringent restrictions that could then be extended to other European or Western countries.
    If there is not enough contrast from the Italians to these iniquities, the possibility that other nations will adopt them could increase.

    I have little confidence in the reaction of the Italian population. The protests here have been much milder than in France (where the situation is a little better).

  17. #177
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    36,735

    Re: Democracy

    The situation does seem better in France, as they made a mandate, then basically were lax on enforcing it. From your description, the Italian version has sharper teeth. What amounted to a 'nudge' in France was enough to get their vaccination rate very high. Yours sounds more punitive.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  18. #178
    PowerPoster Zvoni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    To the moon and then left
    Posts
    2,709

    Re: Democracy

    I would laugh if it wouldn't prove what i and Olaf have been saying:
    Just got an EMail from my Boss: He's Covid-Positive DESPITE being fully vacced for some months now.

    So, you still want to persecute the nay-sayers?
    You know the scientific approach: a statement is disproven if there is only one piece of counter-evidence.

    Ahh well, at least we all helped to "produce" some new Pharma-Billionaires for the annual Forbes-Ranking....
    One System to rule them all, One Code to find them,
    One IDE to bring them all, and to the Framework bind them,
    in the Land of Redmond, where the Windows lie
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    People call me crazy because i'm jumping out of perfectly fine airplanes.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Code is like a joke: If you have to explain it, it's bad

  19. #179
    Super Moderator FunkyDexter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth
    Posts
    7,730

    Re: Democracy

    That doesn't prove what you and Olaf have been saying in any way.

    Nobody has been saying that vaccines are 100% effective. They dramatically reduce your chance of infection and of being hospitalised or dying if you're infected. Because they reduce your chance of being infected, they reduce your chance of carrying the virus and infecting others.

    If the argument you're making is that, because a vaccine isn't 100% effective it is therefore dangerous your grasp of deductive logic is deeply flawed.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

    Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

  20. #180
    PowerPoster Zvoni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    To the moon and then left
    Posts
    2,709

    Re: Democracy

    Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDexter View Post
    That doesn't prove what you and Olaf have been saying in any way.

    Nobody has been saying that vaccines are 100% effective. They dramatically reduce your chance of infection and of being hospitalised or dying if you're infected. Because they reduce your chance of being infected, they reduce your chance of carrying the virus and infecting others.

    If the argument you're making is that, because a vaccine isn't 100% effective it is therefore dangerous your grasp of deductive logic is deeply flawed.
    The Argument i (and Olaf) are making, is that the vaccine is SOLD as making you immune to the virus, and that the nay-sayers are dangerous to society.
    That's what we are arguing about, and that the broader society swallows the B***S*** hook, line and sinker.

    In Germany, Football-season has started, and government has allowed spectators again (recovered and vacced). Anyone want to take any bets how many of them are going to be Covid-positive, having even spread it AGAIN?
    The Nay-sayers know they won't be allowed to enter those venues, and the nay-sayers STILL adhere to the social distancing rules.
    So, where's the higher probability to catch/spread Covid? With the nay-sayers, or the Idiots thinking they are immune?
    One System to rule them all, One Code to find them,
    One IDE to bring them all, and to the Framework bind them,
    in the Land of Redmond, where the Windows lie
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    People call me crazy because i'm jumping out of perfectly fine airplanes.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Code is like a joke: If you have to explain it, it's bad

  21. #181
    Super Moderator FunkyDexter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth
    Posts
    7,730

    Re: Democracy

    is that the vaccine is SOLD as making you immune to the virus
    No it isn't. Every vaccine has had a quoted efficacy rate and has had from the start. You just chose to ignore that because it was inconvenient to your argument.

    and that the nay-sayers are dangerous to society
    That's because they are dangerous to society.

    In Germany, Football-season has started, and government has allowed spectators again (recovered and vacced). Anyone want to take any bets how many of them are going to be Covid-positive, having even spread it AGAIN?...
    This is not an argument against vaccines. It's an argument for social distancing measures. Don't conflate the two.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

    Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

  22. #182
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    36,735

    Re: Democracy

    Yeah, what he said.

    I think there was a hope early on that it would make you immune. There was certainly a hope that, if enough people got vaccinated, the virus would fade away because it wouldn't be able to find enough unvaccinated and breakthrough opportunities for it to keep spreading, but it was never said to be 100% effective. If it is 90% effective, then 1 in 10 who encountered the virus could still become infected, so long as they encountered the virus in a fashion where they would have gotten sick without the vaccine. It also greatly reduced severity.

    One of my bosses also recently contracted COVID, despite being fully vaccinated. However, he had a couple severe risk factors. It seems like those with a higher risk profile are more likely to get breakthrough cases, though I don't know if that's true or not. In any case, he appears to have fully recovered, which I'm not sure he would have without the vaccine.

    What I'm really curious about is why this series of posts is in THIS thread. Don't we have a perfectly good thread on the virus already?
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  23. #183
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Democracy

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post

    What I'm really curious about is why this series of posts is in THIS thread. Don't we have a perfectly good thread on the virus already?
    Because you got into politics on the other thread, I was yawning and yawning for days, accidentally reading those posts. I suppose these posts here have to go to the other thread and the politics posts from there, here, now if only he had an admin here to do the switch...Hmmm...
    Last edited by sapator; Oct 26th, 2021 at 11:42 AM. Reason: A mod told an admin one me. Damn.
    .

  24. #184
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    4,796

    Re: Democracy

    One of my bosses also recently contracted COVID, despite being fully vaccinated. However, he had a couple severe risk factors. It seems like those with a higher risk profile are more likely to get breakthrough cases, though I don't know if that's true or not. In any case, he appears to have fully recovered, which I'm not sure he would have without the vaccine.
    I think the same way. I good friend of mine has a sister that had a breakthrough case. But she was @ 76yrs and was fighting Leukemia. Her immune system was extremely weak. She almost died, I think she would have without the vaccine. The vaccine isn't a 100% cure but any help could make the difference between life and death for some. I don't understand these people that hear about a vaccinated person that gets the virus and their response is, Look look look, I told you the vaccine doesn't work. But then again, there is a lot of things people do that I don't understand. There's lots of things I do that I don't understand. lol

  25. #185
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,956

    Re: Democracy

    People who are younger and in better general health might well contract COVID and barely even realize it, since it may not hit them harder than a cold or mild flu. That probably means they pose less of a threat to others as well, since they probably aren't shedding as much of the virus into the breathing space of others.

    So sure, in such cases vaccination probably doesn't aid them much themselves. But if it helps their bodies fight it off harder and more rapidly there has to be some value in that.

  26. #186
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    36,735

    Re: Democracy

    I'm not sure about them not shedding the same amount. I think that falls neatly into the area that we don't know enough.

    I've gotten the impression that when this virus kills, it's mostly the bodies own response to the virus that is actually fatal. For those with a mild case, that could simply mean that their body dispenses with the virus without a lethal overreaction. If that's the case, they could very easily be just as contagious, just without any symptoms. That seems to fit the pattern better, too, as some super spreader events seem to have happened with just young people.

    That's another point we don't well understand. It certainly appears that some people shed loads of the virus while others shed little, or that some are more effective at spreading the virus than others.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  27. #187
    Fanatic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    588

    Re: Democracy

    Italy begins enforcing one of the world’s strictest workplace vaccine mandates, risking blowback

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...338_story.html

    Italy Puts in Force Tough New Law Requiring Workers to Test or Vaccinate

    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/15/w...law-covid.html

    On this channel you can see the live broadcasts of the protest born by the port of Trieste (Italy) workers against the green pass.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/LocalTeam/videos



    Since Italy is used as a social laboratory, where they are experimenting the reaction of the population to these absurd rules...
    Watch out, be warned, that if this passes smoothly in Italy, they will try to extend this to other western states.

    It is not true that the Green Pass is a tool to encourage vaccines, but, on the contrary, the massive vaccination campaign has been the tool for the creation of the Green Pass.
    This is just the first step, the appetizer of what will be further restrictions and limitations of individual freedoms that they want to impose in these years.
    It is only the first step towards the digital identity, through which they will limit the liberties of the population as happens in China with the use of "social credit".



    Austria begin to follow this S**t
    Austria introduces lockdown plans for unvaccinated
    https://www.euractiv.com/section/pol...-unvaccinated/

  28. #188
    Fanatic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    588

    Re: Democracy

    20 oct 2021


    With regard to the Digital Agenda, the council intends to define the roadmap for the 2030 goals, including the indication of deadlines and a monitoring system.
    The European 2030 targets cover four priority areas:
    1) Efficient and sustainable secure digital infrastructure.
    2) Digital transformation of enterprises.
    3) Digitization of public services.
    4) Digital skills training.
    Italy has made these objectives its own and has brought forward the achievement of them to 2026 also thanks to the resources of the national recovery and resilience plan.
    At the same time, we need to improve cooperation among EU member states in the digital sphere.
    We want to find shared solutions on four fronts:
    1) Cybersecurity.
    2) Competition.
    3) Digital services.
    4) Artificial Intelligence.
    Our belief is that what is illegal offline must also be illegal online.
    The National Strategy on Artificial Intelligence adopted by the Inter-Ministerial Committee on Digital Transition provides the framework for improving the country's competitive positioning.
    A decisive challenge for Europe is to achieve technological autonomy in semiconductor and quantum technologies.
    The european union must bring together the research, design, testing, and manufacturing capacity of all european countries to create, for example, a state-of-the-art european microchip ecosystem.
    We strongly support the proposal of the EU commission to adopt a "European chips act" to coordinate European investments and production of microchips and integrated circuits.

  29. #189
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    36,735

    Re: Democracy

    Looks pretty rational. Digital security is a worthy goal in theory, though one has to see what it means in practice to be certain. After all, there is a way to provide absolute digital security: Shut them all off. But that isn't ideal.

    I'm interested in the variety of digital services in my backwater of the US. My city is totally automated, and while a few parts feel slightly clunky, it mostly works quite well, which is something I really appreciate. I tend to disappear for long periods of time, so I automated all bills as quickly as I could, and for the city and most businesses that went well....and then there's the county. The county that this city is a part of. The county that doesn't have a means to automate payments, and will charge you a pretty good fee for the convenience of not paying in person. Now, some of their fees do make sense. If you pay by credit card, that costs them something, so if they charge me the fee that they are charged, I understand that, but they charge me a pretty good amount, and charge me a fee if I pay by any other means aside from getting in my car, driving to the office, and showing up in person. At that time, payment types that have fees associated with them no longer have fees.

    Frankly, I find that amusing. The fees are pocket change compared to the charges, but it's such a bold faced way to do things, and such a contrast to the efficient city system, that it's kind of amusing.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  30. #190
    Fanatic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    588

    Re: Democracy

    I try to say it in words that are not mine and I propose an excerpt of this video about green pass and great reset.
    Being spoken / colloquial, the speech is often not very linear but I hope it is interesting.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyEw0NMyE0c&t=2407s

    Here is the translation:

    40:07
    In my opinion, look, I think the drawing is clear, in the sense that there has been a project of the united nations for some time now to catalog, classify and file all the people in order to have all the fundamental data available within the brand new database ... possibly with a microchip inserted so that it will no longer be necessary to carry around the card but it is in our body.
    But this is an urgent prelude, from the point of view of some, to the transition to a new digital currency: the digital euro and the digital dollar.
    Also because we see that this economic situation, which is getting out of the hands of the famous experts, is leading to a risk of hyperinflation that could put the entire system in crisis.
    Let's face it; the moment people begin to struggle to shop (I believe and fear that it will happen) and they begin to struggle to find basic necessities they will begin to see that their salary is no longer enough to make it to the end of the month , and therefore will begin to have to significantly reduce the standard of living ... it is clear that a situation of this kind, from a social point of view, tends to become explosive, tends to become difficult to manage.
    So, the only way they can avoid this is to get people used to the fact that if you want to keep your job you have to give up a number of freedoms, and the green pass is only the first step.
    It is only the appetizer, because the idea, as we have already seen, of the concept of a great reset is to have a social credit system where the currency will be a centralized currency so there will be no more banknotes in circulation. But it will be a totally digital system managed directly by the central bank, therefore not even by the individual banks that today provide us with access to current and loan accounts.
    But it will all come from the centralized system and this coin will be paid out to the deserving, so if you don't behave well (zac) we take away your reserve we take away the funds you have available, and everything you do is controlled.
    Among other things, the idea (and let's go back to the big reset again) is that people move en masse inside buildings they no longer own but have in
    rent from the state. Buildings that are electronically controlled, so that if you don't behave well, we cut your heating we cut this and that. This happens from a centralized point of view, so without sending anyone.
    And then, in fact, that we eliminate the use of individual cars and move to mainly electric rented cars. Always with the same criterion.
    So the idea is to file people.
    The green pass is the beginning of the global filing. This is part of the project, it is a declared goal and not a secret, just go and see the documents of the world economic forum or the united nations.
    They have already been working on it for a long time and with the big reset they want to make it happen. Also because they don't have much time anymore.
    The time available is limited. We already see it under this increasing pressure of economic instability, of reduction of daily freedoms.
    Because, you know, as long as I tell you to give up the theoretical freedom, which you may not be able to appreciate as a value right now, people, after all, pretend nothing has happened. But when I start telling you that you can't go to school, you can't do this, you can't do that, you can't go to work, people notice it, they notice it all right!
    And don't believe (I have already said this for some time) that whoever is today ... ... again; I am not criticizing the vaccine as such. Because the vaccine is a personal matter, if one wants to do it he must have the possibility to do it, if he does not want to do it he must have the freedom not to do it ... But we already know that two doses are not enough; they are already preparing for the third, fourth, fifth and so on ...
    So the green pass will be like the driving license, it will have to be renewed. So regularly you will have to show up for the coupon and have the vignette, and this is a control system that is exactly the system that exists in China today.
    The Chinese developed system has been fully embraced by the financial elites who would like to implement the great reset today. It is not a mystery, it is exactly that.
    So who resists today ...
    (and the Americans have understood it .. more than half of the Americans have understood it and more and more are the ones who understand it)
    It is not a question of giving in on this point, it is the question that if you give in on this point there will be the next other point and there will be no end.
    It will be a descent that will be faster and faster, less and less stoppable and more and more critical.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width