Thread: How to Render multiple images into one AlphaImage control

How to Render multiple images into one AlphaImage control

Greetings, dear experts!

I create a big project for intuitive learning piano. I am professional musician and musical methodist rather than programmer, but my program is already very complex, and I still understand it.

It's very important to decide now, how to move a group of controls being transparent?

Of the controls, there are almost exclusively pictures.
    Therefore, one of the solutions (not the best) is to render all pictures into one AlphaImage and move only it.

Then the question is:
    HOW TO INSERT SEVERAL PICTURES - WITH EXACT COORDINATES - INTO ONE ALPHAIMAGE?

But if it is possible to group controls and move them around the form in one fell swoop, leaving transparency between them, it would be generally magical! However, control "Frame" is not transparent to other form controls (even with WinAPI), and the smooth movement of the group controls by For...Next looks like a big jittery. I found a working solution (move all transparent form over another form), but it is clumsy.

Do you know a solution?

PowerPoster

Re: How to Render multiple images into one AlphaImage control

Very Nice,Transparent user control by vb6-VBForums
    https://www.vbforums.com/showthread....vb6&highlight=

VB6 Png Control,Simple transparent button control For VB6-VBForums
    https://www.vbforums.com/showthread....VB6&highlight=

Transparent Activex Control,WS_EX_LAYERED on child controls-VBForums
    https://www.vbforums.com/showthread....ols&highlight=

PowerPoster

you can put more transparent png control to picture box ,and move picture box

Quote Originally Posted by Svetlana View Post
    Do you know a solution?
    You can use WS_EX_LAYERED on child windows (i.e. windowed ActiveX container controls) on Win8+

Will need vb6.exe manifested with Win8 support to test this in IDE though.

cheers,
    </wqw>

Much thanks!
    But I tried it all.

I have some AlphaImage controls.
    I must move them gradually, all at the same time, and saving transparence.
    THIS IS THE WHOLE PROBLEM.

If I move them by For...Next, they move step by step, slowly and ugly.
    If I put them on a frame or PictureBox and move this container, they lose transparence
    (and WinAPI doesn't help: container become transparent as a hole in a form, we see desktop behind form but not controls behind container).
    Then I put pictures on another form, made this form transparent and move a whole new form with pictures over the old form with background pictures.
    It works, but it has very clumsy and unreliable code.
    I think the best solution is to render several pictures into one AlphaImageControl.
    This control has command "Render", but I didn't find how to render multiple images with certain coordinates. Maybe someone made it?

Quote Originally Posted by xiaoyao View Post
    Very Nice,Transparent user control by vb6-VBForums
    https://www.vbforums.com/showthread....vb6&highlight=
    Xiaoyao, I just tested Your Transparent control. It is really nice!
    But in this case, the background trembles while moving...
    I once did something similar with the transparency of the frame, it turned out about the same, and I left this idea.

Hooray!
    Still, I found something that is almost perfect:
    https://www.vbforums.com/showthread....aImage-control
    And now I have adapted this code for my task. Everything worked out!
    But I was looking for such solution during days , but I found it only now ...
    Anyway, many thanks to everyone!

This will still flicker on movement while using WS_EX_LAYERED will allow the GPU to alpha-blend which should remove flicker.

Another option is to alpha-blend *everything* into a canvas and draw the canvas in one step. This is how games are implemented, not with separate controls for characters or piano keys in your case.

There are a lot of people that do games here (with Direct2D or plain GDI) that might chime in and share ideas.

cheers,
    </wqw>

PowerPoster

In fact, it is very simple. The form is set to WS_EX_LAYERED, and then transparent PNG images are loaded on multiple controls, and they can be moved at will without any flicker. You can also set multiple controls into a combination, move one control, and it will move with it.
    Finally, you can take a screenshot of the picture, or create a transparent PNG object according to their coordinates, and draw them in.

PowerPoster

You can also use a way to directly draw multiple images on the form, and place 5 LABEL controls on 5 images and set them to be transparent. Or set 5 groups of movable peripheral points, which can be a single moving image or multiple moving images. It's like designing a visual form and moving multiple controls.

PowerPoster

If you just move the entire group of pictures, it's the easiest, just use GDIPLUS or other methods to synthesize multiple pictures into a transparent picture first, and then move them as one picture.

You can also use the web control Webbrowser to operate, you can add a web page background, and then set a few transparent PNG images as a group to drag, write a small amount of JS or set an ID for each image, and bind it to the support event object DOM in VB6 , Synchronous movement
    Last edited by xiaoyao; Jul 30th, 2021 at 12:54 PM.

PowerPoster

how to support WS_EX_LAYERED in vb6 ide?

Transparent Activex Control,WS_EX_LAYERED on child controls-VBForums
    https://www.vbforums.com/showthread....ols&highlight=

the function LoadPng() ,only 50 lines code,The only disadvantage is that the system requires WIN8 and above. WIN10 works perfectly

So that several pictures can be moved at the same time
    Code:
    Dim xx, yy

Private Sub Picture1_MouseDown(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)
    DoMouseDown Button, X, Y
    End Sub

Private Sub Picture1_MouseMove(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)
        DoMove Button, X, Y
    End Sub

Private Sub Command2_MouseDown(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)
    DoMouseDown Button, X, Y
    End Sub

Private Sub Command2_MouseMove(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)
        DoMove Button, X, Y
    End Sub
    Sub DoMouseDown(Button As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)
    If Button = 1 Then
        xx = X
        yy = Y
    End If
    End Sub
    Sub DoMove(Button As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)
    If Button = 1 Then
         Picture1.Left = Picture1.Left + X - xx
       Picture1.Top = Picture1.Top + Y - yy

Command2.Left = Command2.Left + X - xx
        Command2.Top = Command2.Top + Y - yy
    End If
    End Sub
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by xiaoyao; Jul 30th, 2021 at 07:38 PM.

If you just move the entire group of pictures, it's the easiest, just use GDIPLUS or other methods to synthesize multiple pictures into a transparent picture first, and then move them as one picture.
    I am doing this exactly! I merge many GDI+ pictures in one GDI+ control AlphaImage by LaVolpe. I like this control very much, I can load GIF animations in it, I can set % of transparency and then move them all, merged into one control, without flicking! And WS_EX_LAYERED is not needed in this case!

My PREVIOS way was two forms, one of which was transparent, as in your "Project3: Transparent Control By Multiple transparent windows form". But megring pictures is much easier and powerfully! I can make OCX control with it and not need to make several processes with API's, that depend on system version. By the way, I have Win7 on my mashine and I hate Win8 at all. It requires powerful computer, otherwise it works slowly. My program will be for children who want to be classical musicians and for adults who want to spend much time for music, not for earnings, and they most likely have a weak computer with Windows XP or 7. Among my friends, it is.

I learned your projects - they are very interesting! I remember "Project2:VB6 UserControl-Transparency Container" - I found something very similar before, maybe it was your project. But on such a transparent OCX, the AlphaImage can only be square - the edges of a transparent GIF are still gray. And I need to animate transparent GIFs - it complicates the task.
    I made a project to test your Transparency UserControl deeper, but unfortunately can't attach it on the forum - it writes an unexpected error.

But merging all GIFs into one is really the best desicion! I will post here the code.

Transparency_Usercontrol TEST.zip
    This is test. Press "MOVING", watch a movement of Transparent control, then press "Bottom picture" and watch movement of picture without UserControl. This picture can consist of many pictures.
    I think no much difference.
    I put several images in Transparent UserControl, they move same.
    That's why it would be simple to use your desicion.
    But!!!
    Transparent OCX doesn't allow the GIF to be transparent too!
    Top image is on a gray background!
    And in case of AlphaImgCtl it is the same!
    Is there decision to make top image transparent on TransparentOCX, except of Win8 desicion and a second transparent window, and without complicate APIs?
    Last edited by Svetlana; Jul 31st, 2021 at 07:08 AM.

PowerPoster

The gif animation is not really transparent. For example, he uses black or yellow as the background color, and then the picture also uses the same color as the background color, forming a virtual transparency.
    True transparency is to have 0-255, multiple transparency, such as semi-transparent, fully transparent and other forms. Only by doing this can the animation scroll and move on any picture.
    For example, the rotating earth, you need to convert the 360-degree rotating earth into 12 or 24 png images with true transparency per second.

PowerPoster

Image1.Left = Image1.Left + 60
    There will always be some flicker in this method, and direct GDIPLUS drawing or other methods to draw can be truly flicker-free.
    Use WS_EX_LAYERED to create multiple transparent forms, or create multiple transparent PNG image controls on one form. This method of movement is perfect, but it needs the support of WIN8 and above. In fact, WIN8 is almost the same as WIN7, and basically seldom takes up memory and CPU. There is basically no use of XP now. But if you want to use it for different users, you can only find a way to solve the compatibility problem of WIN7 and WIN8.

If you learn how to draw with gdiplus or GDI32, you can also achieve perfect transparency.

Much thanks, Xiaoyao! I start understanding!
    Image1.Left = Image1.Left + 60
    There will always be some flicker in this method, and direct GDIPLUS drawing or other methods to draw can be truly flicker-free.
    But if we make a transparent form, we must move a transparent frame in it, and it will be such as:
    Frame1.left= Frame1.Left + 60
    And it will still flick.
    OR NOT?

Is there in GDI+ the way of DIRECT MOVING without timer and consistent adding to Left?

Now I created test project to merge some images into one GDI+ image AlphaImg and moving it over another GDI+ (background image):
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/13VE...ew?usp=sharing

It flicks but not very.

PowerPoster

If you have 10 transparent PNG images and need to synthesize a large transparent PNG image, the coordinate position and size of each image are clear.
    You can use GDIPLUS to create a PNG image with the size of the composite image. Then just draw each PNG image into it.
    Then save it as a PNG image and load it with the AlphaImg control.

You can also put 10 PNG images in a resource file, load the memory into a large PNG image, and display it with AlphaImg without writing to the hard disk.

Attached Files
    File Type: zip WS_EX_LAYERED_Control Group.zip (542.9 KB, 1 views)
    I downloaded this project. It represents transparent PNG on another form that is transparent. It is EXACTLY what I made before. And it works on my Win7 (not only Win8) perfectly.
    YOU ARE RIGHT.
    I tested my old version with blending of 2 transparent forms.
    It doesn't flicker at all.
    And it looks amazing.
    The code is some clumsy (I make UserControl with this functionality), but result is the best. I will continue this desicion.

Xiaoyao, You saved me from a false path, in which I wanted to fit many images into one, and this one would still flicker - much less than subsequent moving, but yet flicker! I didn't know that overlaying of two transparent forms provides smooth motion so much better than all variants inside a form.

Thank you very much! God help you!

And this post is exactly about it:
    https://www.vbforums.com/showthread....r-moving-image
    Last edited by Svetlana; Jul 31st, 2021 at 09:18 AM.

PowerPoster

WS_EX_LAYERED_Control Group,use only one form?
    loadpng("1.png",picture1.hwnd)
    loadpng("2.png",picture2.hwnd)

WS_EX_LAYERED for control support win7 ?it's win7 sp2?

WS_EX_LAYERED forms (form1,form2),may be support xp?i don't khnow

In terms of VB's transparent controls, forms and other technologies, my technology is relatively leading on the entire earth, and it took a lot of time.
    In fact, multiple transparent WS_EX_LAYERED forms to load PNG images are also a method. The bottom form loads a background image, the transparent form above loads other images (layers), and then you can also load a transparent form (the control is not transparent), and then Control simultaneous movement, prohibit minimization, or move only a window, HOOK mouse window activates the event to prevent switching windows from changing the Z order.

WS_EX_LAYERED_Control Group TEST.zip
    This is test version on the base of Your project of two windows.
    What an amazing moving!
    You can adjust the speed by ScrollBar, and it still does not flickers.

PowerPoster

10 transparent PNG images and need to synthesize a large transparent PNG image,
    ADD MORE png to one png file
    Code:
    Private m_GDIplus As NewPngClass

Private Sub Command1_Click()
        Dim hImage As Long, hGraphics As Long, tData() As Byte

Call m_GDIplus.NewPng(350, 350, hImage, hGraphics)

Dim Img2 As Long, Width2 As Long, Height2 As Long

Img2 = m_GDIplus.LoadImg(App.Path & "\001PNG_ICQ.png", Width2, Height2)
        Call m_GDIplus.DrawImage(hGraphics, Img2, 0, 0, Width2, Height2)
        m_GDIplus.DisposeImage Img2

Img2 = m_GDIplus.LoadImg(App.Path & "\002.png", Width2, Height2)
        Call m_GDIplus.DrawImage(hGraphics, Img2, 0, 0, Width2, Height2)
        m_GDIplus.DisposeImage Img2

m_GDIplus.DisposeGraphics hGraphics

m_GDIplus.ImageToPngByte hImage, tData()
        Open App.Path & "\newpng.png" For Binary As #1
        Put #1, 1, tData()
        Close #1

m_GDIplus.DisposeImage hImage

End Sub
    NewPngClass.cls
    Code:
    Option Explicit
    'from:https://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?853467-Psd-read-layers-save-as-png-show-like-as-layerd-window&highlight=StdPictureEx
    Private Declare Function GdipDrawImageRect Lib "gdiplus" (ByVal graphics As Long, ByVal Image As Long, ByVal x As Single, ByVal y As Single, ByVal Width As Single, ByVal Height As Single) As Long

Private Declare Function LoadLibrary Lib "kernel32.dll" Alias "LoadLibraryA" (ByVal lpLibFileName As String) As Long
    Private Declare Function FreeLibrary Lib "kernel32.dll" (ByVal hLibModule As Long) As Long
    Private Declare Function GetProcAddress Lib "kernel32.dll" (ByVal hModule As Long, ByVal lpProcName As String) As Long
    Private Declare Sub CopyMemory Lib "kernel32.dll" Alias "RtlMoveMemory" (ByRef Destination As Any, ByRef Source As Any, ByVal length As Long)
    Private Declare Function lstrlenW Lib "kernel32.dll" (ByVal psString As Any) As Long
    Private Declare Function GetSysColor Lib "user32.dll" (ByVal nIndex As Long) As Long

Private Declare Sub GdiplusShutdown Lib "gdiplus" (ByVal Token As Long)
    Private Declare Function GdiplusStartup Lib "gdiplus" (Token As Long, inputbuf As Any, Optional ByVal outputbuf As Long = 0) As Long
    Private Declare Function GdipLoadImageFromFile Lib "GdiPlus.dll" (ByVal mFilename As Long, ByRef mImage As Long) As Long
    Private Declare Function GdipDisposeImage Lib "GdiPlus.dll" (ByVal mImage As Long) As Long
    Private Declare Function GdipBitmapLockBits Lib "gdiplus" (ByVal gdipBitmap As Long, gdipRect As RECTL, ByVal gdipFlags As Long, ByVal iPixelFormat As Long, lockedBitmapData As BitmapData) As Long
    Private Declare Function GdipBitmapUnlockBits Lib "gdiplus" (ByVal gdipBitmap As Long, lockedBitmapData As BitmapData) As Long
    Private Declare Function GdipCreateBitmapFromScan0 Lib "GdiPlus.dll" (ByVal Width As Long, ByVal Height As Long, ByVal stride As Long, ByVal PixelFormat As Long, scan0 As Any, BITMAP As Long) As Long
    Private Declare Function GdipDeleteGraphics Lib "GdiPlus.dll" (ByVal mGraphics As Long) As Long
    Private Declare Function GdipCreateFromHDC Lib "GdiPlus.dll" (ByVal hDC As Long, hGraphics As Long) As Long
    Private Declare Function GdipGetImageGraphicsContext Lib "GdiPlus.dll" (ByVal pImage As Long, ByRef graphics As Long) As Long
    Private Declare Function GdipGetImageEncodersSize Lib "GdiPlus.dll" (numEncoders As Long, Size As Long) As Long
    Private Declare Function GdipGetImageEncoders Lib "GdiPlus.dll" (ByVal numEncoders As Long, ByVal Size As Long, Encoders As Any) As Long
    Private Declare Function GdipSaveImageToStream Lib "GdiPlus.dll" (ByVal Image As Long, ByVal Stream As IUnknown, clsidEncoder As Any, encoderParams As Any) As Long

Private Declare Function GlobalAlloc Lib "kernel32.dll" (ByVal uFlags As Long, ByVal dwBytes As Long) As Long
    Private Declare Function GlobalLock Lib "kernel32" (ByVal hMem As Long) As Long
    Private Declare Function GlobalUnlock Lib "kernel32.dll" (ByVal hMem As Long) As Long
    Private Declare Function GlobalFree Lib "kernel32.dll" (ByVal hMem As Long) As Long
    Private Declare Function CreateStreamOnHGlobal Lib "ole32.dll" (ByVal hGlobal As Long, ByVal fDeleteOnRelease As Long, ppstm As Any) As Long
    Private Declare Function GetHGlobalFromStream Lib "ole32.dll" (ByVal ppstm As Long, hGlobal As Long) As Long
    Private Declare Function GlobalSize Lib "kernel32.dll" (ByVal hMem As Long) As Long

Private Type GdiplusStartupInput
        GdiplusVersion           As Long
        DebugEventCallback       As Long
        SuppressBackgroundThread As Long
        SuppressExternalCodecs   As Long
    End Type
    Private Type RECTF                   ' GDI+ rectangle w/Single vartypes
        nLeft As Single
        nTop As Single
        nWidth As Single
        nHeight As Single
    End Type
    Private Type RECTL                   ' GDI+ rectangle w/Long vartypes
        nLeft As Long
        nTop As Long
        nWidth As Long
        nHeight As Long
    End Type
    Private Enum LockModeConstants
        ImageLockModeRead = &H1
        ImageLockModeWrite = &H2
        ImageLockModeUserInputBuf = &H4
    End Enum
    Private Type BitmapData              ' GDI+ lock/unlock bits structure
        Width As Long
        Height As Long
        stride As Long
        PixelFormat As Long
        Scan0Ptr As Long
        ReservedPtr As Long
    End Type
    Private Type EncoderParameter       ' GDI+ image format encoding structure
        GUID(0 To 3)   As Long
        NumberOfValues As Long
        Type           As Long
        Value          As Long
    End Type
    '-- Encoder Parameters structure
    Private Type EncoderParameters
        Count     As Long
        Parameter(0 To 5) As EncoderParameter
    End Type
    Private Type ImageCodecInfo         ' GDI+ codec structure
        ClassID(0 To 3)   As Long
        FormatID(0 To 3)  As Long
        CodecName         As Long
        DllName           As Long
        FormatDescription As Long
        FilenameExtension As Long
        MimeType          As Long
        Flags             As Long
        Version           As Long
        SigCount          As Long
        SigSize           As Long
        SigPattern        As Long
        SigMask           As Long
    End Type

Public Enum GDIpColorConstants
        Color1bpp = &H30101      'Specifies that the format is 1 bit per pixel, indexed.
        Color4bpp = &H30402      'Specifies that the format is 4 bits per pixel, indexed.
        Color8bpp = &H30803      'Specifies that the format is 8 bits per pixel, indexed.
        Color16bppGrayscale = &H101004 'Specifies that the format is 16 bits per pixel, grayscale.
        Color16bpp555 = &H21005  'Specifies that the format is 16 bits per pixel; 5 bits each are used for the red, green, and blue components. The remaining bit is not used.
        Color16bpp565 = &H21006  'Specifies that the format is 16 bits per pixel; 5 bits are used for the red component, 6 bits are used for the green component, and 5 bits are used for the blue component.
        Color16bpp555Alpha = &H61007  'Specifies that the format is 16 bits per pixel; 1 bit is used for the alpha component, and 5 bits each are used for the red, green, and blue components.
        Color24bpp = &H21808     'Specifies that the format is 24 bits per pixel; 8 bits each are used for the red, green, and blue components.
        Color32bpp = &H22009     'Specifies that the format is 32 bits per pixel; 8 bits each are used for the red, green, and blue components. The remaining 8 bits are not used.
        Color32bppAlpha = &H26200A 'Specifies that the format is 32 bits per pixel; 8 bits each are used for the alpha, red, green, and blue components.
        Color32bppAlphaMultiplied = &HE200B     'Specifies that the format is 32 bits per pixel; 8 bits each are used for the alpha, red, green, and blue components. The red, green, and blue components are premultiplied according to the alpha component.
        Color48bpp = &H10300C    'Specifies that the format is 48 bits per pixel; 16 bits each are used for the red, green, and blue components.
        Color64bppAlpha = &H34400D 'Specifies that the format is 64 bits per pixel; 16 bits each are used for the alpha, red, green, and blue components.
        Color64bppAlphaMultiplied = &H1C400E 'Specifies that the format is 64 bits per pixel; 16 bits each are used for the alpha, red, green, and blue components. The red, green, and blue components are premultiplied according to the alpha component.
    End Enum
    Private Declare Function GdipGetImageWidth Lib "gdiplus" (ByVal Image As Long, Width As Long) As Long
    Private Declare Function GdipGetImageHeight Lib "gdiplus" (ByVal Image As Long, Height As Long) As Long

Private m_Token As Long
    Private m_Version As Single
    Sub GetImgSize(Image As Long, Width As Long, Height As Long)
        GdipGetImageWidth Image, Width
        GdipGetImageHeight Image, Height
    End Sub
    Function LoadImg(File1 As String, Optional Width As Long, Optional Height As Long) As Long 'add by xiaoyao
        Call GdipLoadImageFromFile(StrPtr(File1), LoadImg)
        GetImgSize LoadImg, Width, Height
    End Function
    Sub NewPng(Width As Long, Height As Long, hImage As Long, hGraphics As Long)
        Const UnitPixels As Long = 2
        hImage = CreateImageFromScan0(0, 0, Width, Height, Color32bppAlpha)
        hGraphics = CreateGraphicsFromHIMAGE(hImage)
    End Sub

Private Sub Class_Initialize()
        Dim GSI As GdiplusStartupInput
        Dim pa As Long, hMod As Long

On Error Resume Next
        GSI.GdiplusVersion = 1&
        Call GdiplusStartup(m_Token, GSI)
        If m_Token Then                                         ' is v1.1 GDI+?
            hMod = LoadLibrary("gdiplus.dll")                   ' test it
            If hMod Then
                pa = GetProcAddress(hMod, "GdipDrawImageFX")    ' if it has this function, then at least GDI+ v1.1
                If pa Then m_Version = 1.1!
                FreeLibrary hMod
            End If
            If m_Version = 0! Then m_Version = 1!
        Else
            m_Token = -1&                                       ' prevent calling this time & time again if failure
        End If
    End Sub

Private Sub Class_Terminate()
        If Not (m_Token = 0 Or m_Token = -1) Then GdiplusShutdown m_Token
        m_Token = 0&
    End Sub

Private Function pvStreamFromArray(ArrayPtr As Long, ArraySize As Long) As IUnknown

On Error GoTo HandleError
        Dim o_hMem As Long
        Dim o_lpMem  As Long

If ArrayPtr = 0& Then
            CreateStreamOnHGlobal 0&, 1&, pvStreamFromArray
        ElseIf ArraySize <> 0& Then
            o_hMem = GlobalAlloc(&H2&, ArraySize)
            If o_hMem <> 0 Then
                o_lpMem = GlobalLock(o_hMem)
                If o_lpMem <> 0 Then
                    CopyMemory ByVal o_lpMem, ByVal ArrayPtr, ArraySize
                    Call GlobalUnlock(o_hMem)
                    Call CreateStreamOnHGlobal(o_hMem, 1&, pvStreamFromArray)
                End If
            End If
        End If

HandleError:
    End Function

Private Function pvStreamToArray(hStream As IUnknown, arrayBytes() As Byte) As Boolean

' Return array of bytes contained in an IUnknown interface (stream)

Dim o_hMem As Long, o_lpMem As Long
        Dim o_lngByteCount As Long

If Not hStream Is Nothing Then
            If GetHGlobalFromStream(ByVal ObjPtr(hStream), o_hMem) = 0 Then
                o_lngByteCount = GlobalSize(o_hMem)
                If o_lngByteCount > 0 Then
                    o_lpMem = GlobalLock(o_hMem)
                    If o_lpMem <> 0 Then
                        ReDim arrayBytes(0 To o_lngByteCount - 1)
                        CopyMemory arrayBytes(0), ByVal o_lpMem, o_lngByteCount
                        GlobalUnlock o_hMem
                        pvStreamToArray = True
                    End If
                End If
            End If
        End If

End Function

Private Function pvGetEncoderClsID(strMimeType As String, ClassID() As Long) As Long

' Routine is a helper function for the various SaveAsxxxx routines

Dim lCount   As Long
      Dim lSize    As Long
      Dim lIdx     As Long
      Dim ICI()    As ImageCodecInfo
      Dim buffer() As Byte, sMime As String

'-- Get the encoder array size
        Call GdipGetImageEncodersSize(lCount, lSize)
        If (lSize = 0& Or lCount = 0&) Then Exit Function ' Failed!

'-- Allocate room for the arrays dynamically
        ReDim ICI(1 To lCount) As ImageCodecInfo
        ReDim buffer(1 To lSize) As Byte

'-- Get the array and string data
        Call GdipGetImageEncoders(lCount, lSize, buffer(1))
        '-- Copy the class headers
        Call CopyMemory(ICI(1), buffer(1), (Len(ICI(1)) * lCount))

lSize = Len(strMimeType)
        sMime = String$(lSize, vbNullChar)
        '-- Loop through all the codecs
        For lIdx = lCount To 1& Step -1&
            '-- Must convert the pointer into a usable string
            With ICI(lIdx)
                If lSize = lstrlenW(ByVal .MimeType) Then
                    Call CopyMemory(ByVal StrPtr(sMime), ByVal .MimeType, lSize * 2&)
                    If StrComp(sMime, strMimeType, vbTextCompare) = 0 Then
                        CopyMemory ClassID(0), .ClassID(0), 16&
                        Exit For
                    End If
                End If
            End With
        Next lIdx
        pvGetEncoderClsID = lIdx
    End Function

Public Function Color_RGBtoARGB(ByVal RGBColor As Long, ByVal Opacity As Long) As Long

' GDI+ color conversion routines. Most GDI+ functions require ARGB format vs standard RGB format
        ' This routine will return the passed RGBcolor to RGBA format

If (RGBColor And &H80000000) Then RGBColor = GetSysColor(RGBColor And &HFF&)
        Color_RGBtoARGB = (RGBColor And &HFF00&) Or (RGBColor And &HFF0000) \ &H10000 Or (RGBColor And &HFF) * &H10000
        If Opacity < 128 Then
            If Opacity < 0& Then Opacity = 0&
            Color_RGBtoARGB = Color_RGBtoARGB Or Opacity * &H1000000
        Else
            If Opacity > 255& Then Opacity = 255&
            Color_RGBtoARGB = Color_RGBtoARGB Or (Opacity - 128&) * &H1000000 Or &H80000000
        End If

End Function

Public Function Color_ARGBtoRGB(ByVal ARGBcolor As Long, Optional ByRef Opacity As Long) As Long

' This routine is the opposite of Color_RGBtoARGB
        ' Returned color is always RGB format, Opacity parameter will contain RGBAcolor opacity (0-255)

If (ARGBcolor And &H80000000) Then
            Opacity = (ARGBcolor And Not &H80000000) \ &H1000000 Or &H80
        Else
            Opacity = (ARGBcolor \ &H1000000)
        End If
        Color_ARGBtoRGB = (ARGBcolor And &HFF00&) Or (ARGBcolor And &HFF0000) \ &H10000 Or (ARGBcolor And &HFF) * &H10000

End Function

Public Sub DisposeImage(hGDIpImage As Long)
        GdipDisposeImage hGDIpImage
    End Sub

Public Sub DisposeGraphics(hGDIpGraphics As Long)
        GdipDeleteGraphics hGDIpGraphics
    End Sub

Public Function CreateGraphicsFromHIMAGE(hGDIpImage As Long) As Long
        GdipGetImageGraphicsContext hGDIpImage, CreateGraphicsFromHIMAGE
    End Function

Public Function CreateGraphicsFromHDC(hDC As Long) As Long
        GdipCreateFromHDC hDC, CreateGraphicsFromHDC
    End Function

Public Function CreateImageFromScan0(BitsPointer As Long, BitsScanWidth As Long, _
                                            Width As Long, Height As Long, _
                                            ColorType As GDIpColorConstants) As Long

' returns GDI+ hImage form an array, dib pointer, etc
        ' only supports 16, 24 & 32 bpp as written here. don't pass anything else

Dim dstBoundsI As RECTL
        Dim tBMPsrc As BitmapData
        Dim hImage As Long

With tBMPsrc
            .Height = Height
            .Width = Width
            .Scan0Ptr = BitsPointer
            .stride = BitsScanWidth
            .PixelFormat = ColorType
        End With
        dstBoundsI.nHeight = Height: dstBoundsI.nWidth = Width
        GdipCreateBitmapFromScan0 dstBoundsI.nWidth, dstBoundsI.nHeight, 0&, tBMPsrc.PixelFormat, ByVal 0&, hImage
        If hImage = 0& Then Exit Function

If BitsPointer Then
            If GdipBitmapLockBits(hImage, dstBoundsI, ImageLockModeWrite Or ImageLockModeUserInputBuf, tBMPsrc.PixelFormat, tBMPsrc) Then
                GdipDisposeImage hImage: hImage = 0
            Else
                GdipBitmapUnlockBits hImage, tBMPsrc
            End If
        End If
        CreateImageFromScan0 = hImage

End Function

Public Function ImageToPngByte(hGDIpImage As Long, arrBytes() As Byte) As Boolean

Dim uEncCLSID(0 To 3) As Long
        Dim IIStream As IUnknown
        Const MimeType As String = "image/png"

If pvGetEncoderClsID(MimeType, uEncCLSID) <> -1& Then
            Set IIStream = pvStreamFromArray(0&, 0&)
            If Not IIStream Is Nothing Then
                If GdipSaveImageToStream(hGDIpImage, IIStream, uEncCLSID(0), ByVal 0&) = 0& Then
                    ImageToPngByte = pvStreamToArray(IIStream, arrBytes)
                End If
                Set IIStream = Nothing
            End If
        End If

End Function

Public Property Get Version() As Single
        Version = m_Version
    End Property
    Public Property Get Token() As Long
        Token = m_Token
    End Property

Function DrawImage(ByVal graphics As Long, ByVal Image As Long, ByVal x As Single, ByVal y As Single, ByVal Width As Single, ByVal Height As Single) As Long
        DrawImage = GdipDrawImageRect(graphics, Image, x, y, Width, Height)
    End Function

WS_EX_LAYERED_Control Group,use only one form?
    loadpng("1.png",picture1.hwnd)
    loadpng("2.png",picture2.hwnd)

WS_EX_LAYERED for control support win7 ?
    No! I start your application, and it shows only three BLANK white squares instead of pictures. And only the button "WS_EX_LAYERED form" works.
    Such, Win7 is NOT supported for layered CONTROLS, and I can't even see how it works.
    That's why I think I will layer FORMS that works on more simple systems.
    XP is really rare, but Win7 is very popular yet.

10 transparent PNG images and need to synthesize a large transparent PNG image,
    ADD MORE png to one png file

[/CODE]
    Ooooo! It is really your great work! But in my case with PNG have I to make animation manually? Have I to make several PNGs from one GIF and switch them by Timer?
    But I have GIFs, and I think I will not make a shadow or semi-transparense or other effects with them. Can I use GIF animation, or it will flicker more?
    I use GIF animations in AlphaImg in transparent form over background form, and it flickers NOT.
    PNG is more high-quality, but more complex, especially in case of animation. Isn't it?

PowerPoster

Code:
    Sub LoadPng(Png1 As String, hWnd As Long)
     Bytes = OpenBinFile(Png1)
     m_GDIplus.ImageToPngByte hImage, Bytes()

png byte array to show
    you can make new function like :
    Sub LoadPngFromByteArr(Bytes() as byte, hWnd As Long)
    it's the new version ,fix some bug:
    AlphaControlBas.bas

Code:
    Option Explicit
    'version 2021-7-31
    Public Type POINTAPI
            x As Long
            y As Long
    End Type
    Public Type RectWh
            Left As Long
            Top As Long
            Right As Long
            Bottom As Long
            Width As Long
            Height As Long
    End Type
    '获取窗口(Form/控件)客户区的坐标系。客户区坐标指定客户区的左上角和右下角,即(0,0)-(ScaleWidth,ScaleHeight)。
    Public Declare Function GetClientRect Lib "user32" (ByVal hWnd As Long, lpRect As Rect) As Long

'将客户区坐标系中的点转换为屏幕坐标
    Public Declare Function ClientToScreen Lib "user32" (ByVal hWnd As Long, lpPoint As POINTAPI) As Long

Public Const LWA_COLORKEY = &H1
    Public Declare Function SetLayeredWindowAttributes Lib "user32" (ByVal hWnd As Long, ByVal crKey As Long, ByVal bAlpha As Byte, ByVal dwFlags As Long) As Long

Private Const GWL_EXSTYLE = -20
    Private Const WS_EX_LAYERED = &H80000

Declare Function GetParent Lib "user32" (ByVal hWnd As Long) As Long
    Public Declare Sub InitCommonControls Lib "comctl32.dll" ()
    Public Type Rect
        Left As Long
        Top As Long
        Right As Long
        Bottom As Long
    End Type
      Declare Function GetWindowRect Lib "user32.dll" _
    (ByVal hWnd As Long, lpRect As Rect) As Long
      Declare Function ReleaseCapture Lib "user32" () As Long
      Declare Function SendMessage Lib "user32" Alias "SendMessageA" (ByVal hWnd As Long, ByVal wMsg As Long, ByVal wParam As Long, lParam As Any) As Long

Public Const WM_NCLBUTTONDOWN = &HA1
      Public Const HTCAPTION = 2

Private Const WIN32_NULL As Long = 0
    Private Const WIN32_FALSE As Long = 0
    Private Const WIN32_TRUE As Long = Not WIN32_FALSE

Private Declare Function CreateBitmap Lib "gdi32" ( _
        ByVal Width As Long, _
        ByVal Height As Long, _
        ByVal Planes As Long, _
        ByVal BitsPerPixel As Long, _
        ByRef Bits As Any) As Long

Private Declare Function CreateCompatibleDC Lib "gdi32" (ByVal hDC As Long) As Long

Private Const LR_DEFAULTCOLOR As Long = 0

Private Declare Function CreateIconFromResourceEx Lib "user32" ( _
        ByRef IconBits As Byte, _
        ByVal cbIconBits As Long, _
        ByVal fIcon As Long, _
        ByVal dwVersion As Long, _
        ByVal cxDesired As Long, _
        ByVal cyDesired As Long, _
        ByVal uFlags As Long) As Long

Private Declare Function DeleteDC Lib "gdi32" (ByVal hDC As Long) As Long

Private Declare Function DeleteObject Lib "gdi32" (ByVal hObject As Long) As Long

Private Declare Function DestroyIcon Lib "user32" (ByVal hIcon As Long) As Long

Private Enum DI_FLAGS
        DI_MASK = &H1&
        DI_IMAGE = &H2&
        DI_NORMAL = &H3&
        DI_COMPAT = &H4&
        DI_DEFAULTSIZE = &H8&
        DI_NOMIRROR = &H10&
    End Enum

Private Declare Function DrawIconEx Lib "user32" ( _
        ByVal hDC As Long, _
        ByVal xLeft As Long, _
        ByVal yTop As Long, _
        ByVal hIcon As Long, _
        ByVal cxWidth As Long, _
        ByVal cyWidth As Long, _
        ByVal istepIfAniCur As Long, _
        ByVal hbrFlickerFreeDraw As Long, _
        ByVal diFlags As DI_FLAGS) As Long

Private Declare Function GetDC Lib "user32" (ByVal hWnd As Long) As Long

Private Type ICONINFO
        fIcon As Long     'API TRUE for icon, API FALSE for cursor.
        xHotspot As Long  'The hotspot X-coordinate for cursor.
        yHotspot As Long  'The hotspot Y-coordinate for cursor.
        hbmMask As Long   'HBITMAP handle to monochrome AND mask bitmap.
        hbmColor As Long  'HBITMAP handle to device dependent XOR mask bitmap.
    End Type

Private Declare Function GetIconInfo Lib "user32" ( _
        ByVal hIcon As Long, _
        ByRef ICONINFO As ICONINFO) As Long

Private Type BITMAP
        bmType As Long
        bmWidth As Long
        bmHeight As Long
        bmWidthBytes As Long
        bmPlanes As Integer
        bmBitsPixel As Integer
        bmBits As Long
    End Type

Private Declare Function GetObject Lib "gdi32" Alias "GetObjectW" ( _
        ByVal hObject As Long, _
        ByVal nCount As Long, _
        ByRef Obj As Any) As Long

Private Declare Function GetWindowLong Lib "user32" Alias "GetWindowLongW" ( _
        ByVal hWnd As Long, _
        ByVal nIndex As Long) As Long

Private Declare Function ReleaseDC Lib "user32" ( _
        ByVal hWnd As Long, _
        ByVal hDC As Long) As Long

Private Declare Function SelectObject Lib "gdi32" ( _
        ByVal hDC As Long, _
        ByVal hObject As Long) As Long

Private Declare Function SetWindowLong Lib "user32" Alias "SetWindowLongW" ( _
        ByVal hWnd As Long, _
        ByVal nIndex As Long, _
        ByVal dwNewLong As Long) As Long

Private Type POINT
        x As Long
        y As Long
    End Type

Private Type SIZE
        cx As Long
        cy As Long
    End Type

Private Const AC_SRC_OVER As Byte = 0
    Private Const AC_SRC_ALPHA As Byte = 1

Private Type BLENDFUNCTION
        BlendOp As Byte 'Always AC_SRC_OVER.
        BlendFlags As Byte 'Always 0.
        SourceConstantAlpha As Byte 'We'll set this value upon use.
        AlphaFormat As Byte 'Always AC_SRC_ALPHA.
    End Type

Private Enum ULW_FLAGS
        ULW_COLORKEY = &H1&
        ULW_ALPHA = &H2&
        ULW_OPAQUE = &H4&
        ULW_EX_NORESIZE = &H8&
    End Enum

Private Declare Function UpdateLayeredWindow Lib "user32" ( _
        ByVal hWnd As Long, _
        ByVal hdcDst As Long, _
        ByRef ptDst As Any, _
        ByRef sizeNew As Any, _
        ByVal hdcSrc As Long, _
        ByRef ptSrc As Any, _
        ByVal crKey As Long, _
        ByRef blend As BLENDFUNCTION, _
        ByVal dwFlags As ULW_FLAGS) As Long

'For dragging:
    Private GrabX As Single
    Private GrabY As Single
    Private Declare Function MoveWindow Lib "user32" (ByVal hWnd As Long, ByVal x As Long, ByVal y As Long, ByVal nWidth As Long, ByVal nHeight As Long, ByVal bRepaint As Long) As Long

Function GetClientArea(Hwnd1 As Long) As RectWh
    '获取客户区矩形
        Dim RectWh As RectWh, ClientWH As Rect, ClientXY As POINTAPI
        '客户区宽高Rect(Right,Bottom),ClientXY=客户区左右角坐标
        GetClientRect Hwnd1, ClientWH
        ClientToScreen Hwnd1, ClientXY
        '转换数据
         GetClientArea.Left = ClientXY.x
         GetClientArea.Top = ClientXY.y
         GetClientArea.Right = ClientXY.x + ClientWH.Right
         GetClientArea.Bottom = ClientXY.y + ClientWH.Bottom
         GetClientArea.Width = ClientWH.Right
         GetClientArea.Height = ClientWH.Bottom
    End Function

Sub LoadPng(Png1 As String, hWnd As Long)
        Dim Bytes() As Byte
        Dim hIcon As Long
        Dim ICONINFO As ICONINFO
        Dim BITMAP As BITMAP
        Dim sizeNew As SIZE
        Dim ptDst As POINT
        Dim ptSrc As POINT '0, 0
        Dim BLENDFUNCTION As BLENDFUNCTION
        Dim hdcScreen As Long
        Dim hdcMem As Long
        Dim hbm As Long

Bytes = OpenBinFile(Png1)
        hIcon = CreateIconFromResourceEx(Bytes(0), UBound(Bytes) + 1, WIN32_TRUE, &H30000, 0, 0, LR_DEFAULTCOLOR)
        Erase Bytes
        GetIconInfo hIcon, ICONINFO
        GetObject ICONINFO.hbmColor, LenB(BITMAP), BITMAP
        With BITMAP
            sizeNew.cx = .bmWidth
            sizeNew.cy = .bmHeight
        End With
        Dim ParentHwnd As Long
        ParentHwnd = GetParent(hWnd)
        Dim Rect1 As RectWh
       Rect1 = GetClientArea(ParentHwnd)
        Dim Rect2 As Rect
        GetWindowRect hWnd, Rect2

MoveWindow hWnd, Rect2.Left - Rect1.Left, Rect2.Top - Rect1.Top, sizeNew.cx, sizeNew.cy, 0

hdcScreen = GetDC(WIN32_NULL)
        hdcMem = CreateCompatibleDC(hdcScreen)
        With sizeNew
            hbm = CreateBitmap(.cx, .cy, 1, 32, ByVal WIN32_NULL)
            SelectObject hdcMem, hbm
            DrawIconEx hdcMem, 0, 0, hIcon, .cx, .cy, 0, WIN32_NULL, DI_NORMAL
        End With
        DestroyIcon hIcon
        SetWindowLong hWnd, GWL_EXSTYLE, GetWindowLong(hWnd, GWL_EXSTYLE) Or WS_EX_LAYERED

With ptDst 'HERE NEED CHANGE CODE !!!!!!
        .x = Rect2.Left - Rect1.Left
        .y = Rect2.Top - Rect1.Top
    End With

With BLENDFUNCTION
            .BlendOp = AC_SRC_OVER
            .SourceConstantAlpha = 255
            .AlphaFormat = AC_SRC_ALPHA
        End With
        UpdateLayeredWindow hWnd, hdcScreen, ptDst, sizeNew, hdcMem, ptSrc, 0, BLENDFUNCTION, ULW_ALPHA
        ReleaseDC WIN32_NULL, hdcScreen
        DeleteDC hdcMem 'Releases hbm.
        DeleteObject hbm
    End Sub

Function OpenBinFile(filename As String, Optional ErrInfo As String) As Byte()
       '[mycode_id:1903],edittime:2011/7/11 13:27:34
    On Error Resume Next
    Dim hFile As Integer
    hFile = FreeFile
    Open filename For Binary As #hFile
    ReDim OpenBinFile(LOF(hFile) - 1)
    Get #hFile, , OpenBinFile
    Close #hFile
    End Function

Function SetAlphaColor(hWnd As Long, Optional AlphaColor As Long = vbBlue) As Long
        Dim rtn As Long
        rtn = GetWindowLong(hWnd, GWL_EXSTYLE)
        rtn = rtn Or WS_EX_LAYERED
        SetWindowLong hWnd, GWL_EXSTYLE, rtn
        SetLayeredWindowAttributes hWnd, AlphaColor, 0, LWA_COLORKEY
        SetLayeredWindowAttributes hWnd, AlphaColor, 100, LWA_COLORKEY
        SetAlphaColor = rtn
    End Function

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by Svetlana View Post
    Ooooo! It is really your great work! But in my case with PNG have I to make animation manually? Have I to make several PNGs from one GIF and switch them by Timer?
    But I have GIFs, and I think I will not make a shadow or semi-transparense or other effects with them. Can I use GIF animation, or it will flicker more?
    I use GIF animations in AlphaImg in transparent form over background form, and it flickers NOT.
    PNG is more high-quality, but more complex, especially in case of animation. Isn't it?
    if AlphaImg can show gif,and you did'nt need back image,AlphaImg maybe best

PowerPoster

why you use Frame control?
    like my sample,you can move more AlphaImage by vb6 code,like a group
    or you can make a transparent frame border picture by photoshop,

it you make a easy game for full screen,WS_EX_LAYERED forms with png file,it's nice for win7
    Create a full-screen background form, and then display multiple forms with other PNG images in a layered manner. The position can also be dragged at will. The main thing is to deal with the form and do not let it become the focus after clicking.

You can also synthesize multiple pictures into a single transparent picture in real time. If each picture needs to be moved or clicked, you need to identify which picture you clicked on, a certain coordinate, and if the upper layer is completely transparent, find the opaque layer in turn.
    Last edited by xiaoyao; Jul 31st, 2021 at 10:30 AM.

Many thanks again, dear Xiaoyao! I continue working with window EX_LAYERED as you adviced.

why you use Frame control?
    like my sample,you can move more AlphaImage by vb6 code,like a group
    Excuse me, I didn't understand. What a group of controls without Frame?
    I have many GIFs outside of screen, and I move them all moving Frame.

Hyperactive Member

Add frmSplash to the project, remove all elements from it, set the form property BorderStyle = 0. Using:
    Code:
    SetLayeredWindowAttributes hWnd, vbGreen, 0, LWA_COLORKEY
    form is transparent. I used green, you can use any other background color of your images that will become transparent. And then I can load regular .gif, .bmp with the appropriate background using:
    Code:
     frmSplash.Picture = LoadPicture ("File Name")
    the desired images in the desired order.
    frmSplash can be moved around the entire monitor screen with:
    Code:
    frmSplash.Move frmSplash.Left + offset, frmSplash.Top + offset
    based on monitor resolution:
    Code:
    offsetX * Screen.TwipsPerPixelX
    and
    Code:
    offset Y * Screen.TwipsPerPixelY
    I did the movement in a loop with pauses:
    Code:
    Public Declare Sub Sleep Lib "kernel32" (ByVal dwMilliseconds As Long)
    Call:
    Code:
     Sleep (time)
    With a delay of 100ms, the movement is quite smooth.
    Tek also used the delay in the cycle of changing pictures.

PowerPoster

This is a good way to change a color in the form to a transparent color. Then add multiple BMP pictures to the form, as long as its background color is the same color, it will be transparent.

PowerPoster

If you want to move 10 controls, you can write a simple code, such as using all the control names, the control array.
    Picture1 (0-10)
    Picture2 (0-10)
    As long as Picture1(0) is moved, the corresponding other controls Picture1(1-10) also move as a whole. As long as Picture2(0) is moved, the corresponding other controls Picture2(1-10) also move as a whole.
    It’s too simple. Didn’t I write an example?
    No need to use Frame control at all

Code:
    Dim xx, yy

Private Sub Picture1_MouseDown(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)
    DoMouseDown Button, X, Y
    End Sub

Private Sub Picture1_MouseMove(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)
        DoMove Button, X, Y
    End Sub

Private Sub Command2_MouseDown(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)
    DoMouseDown Button, X, Y
    End Sub

Private Sub Command2_MouseMove(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)
        DoMove Button, X, Y
    End Sub
    Sub DoMouseDown(Button As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)
    If Button = 1 Then
        xx = X
        yy = Y
    End If
    End Sub
    If Button = 1 Then
         Picture1.Left = Picture1.Left + X - xx
       Picture1.Top = Picture1.Top + Y - yy

Command2.Left = Command2.Left + X - xx
        Command2.Top = Command2.Top + Y - yy
    End If
    End Sub

PowerPoster

if you have two group controls,you also can you use

Move the control array together-VBForums
    https://www.vbforums.com/showthread....18#post5530418

Code:

Dim xx2, yy2
    Private Sub Picture2_MouseDown(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)
    DoMouseDown2 Button, X, Y
    End Sub

Private Sub Picture2b_MouseMove(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)
        DoMove2 Button, X, Y
    End Sub

Private Sub Picture2_MouseDown(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)
    DoMouseDown2 Button, X, Y
    End Sub

Private Sub Picture2b_MouseMove(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)
        DoMove Button2, X, Y
    End Sub

Sub DoMouseDown2(Button As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)
    If Button = 1 Then
        xx2 = X
        yy2 = Y
    End If
    End Sub
    If Button = 1 Then
         Picture2.Left = Picture1.Left + X - xx2
       Picture2.Top = Picture1.Top + Y - yy2

Picture2b.Left = Command2.Left + X - xx2
        Picture2b.Top = Command2.Top + Y - yy2
    End If
    End Sub
    Last edited by xiaoyao; Aug 2nd, 2021 at 03:52 AM.

Hyperactive Member

Then add multiple BMP pictures to the form, as long as its background color is the same color, it will be transparent.
    Yes. It's good for writing simple cartoons. If you use:
    Project -> Reference -> Microsoft Speech Object Library
    then at the time of the function call:
    Code:
    Voice.Speak "Hello! My name is Merlin.", SVSFlagsAsync
    frmSplash loses transparency and the background turns black. After the text message is cleared, the frmSplash background becomes transparent again. If you use a function:
    Code:
    Public Declare Function PlaySound Lib "winmm.dll" Alias "PlaySoundA" _
              (ByVal lpszName As String, ByVal hModule As Long, _
               ByVal dwFlags As Long) As Long
    PlaySound "0016.wav", 0 &, (SND_ASYNC Or SND_PURGE)
    then the transparency remains.

Xiaoyao, in your project "Move array controls together" there is code:
    Code:
        For Each Pic In ControlArr
         Pic.Left = Pic.Left + X - xx
         Pic.Top = Pic.Top + Y - yy
        Next
    So, if we have 20 small pictures that are visible and about 100 out of screen, this Sub() makes 120 operations and 20 real picture movings.
    But placing all these images on a Frame colored green (which is transparent as well as the form) allows this Sub() to have 1 operation to move them all.
    If moving is gradual (through Sleep), I think that 1 operation per moving cycle is better then 20 or 120.

In your example "Move control array together" I would place each group into individual frame and write such:

Code:

Private Sub Picture1_MouseMove(...)
        DoMove Picture1, Button, X, Y
    End Sub
    Private Sub Picture2_MouseMove(...)
        DoMove Picture2, Button, X, Y
    End Sub
    Sub DoMove (Group as Object, Button, X, Y):
       With Group.Parent   'that is their Frame
          .Move .Left + X - xx, .Top + Y - yy
       End With
    End Sub
    And if we have not 3 empty images but 30 colorful ones, I think my variant will be more smooth.

And if the Form is not full-screen but have dimensions, Frame will show the fragment of images, unlike moving whole transparent Form.
    Last edited by Svetlana; Aug 3rd, 2021 at 04:13 PM.