Thread: Interested in sharing your trans. manager

Interested in sharing your trans. manager

G'Day DM

Are you interested in sharing your trans. manager you talk about in the other thread ?

I'm wanted to checkout your C&S VB6 code for an update to an old List project that allows for embedding a list into a list item.

PowerPoster

Re: Interested in sharing your trans. manager

I've got over 100 companies using it in a production environment, they would not be to happy if I released the code behind it.

G'Day DM

Sorry if I insulted you, I didn't mean too.

Posting on this forum is so much like walking on egg shells, other break the "rules" and nothing happens

We have a list server that allows customers to collaborate on lists, very simple app. and yes I know you can get port 80 apps. that do this, but we are finding more and more customers who have had their data 'stolen' and are interested in the underground web ( C & S ), back to the future to make it impossible that their data is stolen from the cloud.

We have always provided this app. for free when a customer buys ent. ver. of ITIL system. Orig. as a way to help improve our apps. by getting them to casually report bug, suggestions in a non structure manner etc.

Customers have reported issues with list items that 'lose' data, we have told them the work around is to have smaller amounts of text in each item.

I would luv. to fix this issue and move on to something else, like allowing them to embed a list into a list item, something I cannot do when the server part of the C & S is 'flacky' sometimes.

Maybe someone else has time tested code that can show us how to handle 'data overflow' on multiple conn. server. ?

BTW - Read the rules above RE: posting any reply.

Should also mention I'm so eager to be able to 'put down this luggage' then walk away with a smile that I would pay for help.

PowerPoster

There's one very reliable "free Server-App" integrated into every Win-System (since XP) -
    and that's the MS-WebServer (IIS).

After you've installed (and configured) it, it will run as a Windows-service - not as a "Server-App you have to start manually"
    (so, after e.g. a "ServerHost-Reboot" - you don't even have to "Login" into a User-Session on that machine)

In your shoes, I'd take a look at this article here:
    https://www.vbforums.com/showthread....g-of-http-RPCs

After the "RoundTrip-Debugging" which is described there works,
    you can enhance the serverside Code about whatever you need, e.g. to build up a "Ticket-System" for your customers.

HTH

Olaf

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by jg.sa View Post
    G'Day DM

Sorry if I insulted you, I didn't mean too.
    No, not insulted at all, just can't share the code for this project for security reasons.