Thread: [RESOLVED] VBA Access cant work with double vertical line char ASCII 186

Resolved [RESOLVED] VBA Access cant work with double vertical line char ASCII 186

Hi..

I have to run a script to replace chars in access and I have problems in the VBA editor with chars.

I want to execute:

DoCmd.RunSQL "UPDATE DBA_abono_fp SET DBA_abono_fp.concepto_abono_fp = Replace([concepto_abono_fp],chr(0186),""º"")", -1

To replace doble vertical line "║" char with "º" char. But I cant type doble vertical line char "║" in VB, when I type it on the VBA editor it changes to "ùø". I tryed with chr() and the chr(186) code that match with "║" return in VBA the char "º".... Whow can I look for "║" in VBA???

Thanks.

Frenzied Member

Re: VBA Access cant work with double vertical line char ASCII 186

Hi jfrubio, welcome to the forum. I'm not sure what you're asking, but if you need a character code you could look it up using the Windows Charmap.exe app. You should be able to launch it by pressing the Windows key combined with the R key. Enter "Charmap" in the dialog that appears and press Enter.

Hi Peter

Thanks for your answer.

The problem is that I cant paste the ║ char in VBA access editor, it change the ║ to "ùø" and if I use functions like ChrW(&H2551) it dont return "║" return only "│" it appears that the vba editor of access dont have the needed symbol.

Thanks

Hi, solved....

DoCmd.RunSQL "UPDATE DBA_abono_fp SET DBA_abono_fp.concepto_abono_fp = Replace([concepto_abono_fp],""" & ChrW(&H2551) & """,""º"")", -1

Work with this!!!

Frenzied Member

@jfrubio: I am glad to see you have solved your issue. I was going to suggest to check which font you were using as it might be some fonts don't have the characters you need. Also, this thread should be marked as resolved using the thread tools.

Thanks for your help Peter!

Frenzied Member

Re: [RESOLVED] VBA Access cant work with double vertical line char ASCII 186

You're welcome.

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Re: [RESOLVED] VBA Access cant work with double vertical line char ASCII 186

Since this is VBA I've moved the thread to our office section
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd