Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Racial tensions solved

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Re: Racial tensions solved

Why make up lies???
    Not lies. I quoted what you actually wrote in your posts. You went on to qualify it after I quoted it.

The "It has nothing to do with race" just means all races have some people that chose to take advantage of resources and some that don't.
    But you're still failing to offer any explanation as to why people of colour have a disproportionate number of people who don't

I just have a problem with blaming 100% of the income gap on racism.
    But nobody has. I pointed out that there was an extremely significant correlation between race and median income. Implicit in that is that race is an extremely significant factor in determining outcome. At no point have I said it's the only factor - that hyperbole is your own creation.

Sorry, I sticking with the "dropping it" option
    That's absolutely fair enough and I have no desire to keep whaling on you - outside of this topic I suspect we're probably pretty close on matters of principle. But if you're going to start a thread on racial tensions then you've got to be ready for people to discuss racism in that thread and that people are going to engage with and push back on things you say that they disagree with. That's just healthy debate.

You might notice that I've engaged almost exclusively with you in this thread and simply not responded to other posters I disagree with. That's because, of the posters in this thread with whom I disagree, it feels like you're the one who's actually worth engaging with.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDexter View Post
    That's absolutely fair enough and I have no desire to keep whaling on you -
    That's good, because doing so is banned by most countries as you can see in this link which is TOTALLY relevant to this discussion
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

PowerPoster

Correlation does not prove cause, by the way. That's just magical thinking.

But a strong correlation does make the case for deeper examination.

Here's another hypothesis worth examination:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123