Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Go for the Olympics

PowerPoster

Resolved Go for the Olympics

Let’s talk about the Olympics, the masters showdown, one point difference
    Last edited by xiaoyao; Aug 9th, 2021 at 05:41 AM.

PowerPoster

Re: Go for the Olympics

Olympics? Isn't that dead already?

PowerPoster

Name:  01.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  35.7 KBName:  02.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  22.5 KB

Yang Qian won the first gold of the Chinese team in the Tokyo Olympics
    China News Service, Beijing, July 24. In the women's 10m air rifle finals of the Tokyo Olympics held on the 24th, Chinese athlete Yang Qian won the championship and won the first gold medal for the Chinese delegation. This is also the first gold medal born in this Tokyo Olympics.

PowerPoster

In the first qualifying round held in the morning, Yang Qian performed well in the first two groups, hitting 104.3 rings and 105.7 rings with 10 rounds respectively. However, in the third group, he scored several consecutive 10.1 rings, and the ranking fell to 14. Since then, her state has improved after adjustments, and finally ranked 6th in the 628.7 ring, and successfully advanced.

Although Yang Qian had a bad shot and only hit ten rings, he was overtaken by Galashna again. But Yang Qian played steadily, and in the final matchup between the two, they were only 0.1 ring away.

Only Yang Qian and Russia’s Garashna were left on the field. The last shot was the one to determine the gold medal. Everyone knows that only a 10.5 ring or more can be played in the game. This shot is the most tense one. Gun Yang Qian only hit 9.8 rings. I felt a chill in my heart at the time, feeling that I had lost the gold medal, and felt a pity in my heart. However, the Russian player Garashna made a bigger mistake and only hit 8.9 rings. In the end, Yang Qian won the championship with a total score of 251.8 rings and won the first gold in the Tokyo Olympics.

PowerPoster

At the 2004 Athens Olympics, the American star Emmons, in the final moments of the men’s 50-meter rifle final, was dizzy and hit someone else’s target. The Bulgarian player Lecheva, who repeatedly broke the world record for 15 years, has been there for 4 consecutive times. Missed the gold medal at the Olympics. Many famous sharpshooters hate the shooting range not because of technical flaws, but because of "psychological bumps."

The shooting contest is mainly a "psychological contest." Among them, the share of mental, technical and physical load is 7 to 2 to 1.

King of sapila

As Greek that we invented the Olympics, I feel the obligation to ask for an apology on this crap that they became.
    So, I'm sorry.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

PowerPoster

Shooting, in the end, both sides made mistakes and did not play normally. The Chinese team narrowly won, with a gap of only 0.1 points. In the end, they won with 8.9 points and 9.8 points.
    For the second gold medal, the women's 49 kg weightlifting competition, the Chinese team easily won.
    China's third gold medal: fencing. Sun Yiwen's opponent in the final was Popescu from Romania. The Romanian team kept attacking. Sun Yiwen mainly adopted a counter-defensive offensive. Once he was penalized with a red card because he was unable to defend and attack by double-clicking. In the end, Sun Yiwen narrowly won.
    The world-class competition is too fierce.

PowerPoster

Only 12 years old! The youngest Olympic athlete is regrettably out! Liu Jia: Very talented and needs to be trained

The unknown Liu Jia may be rarely known in China, but in Austria, she is an absolute star. She and the Austrian men’s singles are Austrian
    Synonymous with table tennis. Austria, like its neighboring countries Switzerland and Germany, is a country with a slow pace of life. Liu Jia enjoys the tranquility of Austria very much. But in the conversation, Liu Jia always reveals the longing for his hometown of Beijing. Liu Jia now lives in Linz, Austria. As a sports star, she is often recognized by strange table tennis enthusiasts on the street.

King of sapila

I'm unsubscribing as I know what will happen...

PowerPoster

China has the largest population, and it is not uncommon for it to have a large number of gold medals. It has many gold medals and the total number of medals is 1st to 3rd in the world.
    It was unexpected that the United States did not win a medal on the first day.
    But in some countries, athletes are treated better, and some people start early. Sometimes competition between the same country is fierce.
    However, relatively speaking, the population of India is almost similar to that of China, ranking 12th. Perhaps India has a larger population, and the number of people infected with the new crown has always been inaccurate.
    Italy ranks 2nd, Japan 3rd, and South Korea 4th. They are all very good.

Actually, it was completely expected that the US wouldn't get on the board early. The early events aren't ones that are of great interest in the US.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

PowerPoster

Why does the number of gold medals in the Olympic Games China never surpass that of the United States?
    Why can the number of gold medals in the United States remain the first? Is it because of the amount of money invested? Or is it because it really pays more attention to sports, sports for all?

The advantage of the United States is probably reflected in the selection of the best talents to the utmost extent, which is an advantage of the system. Make full use of the advantages brought by objective conditions such as race, region, gene, etc. Take my country’s swimming as an example. Most swimming champions come from Zhejiang. This is not to say that Zhejiang swimming is good at swimming or that the water towns in the south of the Yangtze River are good at swimming, but Zhejiang has a better development of swimming pools, and it seems that swimming in the entrance examination for high school entrance examination. , Forget it, there are not many swimming pools in a provincial capital. It is still related to the level of economic development. For many Chinese people, life is still difficult, and physical exercise is even more luxurious. Sports technology is also not good! There are several sports majors in the country that are the focus! And there is no powerful sports company, and there is no society.

Does China have Seven Foot Tall basketball players?
    Does China have a basketball team...that wins many medal for ONE Sport?

Are there any other sports that China doesn't participate in?
    Wi-fi went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family....They seem like nice people.

PowerPoster

The Chinese women's volleyball team and Turkey lost terribly. The other side often smashed strongly and couldn't prevent it.

PowerPoster

Former player, Sun Zhe. Nearly 30-year-old Sun Zhe is 2.20 meters tall, and there are several more than 2 meters tall. I don’t know how tall the participants are now.

1. Men's Team

Hu Jinqiu, 24 years old, 2.11 meters

Gao Shiyan, 25 years old, 1.85 meters

Li Haonan, 22 years old, 1.97 meters

Yan Peng, 25 years old, 1.97 meters

2. Women's Team
    Zhang Zhiting, 26 years old, 1.95 meters
    Yang Shuyu, 19 years old, 1.84 meters
    Wang Lili, 29 years old, 1.7 meters
    Wanjiyuan, 19 years old, 1.86 meters

PowerPoster

I used to read the memoirs of a weightlifter from the former Soviet Union, saying that he took part in a competition and did not eat much for four days in order to lose weight. On the day of the game, before the game was weighed, the coach was very happy and asked him to eat something to prepare for the game, and he was busy with other things. As a result, he was hungry for too long. The coach didn’t stare at the meal, so he couldn’t take it anymore. In his own words, “When the coach came back, the food in my stomach was full of my throat, so I just squatted. Can’t go on..." As a result, all three trials failed.

PowerPoster

The controversy over Mosquela's change of sentence occurred in his third clean and jerk. At that time, Mosquela successfully lifted 180 kilograms, but he put down the barbell in advance without the referee ringing the bell. The referee's penalty was invalid. Subsequently, the Colombian team launched a challenge, and finally the Arbitration Commission decided that his 180 kg trial was successful. Fortunately, for the second try, the Chen Li army, who had a last stand, successfully lifted 187 kilograms in one fell swoop, and locked in the championship by reversing plus + lore

PowerPoster

The Chinese women's volleyball team lost, the Turkish team had a 60% spiking success rate, and China only had 35%.
    The Turkish team is in excellent condition, with 77 deductions and 46 of the offensive, and the offensive and defensive ends defeated the Chinese team. The top star Kara Kurt made 16 of 27 dunks and scored a game-high 18 points. The Chinese team's spiking success rate was only 28 in 80, and only Zhang Changning scored in double figures. She scored 13 points in 9 of 21 deductions.

PowerPoster

I'm not rooting for or against any person, team, or country. I just want to see top performances, regardless of the flag sewn to their uniform. And I know I'm not alone.

For example, USA potentially winning or losing a basketball gold medal affects hundreds of millions of Americans in no discernible, perceptible, or tangible way, shape, or form.

"My dad can beat up your dad" mentality is for elementary schoolers, even when it is supersized.

I just watched a handball game. I have never seen that game before, only heard about it. I found it very odd. The rules seemed pretty clear, but the goal of the goalies is clearly not decorum. It seemed inefficient, and the court seemed needlessly large. Both teams used the same strategy on defense almost the whole time, whereas the offense made little sense to me. It was just a matter of, "quickly pass the ball from person to person, without even looking towards the goal, or pausing long enough to do so." Meanwhile, the defenders didn't move around much, so they were barely reacting to all this passing. Eventually, the offensive players would move around a bit, then one of them would run forwards and shoot. All the preamble seemed mostly pointless.

It was a strange game.

As for basketball, the first year they let the pros play, we sent a team that included four hall of fame players and destroyed everybody. Now, it appears that none of the biggest names in the game are playing for the US. What we have sent amounts to "the best of the rest", and it's a team that might not be able to beat either of the teams that just played for the NBA Championship. In a way, that makes the games better for everybody, as the other countries aren't playing for second place, but it also makes it kind of lame. The Olympics should bring the top each country has in any sport that they compete in. We sure aren't doing that with basketball, which means some countries are sending their top basketball players, while we've sent, "those willing and able to show up." Who feels good about that?

Superbly Moderated NeedSomeAnswers's Avatar

I just watched a handball game
    Yes handball is a very weird game, and not a very popular sport even in the countries that are good at it, not sure why it is an Olympic Sport.

As for basketball, the first year they let the pros play, we sent a team that included four hall of fame players and destroyed everybody. Now, it appears that none of the biggest names in the game are playing for the US.
    Yep nobodys like Kevin Durant, Jrue Holliday, Damian Lillard were playing for the US in the loss to France !!!

Yes i do get that the like of Curry & James are not there, but on top of those 3 you guys have Draymond Green, Devin Booker & Khris Middleton in the team.

You team is still stacked, not sure your coach is very good and other teams in the world now normally have NBA players and are generally quite a bit better than they used to be. The USA team has to do more than just turn up to win !
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you

King of sapila

Hey!!
    Sir!Sir! Here, here! Me too!!
    We also won the USA team in 2006! Although it was for the World Cup no the Olympics.

Now out of a strange collapse of event Yannis and bros are playing for Greece! Lol! We will take the world cup without lifting a finger, if the NBA league let them play anytime soon

PowerPoster

Many referees were unfair, and China won several gold medals in the shooting competition. I feel that this is the real 100% fairness, full electronic scoring. The table tennis game has set new rules. It is not allowed to breathe at the ball or touch the table with your hands. This completely unfair practice is an illegal clause deliberately aimed at the habits of some Chinese athletes. If some athletes mainly hit the ball with their left hand, it would be unfair if the Olympic Committee sets a rule that they are not allowed to use their left hand.

PowerPoster

The Olympics is meant for the whole world, like South Korea and Japan, which have a small population and a small area, but they can get so many medals. It's really great.

PowerPoster

The United States has won 25 gold, silver and bronze medals, China has 21, Japan has 18, and India has only one silver medal.

The Indian government said it would provide generous bonuses to more than 200 athletes. As long as the shooting team can get the first gold medal, they can get 3 million yuan from India. New Delhi will normally provide 94,000 U.S. dollars in bonuses to Indian players who have won gold medals, 67,000 U.S. dollars in silver medals, and 14,000 U.S. dollars in bronze medals.
    Indian society is obsessed with turning their children into doctors and engineers. Approximately 2.5 million young children prepare to take medical and engineering exams every year. And this eternal cycle continues.

Relatively speaking, sports as a profession is a high-risk business. People in underdeveloped countries don't care about high-risk, high-return efforts because they focus on surviving fierce competition.

Under such conditions and circumstances, it is very difficult for India to become a major Olympic country. In India, sports are seen as a hobby, not a good career. Most Indians focus on making a living, not pursuing their sports interests.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaoyao View Post
    I feel that this is the real 100% fairness, full electronic scoring.
    Yeah, you're probably right about that. There's always been a LOT of subjectivity to scoring for some sports, like gymnastics. Unfortunately, electronic scoring is often not possible, at this point, for a whole lot of sports. Of course, that has always been the case. In any sport that has league play, such as football (pick your type, and your country), the referees are not without bias in their calls, and never will be. It's just part of the game, though.

The table tennis game has set new rules. It is not allowed to breathe at the ball or touch the table with your hands. This completely unfair practice is an illegal clause deliberately aimed at the habits of some Chinese athletes.
    It isn't at all illegal. That's probably not the word that you meant. It might be unfair, but I'd say it probably isn't. In the US, we play a lot of baseball. The rules on tampering with the ball are pretty strict, carefully written, and often enforced (that comes and goes). The rules you mention for table tennis (breathing on the ball) sound a whole lot like the rules about altering baseballs, and I would not be surprised to find out that the rules in table tennis were added for the same reason.

The rule on not touching the table with your hands is different. I don't know what that's about, but I can't say it surprises me any. I didn't think that was a thing. I can't recall ever touching the table while playing table tennis. Between matches, sure, but not while playing.

Under such conditions and circumstances, it is very difficult for India to become a major Olympic country. In India, sports are seen as a hobby, not a good career. Most Indians focus on making a living, not pursuing their sports interests.
    You dont know what your talking about, of course sport is seen as a good career in India just not Olympic sport.

India is Cricket mad they have the biggest and most lucrative Cricket tournament in the world the IPL and have some of the biggest Cricket stars in the world.

In India the Top Cricket players like there captain Virat Kohli are bigger than Hollywood movie stars in fact Kohli is probably more famous in India than almost any other sports person is in there country !!!
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you

PowerPoster

The German gold medal only has a prize of 20,000 euros. This time Japan seems to be inevitable for the total number of gold medals, and a large number of judo gold medals. The Chinese team feels overwhelmed. The United States is too strong to defeat, but it is unexpected that Japan is so strong, and Russia is also good.

Russia is always good. The question is whether or not you believe it.

I personally didn't know of anyone who actually watched the Olympics until this year when a new hire with the company brought up that was excited about a certain event.

It was just something that never really interested me or the people I hung out with.

Then again if you look sports in the US, it is a very tribal affair. I am an absolute huge LSU and Saints fan (even during the 90s which was rough for both teams), but how tribal can you get with the Olympics other than a gut level "my country beat that other country's butt!"? Heck, tribalism in US sports goes so deep as a fan poisoning famous trees.
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

PowerPoster

In fact, I am concerned about the Olympic events and hope that my country can win. Even if you fail, you can learn from experience and understand the strength of other countries. It's just that some events have a poor national level, and watching the game is completely passive, which requires a strong psychological acceptance. Sometimes it's like watching a horror movie.

In some respects, it may be difficult to catch up after 10 years. For some advantageous projects, other countries are catching up quickly.
    Although many aspects of the Olympic Games are unfair, it is not ruled out that the host country cheats in favor of its own country or strikes against certain countries. There has never been absolute fairness, this is relatively fair. Think about the International Space Station. It was launched into space in 1998. Unfortunately, China has been excluded from it for 24 years. It is not allowed to experiment or study.
    At least the Olympics, the United States has no way to force China not to participate

Then again if you look sports in the US, it is a very tribal affair. I am an absolute huge LSU and Saints fan
    Team sports across the world are very Tribal, its part of there nature. If you look at some of the football rivalry's in Europe in England, Italy, Spain, Turkey etc you can find plenty of examples of it.

When I was at University in Sheffield (in Yorkshire, England) over 20 years ago I lived near a major Football Stadium, I went out to do my shopping and as I was walking back two bags of shopping my hands in my own world, suddenly a brick smashed into the floor about 5 meters in front of me on the road, then a beer bottle.

I looked up and there was several hundred fans fighting and throwing things at each other in the middle of the road, needless to say I quickly headed for a back street and got out the way.

It wasn't even a particularly big game, but apparently the fans hated each other. You dont see that so often in English football anymore thankfully but there are still intense historic rivalries.

It was just something that never really interested me or the people I hung out with.
    I used to run as a kid 800 / 1500 meters and did a few event for the school but then went on to play team sports instead, however it certainly gave me an appreciation of Athletics and that was mainly what I watched the Olympics for.

Today I get almost as much pleasure watching people compete in obscure sports at the Olympics that I wouldn't watch otherwise especially when they medal unexpectedly. There is some really great drama and in the UK at least the BBC is pretty good at explaining and putting these sports on show. (despite Discovery+ buying up most of the rights limiting how many events they can show at the same time to 2)

I have heard that US NBC coverage is a bit crap this year but I haven't seen it myself !

Quote Originally Posted by NeedSomeAnswers View Post
    I have heard that US NBC coverage is a bit crap this year but I haven't seen it myself !
    I haven't had that issue. At least I don't think it's crap. But then I have access to all the channels. If you only have OTA NBC, then yeah, I can see how it's crap, but that's how it's always been. The only problem I've had is when an event starts early and the guide on Hulu doesn't update. Example, last night I was scrolling through and saw that mens volleyball was coming up at the top of the hour. Cool... so I was watching something else. A couple minutes later, they did a side by side, showing the game already in progress... grrr.... But eh... that's the nature of live events.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Quote Originally Posted by NeedSomeAnswers View Post
    I used to run as a kid 800 / 1500 meters
    Yeah, that's all that I feel like running, too. By that time, you've either gotten away from what's chasing you, caught what you're chasing, or you never will.

I'm still willing to run that far, even all at once.

PowerPoster

The Olympic coverage is fine, the usual. You can enjoy it or hate it, but that's on you. Was talking to a good friend of mine yesterday, he asked if I'd been watching and I said yes some of it. He said he and his wife watched 30min of the opening ceremony and turned it off, to political. He's not going to watch any of it. lol

I've been recording it, then I'll watch a 4hr show in about 30min. Throw out the commercials, the hype and thing that don't interest you. Plus it's fun to watch volleyball at 2x speed.

I recently threw this out into a group as a proposal to change the Olympics:

I want to see three types of Olympics… same events for each one… First category: Consists of the everyday average Joes. Random people go. No try outs or anything. You put your name in a hat, it gets drawn, you go. Anyone who doesn’t do it professionally, or in college can go. Second: The Athlete category, this is what we are accustomed to. Tryouts, we send our very best, non-juiced people. Third Category: The Jacked. This is where we send all the PEDS we can find. No restrictions. The more drugs, the better. When the weight lifter clear 1000 pounds on a clean and jerk, I want to see the veins pop, and his heart explode, right there. Usain Bolt… yeah, lets give him all the speed he wants and see how fast he can really go…. 4 minute mile? No problem. How about 2 minutes?

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

PowerPoster

Japan has won 11 judo medals, including 9 gold medals. China and the United States did not receive any awards for the competition.
    Russia won 3 bronze medals. I feel this is too abnormal.
    48KG, 52KG, 57KG, 60KG, almost 4KG set a medal, it is too unfair, just 1KG won a medal, let him get 100 judo gold medals, Japan won 90, the world's first gold medal?

PowerPoster

Sometimes, the Olympics is more than just a global sports competition. In fact, military hegemony, economic closure, patent wars, etc. are all one thing, open and secret competition, and illegal malicious attacks. It has always been the strong who set the rules, and many of them are unfair.
    With the Olympics, there is only one more opportunity to openly understand the spirit of a small number of countries around the world.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by techgnome View Post
    Third Category: The Jacked. This is where we send all the PEDS we can find. No restrictions. The more drugs, the better. When the weight lifter clear 1000 pounds on a clean and jerk, I want to see the veins pop, and his heart explode, right there. Usain Bolt… yeah, lets give him all the speed he wants and see how fast he can really go…. 4 minute mile? No problem. How about 2 minutes?
    -tg
    It's been done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAdG-iTilWU

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast