Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 76 of 76

Thread: Forcibly sell values to others or other countries

  1. #41

    Thread Starter
    Hyperactive Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    447

    Re: Forcibly sell values to others or other countries

    On the China thing, I actually think China is much more democratic at a local level than we in the West give it credit for.
    I'm shocked that you discovered the secret of China.

    Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDexter View Post
    Yes... or at least there are people who find autocracy preferable. Autocracy has many benefits if you happen to be on the right side of it. It brings stability and security. Of Course, if you're on the wrong side of it, it brings persecution.

    I think there are a few mistakes people often make in these discussion. First, Democracy does not equate to Freedom, it simply gives the individual a say on which restrictions should be applied to their and everyone else's freedom.

    Second, unfettered freedom isn't actually a desirable state because it includes my freedom to punch you on the nose and steal your wallet if I'm bigger than you. A desirable level of freedom for you requires certain restrictions for me.

    Third, it's not democracy that's required for public good, it's having a system of government that is focussed on the interests of society rather than the governors. In brief, a benign dictatorship is much better for it's citizens than a corrupt democracy. Democracy tends to produce better results in this regard because regular elections keep the government honest whereas a dictatorship has no such safeguards short of violent uprising. It's a mistake to think that democracy will always produce better results though.

    History is littered with good dictatorships outdoing bad democracies, e.g. the British Restoration. In fact I've lived through the Nigerian Military coup in the 1980s which replaced a thoroughly corrupt and tribal democracy with a benign military dictatorship. In the short term peoples lives definitely got better. I say short term because successive military coups installed ever more corrupt dictatorships because, as indicated above, no safeguards. Thankfully Nigeria managed to wind it's way back to a democratic system and, while imperfect, this one is a whole lot better than the one that existed in the 80s - the country seems to be in a reasonably good state these days. Also, they had president called "Goodluck Jonathan" which is the best name of any president... ever! So they must be doing alright.

    On the China thing, I actually think China is much more democratic at a local level than we in the West give it credit for. My Chinese friends (I don't have many, but a few) have often said to me that they have a lot of say over local projects, spending etc, through local councils (or their equivalent). I do agree that it's thoroughly autocratic at a national level though. Whether you view that as good or bad for the people depends on whether you view that government as benign, not on whether you view it as democratic.
    You know, I told a few jokes about China. Do you want to hear me tell another joke about China?

  2. #42
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    1,621

    Re: Forcibly sell values to others or other countries

    As long as you have enough troops and weapons, you can build a country by yourself, you can marry 10 wives for each person, or you can re-enforce slavery, defeat your opponent, and let the other party work for yourself without any wages. You can sell the slave to someone else for $1,000. If you are not obedient, you can cut off 2 hands or 2 feet.
    Of course you can also eat their meat.
    Hegemony is like this. If you can get $5,000 a month for a job, and he only gives you $500, or $50, what would you think?
    If the rich bought all the houses, they would generate 20-30% interest or income every year.
    Ordinary people want to rent, and it takes 50 years of salary to buy a house of 100 square meters. What do you think?
    The strong are those who can exploit or kill millions and tens of millions of opponents at will, just like Japan is defeated, and there is no need to lose a penny, making millions of billions of profits from it.

  3. #43
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    1,621

    Re: Forcibly sell values to others or other countries

    Quote Originally Posted by yereverluvinuncleber View Post
    What we are seeing is the retreat to their shores that we periodically see when the US temporarily loses its MOJO. Always occurs after an overseas policy defeat and takes 20 years to forget.

    The US has always been bad at colonialism. It is however very good at making other countries buy into its ethos and the consumerism it represents. It does this partly with cash directed to the right people but it also makes a lot of useful weaponry which it was always happy to export. That soon gets you on-side.

    The trouble is the Chinese have learnt that lesson too.

    These days, the major decline in US influence is that the world is not so interested in what the US has to offer. We don't see many US brands on the shelves, we don't buy much that is obviously from the USA, even Americans seem to buy most of their stuff from China. We have some shared brands of course but those items are really now multinational brands with their home nowhere in particular. Heinz being the obvious example, but beans? It needs to be more than that. I can't remember last when I bought something from America, OK...an iphone but that's it. Feel free to remind me otherwise.

    The US message is still put out through films and telly, also the terrible news channels but US films/media are less of a desirable commodity these days, things seen too often soon lose their cachet. However, the American message rather than the American dream can still be exported in this fashion. This is a weapon in America's favour. Thank goodness for the English language and the remnants of the British Empire, your influence will still extend to the far corners of the world. Another under valued weapon in America's favour.

    China is the worry for the US and primarily because the US needs China just to survive even though China is a phenomenal competitor. The US cannot compete in the short term as everything from China
    is just cheaper. Once upon a time you could travel around the world and find almost every manufactured good was made in England as it was the workshop of the world, then later, America but now? Everything is from China. Look around your house and see.

    Until you resolve that, the USA will decline. Stop buying stuff from China. You say you can't? Well, that is the problem.

    Democracy is slowly failing and consumerism and clever political control will take over, it is inevitable. We've seen it in China and they will export their model to other countries.

    Oh yes, no war please with China just because they are becoming the biggest threat. We like, no we prefer our planet to be not nuked.
    If the toilet paper, nails, and pencils seen in supermarkets in every country are all provided by the United States, does it make sense?
    On the contrary, for color TVs, computers, CPUs, airplanes, ships, machinery, weapons, 5G base stations, rockets and other high-tech products, what would you think if the US earned double the interest on everything? Does he still need to sell paper and mineral water to other countries?
    If you cannot find a job on your own, you must find an intermediary just like renting a house.
    If your monthly salary is 5,000 US dollars, it turns out to be only 2,000, and the other 3,000 is the introduction fee to the intermediary company. Are you still happy?
    If the production cost of the vaccine is $10, but you have to pay the US $50 in patent fees, and eventually your vaccine must sell for $100 to make a profit, will you still laugh at this time?

  4. #44
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    1,621

    Re: Forcibly sell values to others or other countries

    Doesn't Russia have the most nuclear weapons? How can it not be China's turn?
    China has to spend money to buy software, chips and other technologies in the United States. Apple’s mobile phone costs 1,500 yuan, and when sold in China, it becomes 8,500. A 300-yuan display, which costs more than 2,000 yuan for a change. The 4300 mAh battery only costs 15 US dollars to replace the mobile phone made in China, but the 1700 mAh iPhone battery replacement costs 100 US dollars.

    India often spends a lot of money to buy Russian weapons, aircraft carrier technology missiles and so on. So the United States and Russia need buyers like China and India.
    If the global stock market is not bought by ordinary people, and there are 3000 listed companies in a country, there are only 30,000 companies buying, how do they make money? Now China's stockholders have reached about 300 million.
    It is that a lot of people need to lose money in order to achieve returns of several to several hundred times that listed companies and some fund companies and investment companies can earn.

  5. #45

    Thread Starter
    Hyperactive Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    447

    Re: Forcibly sell values to others or other countries

    Quote Originally Posted by xiaoyao View Post
    As long as you have enough troops and weapons, you can build a country by yourself, you can marry 10 wives for each person, or you can re-enforce slavery, defeat your opponent, and let the other party work for yourself without any wages. You can sell the slave to someone else for $1,000. If you are not obedient, you can cut off 2 hands or 2 feet.
    Of course you can also eat their meat.
    Hegemony is like this. If you can get $5,000 a month for a job, and he only gives you $500, or $50, what would you think?
    If the rich bought all the houses, they would generate 20-30% interest or income every year.
    Ordinary people want to rent, and it takes 50 years of salary to buy a house of 100 square meters. What do you think?
    The strong are those who can exploit or kill millions and tens of millions of opponents at will, just like Japan is defeated, and there is no need to lose a penny, making millions of billions of profits from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by xiaoyao View Post
    If the toilet paper, nails, and pencils seen in supermarkets in every country are all provided by the United States, does it make sense?
    ...
    Quote Originally Posted by xiaoyao View Post
    Doesn't Russia have the most nuclear weapons? How can it not be China's turn?
    ...
    Hi xiaoyao, maybe you mistakenly regarded this thread as another thread "To Afghan or to not Afghan"

  6. #46
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    1,621

    Re: Forcibly sell values to others or other countries

    The highest income of Chinese star actors is 10 million yuan (1.3 million US dollars) or more per day, and many people earn 2 million to 3 million yuan a day.
    The lowest-level extras, who play pedestrians or soldiers on the road, earn only $10 a day.
    How much is your income, is there democracy in this? Some celebrities’ income is not real. To make a movie and give a major actor US$10-15 million may actually get only 50% (it is very likely that the two parties have reached a money laundering agreement)
    On the surface, the higher your personal income, you have to pay 40% of the personal income tax. In fact, many companies use various methods to evade and evade taxes. Instead, they almost don’t have to pay taxes. Instead, workers at the lowest level between US$1,000 and US$3,000 have to pay. The tax is the most.

  7. #47
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    1,621

    Re: Forcibly sell values to others or other countries

    For example, at the initial stage of the new crown epidemic, all Chinese people are required to lock down at home and not be allowed to go out for 1-2 months.
    Recently, a new policy has been issued to prohibit the children of celebrities from participating in TV variety shows to make money.
    In fact, it is to take a picture of the life with the star children, and you have to pay 200,000 to 1 million US dollars a day. Is this really the value they create?
    Many celebrities can earn 1 to 3 million U.S. dollars a day in filming video shows, but when there is a flood and earthquake in the country, they don't donate or only donate 10,000 U.S. dollars.
    Sometimes the celebrity becomes a licentious society, a scum playing with society. I feel that it is necessary to force them to donate at least a few days of income at a time.
    In the past 30-50 years, two celebrities have been punished with huge sums of money for tax evasion and tax evasion 3-5 times.
    The other stars just scare, true democracy:
    It is necessary to actively pay 3-5 times the fine. If the fine is not paid, 10-20 times the fine will be paid at that time. This is reasonable.

  8. #48
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    1,621

    Re: Forcibly sell values to others or other countries

    Quote Originally Posted by SearchingDataOnly View Post
    No, it's China. Because the U.S. government now says that China is an authoritarian state, even a dictatorship, and a much more terrifying opponent than the Soviet Union.

    In fact, China is not an authoritarian country, but a democratic centralized country.

    I have told a few jokes about China in other threads, such as: China is the freest and most open country in the world. In 2019, 190 million people in China went abroad to travel, study and work.

    Now, let me tell another joke about China: China is the most efficient and tolerant democratic socialist country in the world.
    Suppose the 9/11 incident was a violent bombing caused by the United States' own missile launches.
    It is said that the Americans in the Pearl Harbor incident had long deciphered the Japanese attack intelligence. They had already withdrawn most of the aircraft carriers and fighter jets, and then deliberately let the Japanese attack. The loss was small, but it aroused the enthusiasm of the American people to participate in the war. .

    This is also true for China. The United States originally banned China from boarding the International Space Station, so we will develop the space station independently, which may cost 10 times higher.
    China's 5G communication technology is world-class, and the United States has felt the rapid development of China's technology, so he asked all allies or ordinary companies in the world to unanimously resist China's Huawei.

    In fact, there are some things that cannot be done with such shameless behavior. This is the reason why many parts of the United States have lost. In fact, there are many ways to solve it.
    After being suppressed by the United States, China invested more money to develop chips, electric vehicle technology, and mobile phone operating system research and development.

    Now Huawei’s mobile phone operating system can almost 100% replace Google’s Android system, becoming the world’s third most powerful mobile phone OS.

    Because China is strong enough, many things can be self-sufficient, if it is suppressed too hard, it will stimulate the country to work together to develop technology against the United States.
    Atomic bombs, hydrogen bombs, the same as resisting U.S. aggression and aid to North Korea.


    Britain’s Brexit is like China leaving the International Space Station, launching its own satellites, and doing its own manned space business. But to do this kind of thing, more than 80% of the countries will fail. Otherwise, another 5 and 10 countries will try to leave the European Union. Of course, if the management is not good, the EU will be disintegrated one day like the Soviet Union.

    In the current world, whether it is military or economic, they all cooperate with each other to survive. It is too difficult to be independent.
    Last edited by xiaoyao; Sep 2nd, 2021 at 11:38 PM.

  9. #49
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    1,621

    Re: Forcibly sell values to others or other countries

    After Brexit, the pound exchange rate plummeted, hitting a new low in nearly 30 years.
    Is Brexit a victory? Are you ready to join the US allies?

    When Britain and the United States sign a free trade agreement, Britain will become an economic captive of the United States, economically controlled by the United States, and economically colonized by the United States. Britain will become a possession of the United States and become a slave to the United States, just like the United Kingdom back then. Like colonizing the United States, it is squeezed and plundered by the United States everywhere!

    In 1992, Britain withdrew from the European Exchange Rate System (ERM) and was knocked down by a company (Soros).
    A British television reporter declared: "The government's obligation to the exchange rate mechanism should guarantee the safety of the Bank of England, but it did not realize this. The loss is huge because the bank has exhausted its foreign exchange reserves to maintain the exchange rate of the pound. The government I won’t say how much we lost, but the loss may be as high as several billion pounds. This fall, protecting the pound will spend far more money than we spent on the Gulf War.”

    Year UK GDP annual growth rate
    2020 -9.79%
    2019 1.37%
    2018 1.25%
    2017 1.74%
    Last edited by xiaoyao; Sep 3rd, 2021 at 12:12 AM.

  10. #50
    PowerPoster wqweto's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,293

    Re: Forcibly sell values to others or other countries

    Is this thread some kind of chineese ideological officers parade in these forums?

    It is simultaneously hilarious and sad sad sad.

    How many posts per day do you have to toil on the uncensored internet for your salary a.k.a. “daily cup of rice”?

    Do you have a choice to stop it already or you have to constantly bargain it for some outside access and report report report on us a.k.a. “the enemy”?

  11. #51

    Thread Starter
    Hyperactive Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    447

    Re: Forcibly sell values to others or other countries

    Quote Originally Posted by xiaoyao View Post
    Suppose the 9/11 incident was a violent bombing caused by the United States' own missile launches.
    It is said that the Americans in the Pearl Harbor incident had long deciphered the Japanese attack intelligence. They had already withdrawn most of the aircraft carriers and fighter jets, and then deliberately let the Japanese attack. The loss was small, but it aroused the enthusiasm of the American people to participate in the war. .

    This is also true for China. The United States originally banned China from boarding the International Space Station, so we will develop the space station independently, which may cost 10 times higher.
    China's 5G communication technology is world-class, and the United States has felt the rapid development of China's technology, so he asked all allies or ordinary companies in the world to unanimously resist China's Huawei.

    In fact, there are some things that cannot be done with such shameless behavior. This is the reason why many parts of the United States have lost. In fact, there are many ways to solve it.
    After being suppressed by the United States, China invested more money to develop chips, electric vehicle technology, and mobile phone operating system research and development.

    Now Huawei’s mobile phone operating system can almost 100% replace Google’s Android system, becoming the world’s third most powerful mobile phone OS.

    Because China is strong enough, many things can be self-sufficient, if it is suppressed too hard, it will stimulate the country to work together to develop technology against the United States.
    Atomic bombs, hydrogen bombs, the same as resisting U.S. aggression and aid to North Korea.


    Britain’s Brexit is like China leaving the International Space Station, launching its own satellites, and doing its own manned space business. But to do this kind of thing, more than 80% of the countries will fail. Otherwise, another 5 and 10 countries will try to leave the European Union. Of course, if the management is not good, the EU will be disintegrated one day like the Soviet Union.

    In the current world, whether it is military or economic, they all cooperate with each other to survive. It is too difficult to be independent.
    Why do you keep talking nonsense on this forum?

  12. #52

    Thread Starter
    Hyperactive Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    447

    Re: Forcibly sell values to others or other countries

    Quote Originally Posted by wqweto View Post
    Is this thread some kind of chineese ideological officers parade in these forums?

    It is simultaneously hilarious and sad sad sad.

    How many posts per day do you have to toil on the uncensored internet for your salary a.k.a. “daily cup of rice”?

    Do you have a choice to stop it already or you have to constantly bargain it for some outside access and report report report on us a.k.a. “the enemy”?
    I once said that Xiaoyao is the worst salesman I have ever seen.
    Under his promotion, VFB has become the most annoying product for people here.
    Now, he has started to promote MINIBLINK.

    While promoting the products, he also spared no effort to promote China, his only purpose is to make everyone hate China.

    I suspect that he is an undercover agent deliberately used by anti-China organizations to disgust China. Of course, it can not be ruled out that he really got some rewards by posting a lot of spam posts.
    Last edited by SearchingDataOnly; Sep 3rd, 2021 at 02:45 AM.

  13. #53
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Norfolk UK (inbred)
    Posts
    1,127

    Re: Forcibly sell values to others or other countries

    I think that this forum is much worse off for xiaoyiao's presence.

    He doesn't understand web etiquette and a lot of what he posts is verbal garbage.
    By the power invested in me, all the threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones - no arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign.

  14. #54
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Norfolk UK (inbred)
    Posts
    1,127

    Re: Forcibly sell values to others or other countries

    Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    The Cutting Room Files, Part 5: The Future of the United Kingdom

    In short, that's enough from you over there in the corner at the Kids' Table.
    The reference a bit childish in all ways, I expect more from you Dil, but perhaps not.

    It isn't a battle over how fecked we are. The negative stuff I mentioned about the US, I am really not happy about it. I don't like how the US has degraded itself and its place in the world. It is uncomfortable for everyone at the very least.

    re: the UK - The UK is a vibrant democracy and what the people want is what the people get, eventually. Vibrant political discussion is a mark of a good democracy and if that undermines what Britain was, then that is the way of it. We have to make of it what we can. Britain's day/century has come and gone, the result is that England is left with 50 million people with an advanced economy and an international legacy. It'll adapt and survive, it has no choice and in truth that's not a bad start position.
    By the power invested in me, all the threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones - no arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign.

  15. #55
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    1,621

    Re: Forcibly sell values to others or other countries

    Has anyone used VFB? It is free in itself and does not charge any penny fees.
    Just to express a meaning, someone has made an IDE similar to vb6.
    In fact, few people use him in China, but he is a choice.
    It is mainly used to develop some simple standard DLLs or multithreading. This is a simple tool when some people don't want to learn VC++.
    Miniblink is just an example, but it has a paid version, and I will not spend money to buy it. The free version is enough, mainly because it has a newer version. The same principle applies to CEF, many of which are open source, but many free tools have many bugs, such as the CEF version is too old.
    SHARPDEVELOP is enough to develop a simple .net project, but there are also many bugs, errors in compilation, and inability to reference VB and other and some COM objects.

    Whether it is the United States forcibly deploying anti-missile systems or missile bases in South Korea or other countries, or stationing troops all the year round, this is not a good thing.
    What is sales promotion, if it is based on letting others buy products for a fee, it can be said to be advertising or sales promotion. In fact, every penny earned by mb will not give me a penny. In fact, I like free products the most. I will not spend money on it myself, nor will I ask you to spend money on it.
    In addition to B4a, an Android development tool that was originally purchased for $100, it is now free.
    These twinbasic products are charged, and they are not easy to use, so I will not buy them.

    webkit(3-10mb),MINIBLINk ONLY 20MB,CEF MAYBE 50-100mb,EDGE NEED 450MB,These are all free, just to enhance the functions of VB6, just like the VB6 2020 version that some people say. If it is only used for simple html5 UI, the webkit core of 10mb is also good enough. If you want to use it for web page filling in forms and other operations, mb can be used in most cases. But on Tmall shopping sites like Amazon, many pages cannot be displayed.

    When there is no alternative, technologies such as webdriver or edge are used.

    They are all based on purely technical communication, which controls or DLLs are more appropriate.
    For example, RC6.DLL has many functions, but sometimes you only want to use a JSON parsing function, then just write a BAS module directly, instead of attaching a 5mb DLL.
    Last edited by xiaoyao; Sep 3rd, 2021 at 07:57 AM.

  16. #56
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    1,621

    Re: Forcibly sell values to others or other countries

    In the past, many small countries south of China were colonies such as Britain and France. Vietnam and China are linked together. The Vietnam War was a major local war during the Cold War between the United States and the Soviet Union. This war severely damaged the American economy and undermined the social and political unity.
    As many as 650,000 American soldiers participated in the war, while the death toll reached 58,202 and the injured reached 300,000.
    If the United States only recommends Afghanistan not to grow opium, it is recommended that they collect weapons from ordinary people. This will not be a crime.
    But they provided a lot of weapons for free, and they sent troops to participate in the war. We said it would be useless, because the aggression never stops.

  17. #57
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    1,621

    Re: Forcibly sell values to others or other countries

    Quote Originally Posted by SearchingDataOnly View Post
    IMO, when you sell your products or values to others or other countries, one or more successful cases will be extremely convincing.

    The problem is that the United States has basically not established any successful cases. On the contrary, almost all cases have failed, such as: Afghanistan, Iraq, Liberia, Libya, Syria, Ukraine and so on. Especially the recent withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan is a typical failure case. So, in the future, how can the US government persuade other allies to promote their values with her?
    The United States has won over Japan and its control over North Korea has also won halfway. South Korea is now more developed than Japan. The war against Vietnam almost succeeded.
    Invading other countries may sometimes be for energy or the establishment of military bases and other needs.

    It has never been to help every poor country get rich. If this is the case, then we should go to Africa to help them dig many canals, reservoirs, and build industrial bases.
    The United States requires Foxconn to open factories in the United States to realize the business of manufacturing mobile phones or motherboard chips and solve work problems.
    But the United States will not take the initiative to send many engineers to India. Africa will build a large number of factories, build railways, and roads to buy a lot of their agricultural products.

  18. #58
    PowerPoster Arnoutdv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,699

    Re: Forcibly sell values to others or other countries

    Can you please stop?
    It's just bullshit even if this is the ChitChat forum

  19. #59
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Norfolk UK (inbred)
    Posts
    1,127

    Re: Forcibly sell values to others or other countries

    I am convinced xiaoyiao is China's first attempt at a semi-sentient bot. Certainly only semi-sensible.

    Now complete with product placement!
    By the power invested in me, all the threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones - no arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign.

  20. #60

    Thread Starter
    Hyperactive Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    447

    Re: Forcibly sell values to others or other countries

    Some people say that the Chinese government has blocked foreign Internet social media not to protect Chinese people, but to protect foreigners. If 1 million xiaoyao appeared on Twitter and Facebook, what would it be like?

    In fact, in China, I rarely see people like xiaoyao, they seem to only appear in some very hidden corners of the Internet.

    Good Night.

  21. #61
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    1,621

    Re: Forcibly sell values to others or other countries

    Do you want to wear a mask when the new epidemic comes? Almost three years and still arguing.

    Sometimes simple things can be explained in a single sentence, but people can always argue for years.

    usa think to intervene in other countries, if you want to help, just like the Gulf War, try to solve it in one to three months, if you can't solve it, give up completely.


    The end result is not to intervene, but to rule for 20 years like Afghanistan.
    The United States also fought the Vietnam War for more than ten years.

    Why fight like crazy for decades in a country that's not your own?

    Who is right and who is wrong is very simple, Ninety percent of people don't get it.

  22. #62
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5,612

    Re: Forcibly sell values to others or other countries

    Quote Originally Posted by wqweto View Post
    Is this thread some kind of chineese ideological officers parade in these forums?

    It is simultaneously hilarious and sad sad sad.

    How many posts per day do you have to toil on the uncensored internet for your salary a.k.a. “daily cup of rice”?
    I suspect the same thing (in case of xiaoyao) - because he's clearly going for "posting count" -
    probably supported by some semi-automatic out of some "tagged-topics Article-storage".

    Typical WuMao-behaviour that...

    As for "the great freedom" in a socialist, "centralized democracy" ...
    I was (like you) experiencing that kind of thing in the "eastern part of germany" (for two decades before the reunion).

    Was it "liveable"? ... Of course it was (the human mind is highly adaptable in strange ways).
    Was I aware of the "StaSi"? ... Of course, ... everyone was (don't say the wrong thing in the wrong group of people).

    @SearchingDataOnly
    Not sure, whether I've posted this challenge already here (or in another forum) -
    but since it was you who mentioned "the popularity of Angela Merkel"...

    That's (IMO) only, because she "never takes risks", "sits everything out" and "never changes anything".
    Her typical stance: "hands downwards, fingertips touching", already became a meme for that:



    Since you brought up "freedom in China"...
    Can you do the same thing - I just did, ... please?

    Just tell us a nice little fun-story about your current leader Xi Jinping (you'll certainly disagree with him about *some* things) -
    and please accompany that with a little caricature of him, here in this very forum, like I just did.

    After that, we could proceed further...
    - me, posting the Angela-caricature on german twitter-sites, multiple times!
    - you, posting the Jinping-caricature on Sina Weibo, multiple times!

    I guess, we both know what would happen (in my case, nothing)...

    Olaf

  23. #63
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,836

    Re: Forcibly sell values to others or other countries

    Getting access to a few web sites beyond the Great Firewall probably requires payment in the form of promulgating propaganda. Getting a web site on that list probably requires incurring a propaganda debt that must be paid off. I would imagine that a programming forum site might be a special case, as a place where intellectual property can be scooped up by the handful. That might be another way to repay the social debt.

    I'm amazed they are allowed here at all. The advertising is probably all blocked, and even if it isn't they can't buy any of the advertised goods and services anyway. Can you say freeloaders?


  24. #64
    Fanatic Member Delaney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    715

    Re: Forcibly sell values to others or other countries

    Quote Originally Posted by SearchingDataOnly View Post
    Some people say that the Chinese government has blocked foreign Internet social media not to protect Chinese people, but to protect foreigners. If 1 million xiaoyao appeared on Twitter and Facebook, what would it be like?
    this deserves a rep ! make me laugh and that the first time from you !
    The best friend of any programmer is a search engine
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenges, wish for more wisdom" (J. Rohn)
    “They did not know it was impossible so they did it” (Mark Twain)

  25. #65
    Fanatic Member Delaney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    715

    Re: Forcibly sell values to others or other countries

    Quote Originally Posted by xiaoyao View Post
    The United States has won over Japan and its control over North Korea has also won halfway. South Korea is now more developed than Japan. The war against Vietnam almost succeeded.
    Invading other countries may sometimes be for energy or the establishment of military bases and other needs.

    It has never been to help every poor country get rich. If this is the case, then we should go to Africa to help them dig many canals, reservoirs, and build industrial bases.
    The United States requires Foxconn to open factories in the United States to realize the business of manufacturing mobile phones or motherboard chips and solve work problems.
    But the United States will not take the initiative to send many engineers to India. Africa will build a large number of factories, build railways, and roads to buy a lot of their agricultural products.
    Frankly, with this kind of imagination, did you ever think about writing science fiction books of Alternate History ? your imagination is just incredible
    The best friend of any programmer is a search engine
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenges, wish for more wisdom" (J. Rohn)
    “They did not know it was impossible so they did it” (Mark Twain)

  26. #66

    Thread Starter
    Hyperactive Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    447

    Re: Forcibly sell values to others or other countries

    Quote Originally Posted by Schmidt View Post
    As for "the great freedom" in a socialist, "centralized democracy" ...
    I was (like you) experiencing that kind of thing in the "eastern part of germany" (for two decades before the reunion).

    Was it "liveable"? ... Of course it was (the human mind is highly adaptable in strange ways).
    Was I aware of the "StaSi"? ... Of course, ... everyone was (don't say the wrong thing in the wrong group of people).
    I want to point out that Chinese socialism is completely different from the socialism of the former Soviet Union (including the former Eastern European countries), just like VB6 and VB.NET are completely different languages, and Java and JavaScript are completely different languages, which has happened since Mao Zedong proposed "seeking truth from facts" in 1943.

    China chooses the appropriate social system according to its own national conditions, which is also a manifestation of China's 5,000 years of wisdom. No Western politician understands what kind of social system China is. When we see the behavior of current American politicians, we are more aware of how important "cultural precipitation" is and how important an "inclusive culture" is.

    If you understand China from the experience of the former Soviet Union and the former Eastern European countries, then you are quite wrong.

    As for your other question, I will reply in a new post.
    Last edited by SearchingDataOnly; Sep 4th, 2021 at 09:31 PM.

  27. #67
    Angel of Code Niya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,497

    Re: Forcibly sell values to others or other countries

    Quote Originally Posted by wqweto View Post
    Is this thread some kind of chineese ideological officers parade in these forums?

    It is simultaneously hilarious and sad sad sad.

    How many posts per day do you have to toil on the uncensored internet for your salary a.k.a. “daily cup of rice”?

    Do you have a choice to stop it already or you have to constantly bargain it for some outside access and report report report on us a.k.a. “the enemy”?
    LMAO LMAO......This post literally had me in tears Wish we could rep in this section of the forums. This post made my night!!

    How did I even miss this glorious thread lmao.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

    Copy/move files using Windows Shell

    C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

    There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

    The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

  28. #68
    Angel of Code Niya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,497

    Re: Forcibly sell values to others or other countries

    Quote Originally Posted by Schmidt View Post
    Just tell us a nice little fun-story about your current leader Xi Jinping (you'll certainly disagree with him about *some* things) -
    and please accompany that with a little caricature of him, here in this very forum, like I just did.
    This is the most clever attempt goading someone into suicide I have ever seen. LOL.....This thread is epic!!
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

    Copy/move files using Windows Shell

    C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

    There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

    The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

  29. #69

    Thread Starter
    Hyperactive Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    447

    Re: Forcibly sell values to others or other countries

    In my opinion, there is a person like xiaoyao who is always releasing and dumping garbage. The only difference is that this person is voluntary labor, and xiaoyao may be receiving compensation ("WuMao").

  30. #70
    Angel of Code Niya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,497

    Re: Forcibly sell values to others or other countries

    Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    I would imagine that a programming forum site might be a special case, as a place where intellectual property can be scooped up by the handful.
    Like Chr(-24147)......yea we don't have to worry about much there lol
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

    Copy/move files using Windows Shell

    C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

    There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

    The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

  31. #71

    Thread Starter
    Hyperactive Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    447

    Re: Forcibly sell values to others or other countries

    Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    Getting access to a few web sites beyond the Great Firewall probably requires payment in the form of promulgating propaganda. Getting a web site on that list probably requires incurring a propaganda debt that must be paid off. I would imagine that a programming forum site might be a special case, as a place where intellectual property can be scooped up by the handful. That might be another way to repay the social debt.

    I'm amazed they are allowed here at all. The advertising is probably all blocked, and even if it isn't they can't buy any of the advertised goods and services anyway. Can you say freeloaders?
    Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    It seems to be entirely or in large part C, looted from open source projects without attribution, and it is a server not a client. Maybe rename it something like cLootServer?
    In this public forum, you not only suspect that the Chinese are stealing 'intellectual property', you also suspect that the Germans are stealing 'intellectual property'. Where is your evidence? What is considered as "no intellectual property theft"? What do you need us to do?
    Last edited by SearchingDataOnly; Sep 4th, 2021 at 08:46 PM.

  32. #72

    Thread Starter
    Hyperactive Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    447

    Re: Forcibly sell values to others or other countries

    Quote Originally Posted by Schmidt View Post
    but since it was you who mentioned "the popularity of Angela Merkel"...

    That's (IMO) only, because she "never takes risks", "sits everything out" and "never changes anything".
    What do you want her to change? When the United States and other European countries are in a sharp decline, is it not enough for Germany to stay the same?

    Like most Eastern European countries, Merkel was extremely anti-China before she became German Chancellor. In her first year as German Chancellor, because she received the Dalai Lama, Sino-German relations have dropped to the extreme. But she knew that the economies of Germany and Europe were inseparable from China, so she could only wronged herself to interact with China, which she hated. Because she was the Chancellor of Germany, she needed to consider the interests of the whole country, not personal preference.

    However, after she visited China many times, as she learned more and more about China, she became more and more aware that China is not the China she had previously imagined, and she has also grown from a naive politician to a mature and wise politician.

    Do you want the German Chancellor to change something like British Prime Minister Boris Johnson?

    Edit:
    VB6 is an old language, but you keep changing it to make it better and better, but many people can't see its change.
    China is an ancient country. It is constantly changing and getting better and better, but many people can't see its changes.
    Last edited by SearchingDataOnly; Sep 5th, 2021 at 03:54 AM.

  33. #73
    Angel of Code Niya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,497

    Re: Forcibly sell values to others or other countries

    Quote Originally Posted by yereverluvinuncleber View Post
    He doesn't understand web etiquette and a lot of what he posts is verbal garbage.
    He shines once in a while. In your thread where I posted the Linked List Queue thing, he actually posted a version that was mildly improved. He added a count and made the check for no items more efficient.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

    Copy/move files using Windows Shell

    C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

    There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

    The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

  34. #74

    Thread Starter
    Hyperactive Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    447

    Re: Forcibly sell values to others or other countries

    Quote Originally Posted by Schmidt View Post
    @SearchingDataOnly
    Not sure, whether I've posted this challenge already here (or in another forum) -
    but since it was you who mentioned "the popularity of Angela Merkel"...

    That's (IMO) only, because she "never takes risks", "sits everything out" and "never changes anything".
    Her typical stance: "hands downwards, fingertips touching", already became a meme for that:



    Since you brought up "freedom in China"...
    Can you do the same thing - I just did, ... please?

    Just tell us a nice little fun-story about your current leader Xi Jinping (you'll certainly disagree with him about *some* things) -
    and please accompany that with a little caricature of him, here in this very forum, like I just did.

    After that, we could proceed further...
    - me, posting the Angela-caricature on german twitter-sites, multiple times!
    - you, posting the Jinping-caricature on Sina Weibo, multiple times!

    I guess, we both know what would happen (in my case, nothing)...

    Olaf
    I'll accept the challenge in another way.

    (1) When the COVID-19 epidemic broke out in China in early 2020, the Chinese writer FangFang wrote "Wuhan Diary" to spread rumors and attacked the anti-epidemic work of the Chinese government and the Chinese people. The diary contained a large number of exaggerated and rumored storylines, which aroused the anger of the vast majority of Chinese people. However, "Wuhan Diary" can be published not only in the world, but also in China. Moreover, the writer FangFang has not received any punishment so far, and has lived in a high-end villa provided by the government.

    In contrast, what is the ending of the French writer Layla Slimani's "Diary of the Locking/Closing City" ?

    In addition, a Chinese-American journalist Zhang-Lan planned to write a diary related to the US fight against the epidemic. A few days later, the journalist died in a car accident.

    Andre Vltchek, a Russian-American journalist who truly reported the truth about the Hong Kong riots, died bizarrely in Turkey.

    (2) When Chinese media reports on Western countries, the attached photos are all real photos. Why do Western media (such as the BBC) deliberately add "gray filters" to the photos when reporting on China? What do they want to hide?

    (3) There is a Chinese painter "Chen Danqing" who drew a lot of paintings to praise Mao Zedong and the government when he was young. As a result, he received political dividends and the opportunity to enter China's highest art university. Later, he immigrated to the United States and made a lot of speeches attacking China and Mao Zedong in the United States, and at the same time painted a lot of paintings that vilified Mao Zedong.

    But later he discovered that the American people and American politicians had no interest in his paintings that vilified Mao Zedong and vilified China, and his painting exhibitions were rarely visited. As a result, he fell into financial difficulties and finally depended on his wife to support him.

    After living in the United States for 18 years, he returned to China a few years ago. He gave speeches and held art exhibitions everywhere. He made a lot of money and lived a prosperous and free life. Of course, his main job is to vilify China, vilify China's political system, and vilify Chinese leaders.

    So, which country do you think is more free?

    Why don't I respond directly to your question? Because this involves the difference between Chinese and Western cultures, I can talk about 1001 nights on this issue and write a book of 50 million words, but my more important task is to complete my new VB6-IDE.
    Last edited by SearchingDataOnly; Sep 5th, 2021 at 03:13 AM.

  35. #75
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Norfolk UK (inbred)
    Posts
    1,127

    Re: Forcibly sell values to others or other countries

    Quote Originally Posted by Niya View Post
    He shines once in a while. In your thread where I posted the Linked List Queue thing, he actually posted a version that was mildly improved. He added a count and made the check for no items more efficient.
    That is the problem, he is clearly clever but just doesn't know how social interaction is done and doesn't know when to stop, one doesn't go on and on and on and on and on, does one Niya?
    By the power invested in me, all the threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones - no arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign.

  36. #76
    Angel of Code Niya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,497

    Re: Forcibly sell values to others or other countries

    Quote Originally Posted by yereverluvinuncleber View Post
    That is the problem, he is clearly clever but just doesn't know how social interaction is done and doesn't know when to stop, one doesn't go on and on and on and on and on, does one Niya?
    meh
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

    Copy/move files using Windows Shell

    C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

    There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

    The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width