Thread: [RESOLVED] Crystal Reports XI - not breaking to next report where it should

Resolved [RESOLVED] Crystal Reports XI - not breaking to next report where it should

There's a lot of hits in google about CR and multiple parameters but I am having a specific issue I can't find help on.

When we receive boxes of items from a vendor, we want to scan each item's serial number and then print a label for the box displaying the sn's within the box. The label is a crystal report.

My scenario is I have two boxes. Box #1 has 4 items and box #2 has 8. I want to print one label saying box 1 of 2 with the 4 s/n's listed and 2nd label saying box 2 of 2 with the 8 s/n's listed. The two boxes belong to an order number, 12685.
    If I call the report with "12685, 1" I get the correct 4 sn's on one label.
    If I call it with "12685, 2" I get the correct 8 sn's on one label.
    I wrote the report so I can also call it with 12685 1,2 to get those boxes or 12685,0 to get all boxes which in this scenario is those 2. But that is not working 100%. I do get 12 serial numbers returned but they are all on one label which says box 2 of 2. There's a quantity field and it says 8. Box n of n and quantity are correct if it was the 2nd "page" of the report and didn't have all 12 serial numbers. But I'm missing page 1 of the report and page 1's 4 serial numbers are on page 2.

So this isn't a straightforward issue because the multiple parameters are working in that it's giving me the 12 rows back from the database, but the report is smushing them all together and mislabeling the quantity and box #.

If you've bothered to read all this, thank you! And thank you more if you have any suggestions.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Re: Crystal Reports XI - not breaking to next report where it should

The engineer who works here just stopped by to help. I have to play around with Group Headers and Group Footers. I don't have the solution yet, but I have the direction I need to go, so I am probably all set but with reply soon with more questions or to close. Thank you!
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Re: Crystal Reports XI - not breaking to next report where it should

OK, so I got it. What I ended up with is...
    Report Header - suppressed
    Page Header - suppressed
    Group Header #1 - this has all my repeating data, such as order #12685 and at the very bottom a label saying "serial numbers"
    Details - serial numbers, listed across 3 columns.
    Group Footer #1 - suppressed
    Report Footer - suppressed
    Page Footer - n of n boxes and quantity

Thanks for your time