Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Windows 11 coming soon

Re: Windows 11 coming soon

This thread is geting rather juicy
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

PowerPoster yereverluvinuncleber's Avatar

A new version of the o/s? They are just pissing around with the UI again, rounded corners - my arse...

As if rounded corners, some new icons and a rejigged start menu make a new o/s?

If I came up with a Linux distro with those changes that claimed to be a new o/s - I'd be laughed at.

!! Lol !!
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

PowerPoster

We'll just have to wait and see.

You can already customize Win10 a good deal without slopping on some 3rd party skinbag. I removed junklists from the taskbar, turned the Quick Launch bar back on, turned the Search Bar off, and even have Gadgets back.

That sounds, quite right. Why would we have the search bar, on the TaskBar, anyway???

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by ThEiMp View Post
    That sounds, quite right. Why would we have the search bar, on the TaskBar, anyway???
    I actually use it quite a lot. I really do not like the way they did the start menu. Let's say for example you want to run notepad and you do not have it pinned nor a shortcut to it on your desktop. Finding it in that start menu can be a pain but you can just type the first 1 or two characters into the search box and there it is. On my system if I type N into the box I get Notepad and Notepad++ as the top to links much faster and easier than scrolling through the Windows 10 start menu

But at the price of progress, i guess so

PowerPoster

With the Search box turned off you can still click the "Start" button (or bash the Windows key) and begin typing to search. No need to take up TaskBar space.

Windows is getting better with it's flexablity, and then with more coding has made it a memory hog of my 8Gb RAM system, even so

Man, I remember when a Windows 3.11, came on three 3.5" 1.44Mb floppy disks, and it was considered to be programmatically sound

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    With the Search box turned off you can still click the "Start" button (or bash the Windows key) and begin typing to search. No need to take up TaskBar space.
    You can put the search as an icon. Now I don't remember how I've done that.

Name:  tb.png
Views: 503
Size:  20.0 KB

PowerPoster

You can turn the redundant icon off as well. You can also eliminate "powned to Taskbar" to make things even better.

Does builtin search work for you? My experience is that it often stalls on various Win10 installations, is very slow and returns a lot of useless results. On recent releases I'm unable to even find program's main shortcut in Start Menu->Programs for a just installed application.

https://www.voidtools.com/ - I've been using Everything for searching for everything on my disks for quite some time now and it's such a joy. It directly reads (and caches) the NTFS logs so catching up on modifications (reindexing) is instantaneous.

cheers,
    </wqw>

That sounds great. i turned it completely off and then use the explorer for my searching needs, which i think is so cool, even

PowerPoster

You can turn the redundant icon off as well. You can also eliminate "powned to Taskbar" to make things even better.
    I have no idea why you say it is redundant.
    I don't turn it off because I use it a lot.

Anyway, for anyone wanting to configure it:

Name:  tbc.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  34.1 KB

Is that what you were refering to. Well i already knew about that from Windows 10 Professional. I turn mine off totally, because i think it uses far too much system resources, like so

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by wqweto View Post
    Does builtin search work for you? My experience is that it often stalls on various Win10 installations, is very slow and returns a lot of useless results. On recent releases I'm unable to even find program's main shortcut in Start Menu->Programs for a just installed application.

https://www.voidtools.com/ - I've been using Everything for searching for everything on my disks for quite some time now and it's such a joy. It directly reads (and caches) the NTFS logs so catching up on modifications (reindexing) is instantaneous.

cheers,
    </wqw>
    It works for me, but I use it only to start programs, not for anything else.
    You write 'calc' and the calculator appear, you write 'restore' or 'point' and system restore appear, you write 'vs' and vscode appear (for Windows programs you may need to write their names in the current UI language)
    All the programs that I use more I have them pinned, but I use that for less frequently used programs.
    What I have left out is Cortana.

PowerPoster

I have 12 programs pinned. Besides that, I could be running one, two or thee more. So I have half of the taskbar still free, do not need to economize space.

Who needs Cortana, anyway. it is just a simple rip off from Apple's version, am I right or then wrong, then

I usually have ten or eleven programs running on my Taskbar, if that means anything to you guys

PowerPoster

What I really wanted to get rid and I did, is from the messages that Windows pops up from the right side.
    They are very annoying. You are concentrate programming and Windows interrupts to say some unimportant, silly thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eduardo- View Post
    What I really wanted to get rid and I did, is from the messages that Windows pops up from the right side.
    They are very annoying. You are concentrate programming and Windows interrupts to say some unimportant, silly thing.
    You mean the VBForm websie, right when you wish to use the width of the screen, but then it makes a silly adverts and stuff like that one, hey

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by ThEiMp View Post
    You mean the VBForm websie, right when you wish to use the width of the screen, but then it makes a silly adverts and stuff like that one, hey
    Name:  tb3.png
Views: 494
Size:  6.6 KB

Oh right, the Action Centre, yeah i know that stuff is like that, even so

Quote Originally Posted by Eduardo- View Post
    There are options under the right mouse button.
    Here can specify what type of actions give an alert.

I can't seem to get my focus right out for the working daytime, even so. It looks like sleeping or some what unfocused when i work early in the morning, even

Even then, now or never, stay on topic please, even

I meant the focus on the action centre of the Windows 10 platform, it keeps on reading me as unfocused

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoutdv View Post
    There are options under the right mouse button.
    Here can specify what type of actions give an alert.
    I disabled them a long time ago when I started using Windows 10. I'm not sure if that shortcut was there at the time.

I wrote my very own OS using VB6 and then it works better, than Windows 7.0a, even like that one

Maybe you wrote a shell, but you didn't write an OS.

We saw the same myth pop up two years ago, and from the same nefarious sources.
    You are the last person in the world that should make negative comments about a link with all that garbage you post
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

Please remember next time...elections matter!

Actually about 85% of my work on it, was shelling commands and then pulling Controls out of thin air, so to speak. The weight of my OS app is about 13.8Mb in file size, even so. How about that one
    Last edited by ThEiMp; Jun 16th, 2021 at 05:07 AM.

Fanatic Member

If you want to download the beta ISO of Windows 11
    -link removed by moderator-

You could install it in a VM

it might pull a Windows 9.00 on ya, so then be dangerously aware of the ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Thierry69 View Post
    If you want to download the beta ISO of Windows 11
    You could install it in a VM
    Not sure why you are sharing a URL to what looks like an unofficial copy of the beta when anyone running Windows 10 (even in a VM) can just opt into the Insider Preview and get a completely legitimate installation.

About Windows 9.00 I heard so many bad comments about the beta testing of the product's beta testing ISO, so then just had to say it out now

Quote Originally Posted by wqweto View Post
    https://www.voidtools.com/ - I've been using Everything for searching for everything on my disks for quite some time now and it's such a joy.
    The Windows search is well known for not being able to find the file that is staring you right in the face. You can see the file in the current folder but a Windows search may find nothing that matches...Most strange. On my SSD systems I disable Windows Search and Cortana immediately.

'Everything' is a joy to use, agreed. I always switch off the windows search utility as it is unreliable, it is continuously indexing, using up valuable and sometimes heavy i/o and cpu, it recreates its own index which is strange as NTFS already has its own index, which 'everything' in fact uses for its own instant search. I assume that Windows had to do this in order to search filesystem types that don't have an accessible index or perhaps they realise they would have to write similar code for each and every filesystem type. Regardless now, my own systems only use NTFS drives so the Windows search is redundant whilst 'everything' is present.

With the classic start menu you can type NOT into the run box and the results for notepad will pop up immediately for start menu applications, Windows search not required.

I do not miss Windows search one bit and my systems are faster due to its absence.

[Edit: added image]
    Last edited by yereverluvinuncleber; Jun 16th, 2021 at 08:50 AM.

It is easy enough to write a Disc Operating System with a GUI. Well, it is definitely well within the capabilities of one man. I wrote one for the Sinclair Spectrum 48k. It was a clone of DOS and I named it OS-2. Shortly afterwards another company came and took the name, I didn't argue the toss.

This isn't it! Mine had a small stub shell and was a command line o/s, this is SymbOS an o/s for the Amstrad CPC, on a z80!

So, it CAN be done.
    Last edited by yereverluvinuncleber; Jun 16th, 2021 at 06:04 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast