Thread: Purchase a license for VS 2019

Purchase a license for VS 2019

Where do you all purchase VS 2019? Seems there is even monthly subscriptions, if I'm understanding what's going on here!

TIA!

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Re: Purchase a license for VS 2019

Do you need to buy a license? I believe that the Community Edition is free for teams of up to five developers. If your company needs more licenses than that then you do indeed need to buy them.

Also note that VS2022 is coming soon. It's currently in preview 2.1
    All advice is offered in good faith only. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

Quote Originally Posted by jmcilhinney View Post
    Do you need to buy a license? I believe that the Community Edition is free for teams of up to five developers. If your company needs more licenses than that then you do indeed need to buy them.
    I was concerned the CE version would be missing features. Is it complete? Or at least enough? Otherwise I was considering the Standalone License at $499.
    Last edited by szlamany; Aug 5th, 2021 at 06:27 AM.

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by szlamany View Post
    I was concerned the CE version would be missing features. Is it complete? Or at least enough?
    https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/vs/compare/

Quote Originally Posted by PlausiblyDamp View Post
    Thanks for that...

I installed the ENTERPRISE version for trial - I guess that needs to be removed and replaced with PROF before I continue.

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by szlamany View Post
    I was concerned the CE version would be missing features. Is it complete? Or at least enough? Otherwise I was considering the Standalone License at $499.
    It is complete. It really comes down to the size of the organisation and the size of the team. It's not like the old Express Editions, which were significantly stripped down. Even major extensions like ReSharper are supported.