Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [RESOLVED] create 64 bit system with assembly

King of sapila

Re: create 64 bit system with assembly

But don't you get it?
    He want to make an OS, whatever you propose the OS will be made. With no examples and not shown progress.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

Quote Originally Posted by LiwisJames View Post
    I want to make an open-source system smaller than any other and give power to games and create a new standard of speed for any computer to run the games apps system.

And what is special about this system?

everything will be 3d and the most real looking 4k even in 720p and super light yet making graphics so real that between you looking at a stone and a 3d image in this system you will not notice much difference because it is so light and powerful that it will have the best balance and I intend to create a support ai so fast intelligent and interactive that I think you will only know that you speak to the computer because of the case. will have phrases thousands of phrases and tones and functions and meanings.

where the system is light and its real weight is in graph and predefined and intelligent artificial intelligence and security.
    so I need all the routes and 64x
    Now your OS is also by design going to be more sophisticated then the new upcoming Unreal 5 engine.

You must be trolling

what is certain is that all outputs are 64bits obviously not all can change but most I would like linux was made with patterns so it goes down layers my idea is that it would be literally like this and it is possible from what I saw:

16 bit normal (boot)
    64x normal kernerl (x64)

but linux goes through 3 phases:

16-bit start boot
    32-bit kernel converting to 64x
    64 bits above

there would be no oscillation see now after boot

Linux: 32 converting data to 64

My idea: 64x constant, as it does not go through conversion
    The boot process doesn't change the fact the OS is still fully 64 bits, once it has booted it is no longer using any 16 or 32 bit code - that is simply part of getting the OS loaded and running due to hardware restrictions.There is no 32 to 64 bit conversions once the OS is loaded.

If you walk to your car that doesn't then mean your car is converting between driving and walking, walking is the same as the boot process - it is a means to an end.

I want to make an open-source system smaller than any other and give power to games and create a new standard of speed for any computer to run the games apps system.

And what is special about this system?

everything will be 3d and the most real looking 4k even in 720p and super light yet making graphics so real that between you looking at a stone and a 3d image in this system you will not notice much difference because it is so light and powerful that it will have the best balance and
    That level of graphical quality will have nothing to do with the OS and everything to do with the graphics card and related subsystem. You are now considering an OS that is just a terminal(??) and also a gui (might be easier to pick one or the other) and will have 3d support to rival a modern game engine. Are you capable of writing the low level graphics support for all modern NVidia and AMD cards? Are you such a good salesman you can convince both of those companies to develop drivers for your custom OS?

I intend to create a support ai so fast intelligent and interactive that I think you will only know that you speak to the computer because of the case. will have phrases thousands of phrases and tones and functions and meanings.

where the system is light and its real weight is in graph and predefined and intelligent artificial intelligence and security.
    so I need all the routes and 64x
    So you are also going to include a full Deep Learning language model as well? Nothing like being ambitious...

I suppose the first real questions are.... Have you ever written any assembler code before? Have you ever even attempted to write anything that could be compared to an OS or even just created your own custom boot loader?
    Last edited by PlausiblyDamp; May 29th, 2021 at 10:42 AM.

PowerPoster

It sounds like he wants to create a "monitor" rather than an OS as such.

That's similar to what you find in a game console or old 8-bit computer or even some microcontrollers. Actually MS-DOS wasn't really much more. Win9x was basically MS-DOS with other stuff layered on top to support a GUI and pre-emptive multitasking.

I'm not aware of any robust and viable DOS-clone that is 64-bit, but he seems to want more than that anyway.

I think he's back to something like a thin Linux distro. I think nearly all cryptocurrency mining systems use that as well, though some might be using one of the 64-bit real-time OSs.

But yeah. Creating something from dirt is a massive task, even starting from a naked Linux Kernel let alone doing it all. Software support for video, disk, networking, etc. adapters are all each massive chores in themselves.

I'd have to rank this project: Not Serious.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12