Thread: I graduated!!!

I graduated!!!

Long time no see guys. But you are not gonna believe this. I finally graduated college with a Computer Science degree!!!

Just one problem....

... its an Associates degree

Re: I graduated!!!

Is that bad? The degree plus your experience should serve you pretty well. What's your goal? Seems like you're well on your way to it, whatever it is.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    Is that bad? The degree plus your experience should serve you pretty well. What's your goal? Seems like you're well on your way to it, whatever it is.
    It'll be a long road but I'm hoping a doctorate. I'm gonna be 40 this year, so I see myself being a professor rather than a coder in 10 years. Well see what happens.

Also I changed my avatar :P

Professor!!!

That's an awesome goal.

Congrats

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Roman View Post
    ... its an Associates degree
    You say that like it's a bad thing... that's all I've got as well...

At any rate, well done and congratulations!

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

My transcripts have been updated

Name:  MDC Grades.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  84.3 KBName:  MDC GPA.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  79.5 KB

Just made it with a 3.78 GPA. Not bad.

Nice! Congratz!!
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

I don't know why, but I always thought you were around my age. In any point, congrats. That's phenomenal!
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

Dday9. Everytime I see your posts, I see a flea on my phone.

Was this all online? Did you have a ceremony (not just with friends and family)?

I remember my college graduation well.....or perhaps I should say that I remember a couple parts. One part was a mother walked past with some fancy camera that had an auto-winder. That was back in the days of film cameras, of course, and I could hear that shutter firing as she walked. Hope she had a roll of 36 exposures in there, that way, perhaps she had a few left she could take after blasting off a couple dozen, out of focus, shots of the pavement, which is where the camera was pointed.

The other thing I remember was that I almost got caught trying to break into the bell tower to replace the recorded bells with AC/DC's Hells Bells. I was in my gown and everything, and had to lie in the dust of a balcony, while a buddy of mine did an admirable job of playing dumb as to why he was up there when some admin people caught him. Never did get a chance to swap out the tape, but it would have been epic, had it been possible. The AC/DC version starts off with the tolling of that bell. Everybody would know right away that something wasn't right, but not all of them would have recognized what was coming until the guitar started.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    I was in my gown
    Errrr......what? lol
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

No it was not all online. Personally I hate online classes. Was forced to in some occasions due to the pandemic though. And what is really messed up is that my ceremony won't be until May 1st, 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Niya View Post
    Errrr......what? lol
    In the US, we wear some robes for graduation that look a whole lot like the dressing gowns of old, just with a different color. They're kind of pointless.

Congratulations! Though, I wish to ask, what is so important in graduating college there in the US? Will it provide more opportunities?
    Regards,

As a gesture of gratitude please consider rating helpful posts. c",)

Some stuffs: Mouse Hotkey | Compress file using SQL Server! | WPF - Rounded Combobox | WPF - Notify Icon and Balloon | NetVerser - a WPF chatting system

If his goal is to become a professor, then the answer is definitely yes. That career path would not be open to him without degrees.

PowerPoster

I'm retired, but when I was still a working hiring manager a degree in anything was almost a requirement.

I used to think that was insane, but soon discovered that a 4 year degree is meant to replace the high school diploma of old. High schools have been dumbed down that much, mainly for political reasons. The hope is that getting through college makes up for a general lack of education.