Thread: Is there a *.dll net 4.0 library that reads QR codes for webcams in C# ?

Fanatic Member

Is there a *.dll net 4.0 library that reads QR codes for webcams in C# ?

Almost all libraries that read QR codes via webcam use net 4.5 or higher. I want to find a QR code reader library with net version 4.0 ?

Re: Is there a *.dll net 4.0 library that reads QR codes for webcams in C# ?

Do any of the ones you have found provide source code that you could recompile under .NET 4.0, possibly making changes if required?

Fanatic Member

I have few examples of this but those libraries must use net 4.5 or higher like:
    AForge.dll
    AForge.Video.DirectShow.dll
    AForge.Video.dll
    DarrenLee.Media.dll
    zxing.dll
    zxing.presentation.dll

Besides the above company, is there any other company that has the above features such as support for net 4.0 library ?
    Last edited by dong; Jun 25th, 2021 at 03:46 AM.

https://www.nuget.org/packages/BarCode/ - claims to only require 4.0

https://github.com/codebude/QRCoder/ - OSS so might be able to recompile if it needs 4.5 or higher

Quote Originally Posted by dong View Post
    I have few examples of this but those libraries must use net 4.5 or higher like:
    AForge.dll
    AForge.Video.DirectShow.dll
    AForge.Video.dll
    DarrenLee.Media.dll
    zxing.dll
    zxing.presentation.dll

Besides the above company, is there any other company that has the above features such as support for net 4.0 library ?
    Thanks for not answering the question that I actually asked.

Fanatic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmcilhinney View Post
    Thanks for not answering the question that I actually asked.
    I have not understood your question. I want to find a net 4.0 library that supports webcams to read QR codes, so that I can use it for computers with weak configurations. You want to ask me anything ?

You want to ask me anything ?
    I already did, but you chose not to answer it. You implied that you had already found some libraries that targeted .NET 4.5 or above. I asked whether any of those libraries came with source code that you could recompile against .NET 4.0, with appropriate modifications if required. What's not to understand?

Fanatic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmcilhinney View Post
    I already did, but you chose not to answer it. You implied that you had already found some libraries that targeted .NET 4.5 or above. I asked whether any of those libraries came with source code that you could recompile against .NET 4.0, with appropriate modifications if required. What's not to understand?
    The libraries I found do not support webcam net 4.0, some of the links all you put up I tested do not support webcams, those links read image files that do not support webcam

The libraries I found do not support webcam net 4.0, some of the links all you put up I tested do not support webcams, those links read image files that do not support webcam
    So can any of them work with an in memory image? If so why not find a library that lets you capture a webcam image and then use that with the QR library?

Fanatic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlausiblyDamp View Post
    So can any of them work with an in memory image? If so why not find a library that lets you capture a webcam image and then use that with the QR library?
    If I can't find the 4.0 library that supports webcam, I'll take your way and take a QR photo