Thread: Some other alternative language that can talk to the machine besides C and assembly ?

Addicted Member

Some other alternative language that can talk to the machine besides C and assembly ?

I would like to find alternatives to create simple 8-16 bit programs that print a message in a simple way without having to compile every time or even having to write in exadecimal manually.

Some language does this, even if script programmed in assembly and depends on other files.

Frenzied Member

Re: Some other alternative language that can talk to the machine besides C and assemb

Use an interpreted language or a scripting language.

Fanatic Member

Re: Some other alternative language that can talk to the machine besides C and assemb

printmsg.bat:
    Code:
    @echo Hello from DOS 3.11! :-)

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Swinkels View Post
    Use an interpreted language or a scripting language.
    yes I'm looking for a low-level bootable script language but the only one I saw was the first basic that was used in the first apple 1 that came on tape it was bootable but I didn't find anything of it.

do you know any other?

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by peterst View Post
    printmsg.bat:
    Code:
    @echo Hello from DOS 3.11! :-)
    yes friend I thought about using msdos underneath but it still has its limitations and I want a scripted or compiled language that is fast learning and developing where I can develop better and faster.

Frenzied Member

If you don't want MS-DOS underneath your only option is ROM Basic. Or something you wrote yourself.

Addicted Member

If you don't want MS-DOS underneath your only option is ROM Basic. Or something you wrote yourself.
    Very interesting, however, for a mass construction, several of these would be needed and for what I looked for these chips are rare and commodore 64 that can be adapted to any circuit, very interesting is it that there are no others of these easy to access in batch in china?

Frenzied Member

I have no idea where you can get Commodore components, let alone in China. Aren’t there more modern alternatives such as Arduino?

Addicted Member

I have no idea where you can get Commodore components, let alone in China. Aren’t there more modern alternatives such as Arduino?
    it would be useless to use ardruino without something basic, I work with assembly but it's boring to create drives or say how it should work I want something I just write and do, the basic rom comes close because it automatically controls the components, so arduino would have a dependency on an OS or specific drives.

Frenzied Member

Quote Originally Posted by LiwisJames View Post
    it would be useless to use ardruino without something basic, I work with assembly but it's boring to create drives or say how it should work I want something I just write and do, the basic rom comes close because it automatically controls the components, so arduino would have a dependency on an OS or specific drives.
    And just how do you think ROM BASIC and something similar works? If you want to get anything done using the low-level stuff you claim to want use you're going to have to forget about boring and put some effort into whatever you set out to do.

I am done here, you don't appear to know what you're talking about or willing to put effort into anything. If and when you can give a coherent explanation of what you want and are willing to pull through I will give helping you another shot.

BTW:
    For someone claiming to be fluent in English: that's "driveRs", also look up capitilization, and punctiation. Also, I have reread this thread. I have no idea how to answer your questions any more. Sorry.
    Last edited by Peter Swinkels; Jul 14th, 2021 at 07:10 AM.