Thread: What is the short way out to import the particular files when creating New project ?

Addicted Member

What is the short way out to import the particular files when creating New project ?

Hello

Project Name: C:\VBNET19\Proj\ComboBoxProjects\ComboBoxes4

This is what is looked like on Screen
    OS(C>VBNET19>Proj>ComboBoxProjects>ComboBoxes4

Hidden folder is displayed as .vs

Folder bin
    Folder MyProject
    Folder Obj

App.Config
    ComboBoxes4.sln
    ComboBoxes4.Vbproj
    ufComboBoxes4.Designer.vb
    ufComboBoxes4.resx
    ufComboBoxes4.vb
    When Above Project ComboBoxes4 is directly opened from the folder
    we see the following

ufComboBoxes4.vb which seems to be VB.Net programming editor
    ufComboBoxes4.vb[Design] seems to be VB.Net Frm file or a Form file

Questions
    1. What is the short way out to import the above particular files when creating New project all together in Vb.Net19 ?
    NOTE: When you create a folder from directory ie not opening VS just created a folder but
    for Creating New project We open VS>Create New Project and if we type the Folder name which was created outside VS.
    it mentions"Folder already created" in this case i've to rename the folder from VS

2. Will it be feasable or practical to open 2 projects at a time ?

3. By the way what is solution explorer ?

As i am slowly getting used to VB.Net enviornment now is the time for doing the above tasks quicker and safely

Thanks
    SamD
    Thread 4: 892203

Re: What is the short way out to import the particular files when creating New projec

1. What is the short way out to import the above particular files when creating New project all together in Vb.Net19 ?
    The easiest way I have found is have both projects opened (which answers another question of yours) and:
    1) create a new form in Project B that has the same properties as the one in project A
    2) double click on the form in project B to create the class
    3) select all objects on the form in project A (Ctrl+A) and copy them (Ctrl+C)
    4) paste the copied objects into the form in project B (Ctrl+V)
    5) select all the coded content contained inside of the form in Project A class
    6) remove any code inside the class of project B and paste the copied code into project B public class
    7) begin the task of fixing errors

I am sure there has to be an easier way, but that is the easiest way I have found. I have tried to do the 'Export' option with forms, but it never works out for me. Every time I have tried another method, I always end up going back to the above method.

2. Will it be feasable or practical to open 2 projects at a time ?
    Yes, but it can be confusing looking at two instances of VS. It does help to have two monitors though. Either case, I make a backup copy of the one that I am opening on the side, just in case I accidentally save over something I didn't mean to.

How I have found to open up two projects at once is to right click on the icon for Visual Studio and select 'Visual Studio 20XX'. This will bring up a new instance of the program. From there, load in your other project.

3. By the way what is solution explorer ?
    The solution explorer is a file tree system that shows your project an all contained files, subs, references, functions, web services, etc., all in one display box. It is the quickest method from jumping to one form/item to another.

This is located on the right hand side of the screen, directly under the minimize, maximize and close (X) buttons on the default layout of VS. If you do not see this, you can enable it by going to View > Solution Explorer.
    Last edited by Frabulator; Jun 11th, 2021 at 06:18 AM.
    Oops, There it goes. Yep... my brain stopped...

Useful Things:

How to link your VB.Net application to Excel

Addicted Member

Re: What is the short way out to import the particular files when creating New projec

Frabulator
    Indeed Appreciate your guidance and instructions. Seems Scary but i have no alternative but to follow the instructions to your reply to my question 1.

Thanks
    SamD
    Thread 4: 892203