Thread: About using a video file embedded on a resource RES file

About using a video file embedded on a resource RES file

Hello dudes, here i am again for working on the Forum and projects of some sorts, even like so.

I am trying to have a single video file from my RES file, to be deployed on the current system machine. Then to play the video file, and after deleting it, after the app, has finished using it. However further more, how do you make RESX files, in VS2019. I am using then the older versions of the file formats and wanting to come up with something quite flash and bang, good and very good again, even so. Also when i compile the file to a DLL file, it comes up to the file size volume of 6.50KB and no mattter what i do to add to the source code, the build is the very same, all of the file. i have about tweleve resource files in my project, and they have something like 512Mb in my source coded resource files, in general and most of the time, they have something like twenty video files, in them, even so. Also this means that i am totally unable to post the source code, here on this forum, because of the volume of data, that is required to do so, then more over, i am trying to keep this stuff hush hush before i am finished with it, even like that one for me to work out, then the kinginks in the app...

!! Thanks in advance !!
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

Re: About using a video file embedded on a resource RES file

I know that with the compiler that I use (Inno) you can set what files you want to be transferred to your product's installation directory. The files themselves do not have to be inside the published application itself.

You could have the video present upon install. When the program runs for the first time, and the video is played, delete it from the directory file of the program.

I do not know if the program itself would need to have elevated permission to delete something from its own directory, but that is what I would try first.
    Oops, There it goes. Yep... my brain stopped...

Useful Things:

How to link your VB.Net application to Excel

Quote Originally Posted by Frabulator View Post
    I know that with the compiler that I use (Inno) you can set what files you want to be transferred to your product's installation directory. The files themselves do not have to be inside the published application itself.

You could have the video present upon install. When the program runs for the first time, and the video is played, delete it from the directory file of the program.

I do not know if the program itself would need to have elevated permission to delete something from its own directory, but that is what I would try first.
    We use Inno as well, and I think you may have problems deleting it if it's installed in the program files directory. You could instruction Inno to install it elsewhere though using anyone of the directory constants.
    Process control doesn't give you good quality, it gives you consistent quality.
    Good quality comes from consistently doing the right things.

Vague general questions have vague general answers.
    A $100 donation is required for me to help you if you PM me asking for help. Instructions for donating to one of our local charities will be provided.

Well in my VB6 version of the app, i had it drawn data and deploy the video file to the root drive of the C: location, then
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

Frenzied Member

The root directory? Shouldn't temporary file folders be used for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Swinkels View Post
    The root directory? Shouldn't temporary file folders be used for that?
    Sadly, windows 10 is funny with its temp folders. I have had several instances where errors were thrown because users didnt have access to their temp files.

Useful Things:

i guess so???

Quote Originally Posted by ThEiMp View Post
    i guess so???
    I have been putting mine temp files here:

Code:
    Public Temp As String = Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.Personal) & "\PROGRAM_NAME\"
    Seems to work fine

Useful Things:

okay, sounds nice to see that, like so