Thread: How to recognize dialog box in Edge with WEBVIEW2 (a substitute of "FindWindow")

Question How to recognize dialog box in Edge with WEBVIEW2 (a substitute of "FindWindow")

Hi, I had a project in IE that it used WEBBROWSER component, and FINDWINDOW to recognize the dialog box (the classic "Message from Webpage" to continue or other....)

I had to migrate it for use EDGE in place of IE and I passed to WEBVIEW2 with satisfaction, however (I managed to replicate almost everything)

Unfortunately with FINDWINDOW (and even with the spy++) there is no way to recognize the popup, when - as for IE - it shows up

Does anyone have suggestions for me to overcome the deadlock?

Thanks in advance and excuse me for my bad English

Claudio

Re: How to recognize dialog box in Edge with WEBVIEW2 (a substitute of "FindWindow")

nobody has any idea about it? really?

Re: How to recognize dialog box in Edge with WEBVIEW2 (a substitute of "FindWindow")

The most common use for such a thing would be for some form of automation or web scraping, which is strongly discouraged for the very reason that you have found. There is something about the web that causes web developers to be unable to resist tinkering with web pages incessantly. This means that automation tends to break routinely when what was a web control has turned into a glorified <p> tag, or something like that. For that reason, there may not be all that much experience out there with this. Personally, I stay away largely because I've known too many web developers.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    The most common use for such a thing would be for some form of automation or web scraping, which is strongly discouraged for the very reason that you have found. There is something about the web that causes web developers to be unable to resist tinkering with web pages incessantly. This means that automation tends to break routinely when what was a web control has turned into a glorified <p> tag, or something like that. For that reason, there may not be all that much experience out there with this. Personally, I stay away largely because I've known too many web developers.
    thanks for the answer, but I find it a bit controversial ...

in any case we hope to get out of it "alive", in the sense of finding a solution