Thread: [VB6] import modern controls in vb6

Addicted Member

[VB6] import modern controls in vb6

Is there any way to system controls and buttons without using the COMDLG.dll defaults which are standard vb6 controls and make modern picturebox, modern buttons, of course there is language limitation but just to make it visually pleasing.

I would also like to know if there is a way to compile in another way for 64x?

Addicted Member

Re: [VB6] import modern controls in vb6

CommonControls (Replacement of the MS common controls) is from the codebank. Would this be a solution for you?

In regards to x64, VB 6.0 only creates 32-bit .EXEs and 32-bit COM .DLLs.

You can, however, use a DLLSurrogate to call a 32-bit COM .DLL from a 64-bit application. Is that what you are wanting to do?

Joe

PowerPoster

It is hard to tell what it being asked here. It might be as simple as using a manifest that selects the Common Controls 6 assembly (and without crashes if you are still supporting Windows versions prior to 10).

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Caverly View Post
    CommonControls (Replacement of the MS common controls) is from the codebank. Would this be a solution for you?

In regards to x64, VB 6.0 only creates 32-bit .EXEs and 32-bit COM .DLLs.

You can, however, use a DLLSurrogate to call a 32-bit COM .DLL from a 64-bit application. Is that what you are wanting to do?

Joe
    Thanks, it's not exactly what I was looking for, I'm looking for responsive graphics that adapts to the system but with windows 7 graphics I'm satisfied because it's more pleasing to the eyes, and from what I saw in Krooll's work I can see that on top of that comes with special character support I will try to insert in my visual studio 98 from vb6.

As for the architecture in this case was it really my final Executable or control really being a 64x app because it would be really fun this being a native standard of today but even being 32 it is still very useful, but there is no way to compile on 32 or any library that do it or convert it?

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    It is hard to tell what it being asked here. It might be as simple as using a manifest that selects the Common Controls 6 assembly (and without crashes if you are still supporting Windows versions prior to 10).
    I think of something like Joe said but dynamic but from what I saw it has to be adapted to each system, so I'm already happy with the result obtained by Kroll's post.