Thread: Setup file created with downloaded from website shows error : Unknown Publisher

Hyperactive Member

Setup file created with downloaded from website shows error : Unknown Publisher

Hello everyone,

Please have a look on attached files, I designed a small project on VS-2013 and created setup.msi from install shield then I uploaded my setup.msi file on my website so that my clients can download and run the msi file. When my client downloaded and ran the msi file is shows an error : Unknown Publisher (see attached file).

My question is
    How to get rid of "Windows Protected your PC"
    How to add publisher name on my setup.msi
    How to Digitally sign setup file.

Please help me out

Thank you
    Ladak
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Re: Setup file created with downloaded from website shows error : Unknown Publisher

This question has nothing to do with VB.NET and belongs in the Application Deployment forum. I have asked the mods to move it.

Re: Setup file created with downloaded from website shows error : Unknown Publisher

Quote Originally Posted by accmaster View Post
    How to Digitally sign setup file.
    What do you not understand about the information you found when you searched for it on the web for yourself? There's no point our explaining what you already know and there's no need for us to tell you what you can easily find out for yourself. Also, that looks like a link on that dialogue. Did you click it? What did it do? What did it tell you to do?

Thread moved to the 'Application Deployment' forum, which is where questions about installing/distributing your software belong