Thread: [RESOLVED] Playing sound waves in IDE and Exe

Resolved [RESOLVED] Playing sound waves in IDE and Exe

Strangest thing this morning....

I've been using a JukeBox program I created about 10 years ago (and have been modifying over the years). Up until today, EVERYTHING worked as it should.

When I run my last executable(s), I hear the music being played on my speaker system. However, starting this morning, when I opened the project and ran it, I do not hear any music.

The Executable was created immediately after any changes were made in the IDE. (I even copied the entire project to another computer). Running the executable on the other computer works fine just like the executable on the original computer. But, running from the IDE on that second computer, same thing, no sound.

SO, I went to a back up of a few months ago and ran the executable...also works fine, but using THAT backup project IDE, no sound.

So, basically, in all copies of my Jukebox program, it works in the executables, but not the IDE.

WHATEVER could be the issue here?

(Other projects I have using the MMControl (as in the Jukebox program) work fine in both IDE and Exe.)
    Sam I am (as well as Confused at times).

PowerPoster

Re: Playing sound waves in IDE and Exe

Do the compiled programs play the music when you run them elevated?

Aside from that I'm not sure what might be different.

PowerPoster

you need upload project vb code

xi---can't WAY FAR TOO MANY LINES OF CODE

dile---Interesting...used a THIRD computer I had a recent copy and it ran fine on both IDE and EXE.
    Copied the entire thing to my main computer...nothing in IDE. SO, when I said above about that second computer, I actually ran it (in both IDE and EXE) FROM my main computer, I didn't go to my game room where that computer is located. (will do that while I reboot my main computer...as that is the ONLY thing I think is different.)

So, going to reboot. Test on this and 2nd computer, and then post results.

Re: [RESOLVED] Playing sound waves in IDE and Exe

Here WAS the issue....

The volume (under Settings, Sounds, etc) for the Jukebox program was 'somehow' set to 0 (I moved slider to the right...all is working fine).

I usually don't mess with sound settings (and definitely haven't in past few days), so don't know why it was reduced to zero.

Oh well, lesson learned.

Sammi