Thread: create database

create database

Hello!

hopefully I am posting this in the correct spot!

I am using visual studio 2019 and making my projects using windows forms.

So I am trying to learn as much as I can and play around with what I have learned. My issue this... the tutorial I am trying to follow shows how to create and link a database. However, when I right click on the project and select new database it gives me an error message. Has anyone encountered this or know how to go about making it work? I have tried checking the installer guide and I have have made sure I have the data storage and processing installed.

I have attached a screenshot of the error message

Name:  error.png
Views: 218
Size:  8.8 KB

Re: create database

A stripped-down version of SQL Server Express called LocalDB is installed with VS and that is the SQL Server instance used with local data files in your projects. That error message seems to suggest that that hasn't been installed properly. Of course, the error message does tell you to see the Windows Application event log for more details and there's no indication that you have done that. There may or may not be additional information there that is of use. Regardless, it might be worth opening the VS installer and performing a repair, which should hopefully fix any issues with file corruption or incorrect configuration.