Thread: [RESOLVED] form with images loading super slow

Resolved [RESOLVED] form with images loading super slow

Hi all.
    Just trying out some ideas on an Access form and found that just two or three very small images placed in image controls cause my form to take a solid minute or longer to load, on a pretty fast computer.

I said the picture type was Linked, not Embedded
    Then I set .Picture to the file on my computer, e.g. "C:\image1.jpg"

Super slow loading and these are very small jpegs.

On a followup note, once the form loads, I can change the images on the form programmatically (button click) and they happen pretty fast.

Am I doing it wrong?
    Thanks.
    Wen Gang, Programmer
    VB6, QB, HTML, ASP, VBScript, Visual C++, Java

Re: form with images loading super slow

Hey all. After messing around with it, I found that it wasn't even the images. I removed the images and found that it was still taking minutes for the form to go from design view to form view. Then I tried another form and the same thing. I never saw this before. I did some reading and two things were suggested: 1. instead of going from design view to form view, save all work on the design view, close the form, and then open it directly (doubleclick) without having the form open in design view, and 2) close the property box before trying to run the form and also close the property box that is open in the VB editor. I tried both of these and the db started acting normal again. All the images loaded instantly. Not sure what causes this problem, but between these two workarounds, something solved it.
    Wen Gang, Programmer
    VB6, QB, HTML, ASP, VBScript, Visual C++, Java