Thread: [RESOLVED] Can't find app.EXE when running project?? (can't generate the bin/debug/app.EXE ??)

Hyperactive Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] Can't find app.EXE when running project?? (can't generate the bin/debug/app.EXE ??)

Getting a weird error when I run/F5 a project.
    It seems like it can't generate the bin/debug/app.EXE file and then it errors out saying it can't run the app.EXE file.

Anyone know what causes this? Seems to be some kind of file/folder permission ?

When I create a new project, and run it, I get no error, so it seems project specific.

PowerPoster

Re: Can't find app.EXE when running project?? (can't generate the bin/debug/app.EXE ?

Could be an AntiVirus/Windows Defender that is removing the file if it thinks (either legitimately or because of a false positive) that the file is malicious.

Hyperactive Member

Re: Can't find app.EXE when running project?? (can't generate the bin/debug/app.EXE ?

If it's Win10 antivirus, how do I turn off or allow the VB.net to create .Exe's?

or it might be "Project--> Clean" needs to be done.
    Let me try project clean and report back

Hyperactive Member

Project--> Clean fixed the issue