Thread: bad reply from esp32 on rfcomm bluetooth

bad reply from esp32 on rfcomm bluetooth

Hi, I need to realize a communication via Rfcomm protocol of Bluetooth classic to replace a serial wire communication between an ESP32-DevKit board and a program made in visual studio 2019 with c# on windows forms application and I have loaded the InTheHand Feet32 DLLs library to do it. The project involve sending commands in byte format from the pc to the board and its response to the command. I tested the operation between esp32 and the bluetooth serial terminal tool and it works. I also tried with DockLight opening the virtual serial ports and it works. When I try with the program I created, the command that I send arrives on the ESP32 board, while the response if I put the breakpoint, I see the data in the buffer, when I remove the breakpoint the data arrives partially and incorrectly. I have used both read and readbyte functions but the thing doesn't change. Does anyone have any suggestion about this. I also have to say that I put in TRY the reception of data is often arrives the following exception: I/O operation terminated due to thread exit or application request. Thank you for a possible answer.

Re: bad reply from esp32 on rfcomm bluetooth

Hi Tebron,

I'm, surprised that you have had no answers to your question, in this forum questions are usually answered the same day.

That said, to help you we need to see the relevant code... And... You only mention C#, are you sure that you've posted in the right forum?

This forum is for VB.NET so maybe you could try again in the C# forum.

Poppa
    Along with the sunshine there has to be a little rain sometime.

Wait... no... don't try again... I'll report the post to the mods and ask them to move it to the C# area.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Welcome to VBForums

Thread moved from the 'VB.Net' forum to the 'C#' forum