Thread: Went to buy a handgun

Went to buy a handgun

I had a handgun stolen out of my car and I went to a couple of gun stores to replace it with the same model. At both stores I went to, and they were large distributers, they had a very limited selection of handguns. I asked about it and in both cases they said over that last two years or more, coinciding with the George Floyd murder and the covid-19 pandemic, that people were buying everything they could get their hands on.

I was chatting at the second store, where I made a purchase, and there was a conversation about how a flood of people over the last two years were buying guns without a clue about what they wanted/needed and it was nice to see someone like me, that knew what they are doing, buying guns.

I have the necessary training, military experience, and a concealed carry permit to at least know what I want. The point of my post the in the U.S., for whatever reason(s), so many massive amounts of guns have been sold in the U.S. over the last two years; that there is a supply shortage.

WOW...that is a lot of weaponry in the hands of novices...

Ammunition is scarce and high priced too.
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

Re: Went to buy a handgun

A certain amount of the funding for my agency comes from a tax on guns and ammunition (Pitman-Roberts legislation). Things have been going awfully well for the last several years. What that means is that when people feel awful, we do well.

It's perverse.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Approx 20 years ago I was in a large concealed carry permit class... About a third of the class couldn't pass the shooting part. I think they needed to shoot about 425 points out a possibility of 500. SCARY.

On a related note, I was the second best in the class.... Luckily, the trainer only reports PASSED to the State. In theory, if you're ever in front of a jury, you won't be asked why you didn't attempt to wound the person since you're so good... LOL

I took my WWI 7.6254mm Cannon to a gun show a few weeks ago... I paid $75 bucks for it 15 years ago... Sold it for $200 to a dealer. Probably should have kept it. LOL

Frenzied Member

Quote Originally Posted by TysonLPrice View Post
    I had a handgun stolen out of my car and I went to a couple of gun stores to replace it with the same model. At both stores I went to, and they were large distributers, they had a very limited selection of handguns. I asked about it and in both cases they said over that last two years or more, coinciding with the George Floyd murder and the covid-19 pandemic, that people were buying everything they could get their hands on.

I was chatting at the second store, where I made a purchase, and there was a conversation about how a flood of people over the last two years were buying guns without a clue about what they wanted/needed and it was nice to see someone like me, that knew what they are doing, buying guns.

I have the necessary training, military experience, and a concealed carry permit to at least know what I want. The point of my post the in the U.S., for whatever reason(s), so many massive amounts of guns have been sold in the U.S. over the last two years; that there is a supply shortage.

WOW...that is a lot of weaponry in the hands of novices...

Ammunition is scarce and high priced too.
    There is a village near Afuhan that can produce a large number of imitation pistols, of course it is not as good as the original ones.