Thread: Swtich 2 PC with Keyboard and Mouse

King of sapila

Swtich 2 PC with Keyboard and Mouse

Hi.
    MY Hardware Switch is glitching again so I had a run on searching for a software mouse and keyboard switch.

https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/how-to-...oard-and-mouse

Anyone tried one of these?

I remember back in my Insurance Company job, we had a software that 1 just pressed crtl+shift+Number and switched to another PC but I cannot remember what it was.

Now, I have a rooter, so I can support switching through it but I have win7 on one PC and windows XP - Server 2003 on the others.

...Ah, while writing my hardware switch recovered...But anyhow would be good to know, since our admins at work are nowhere to be found because of the lockdown.

Thanks.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

Re: Swtich 2 PC with Keyboard and Mouse

I used to do Software Support and at one point had several PC's so I could have different versions of our software...(we slowly cracked down and forced clients to upgrade)

Mouse Without Borders sounds familiar.... and I'm sure I played with it or something like it. (at least five years ago.)

I was also big into KVM Switches in the day... Still have about five brand new sets...mostly PS2 types.

And then God created VirtualPC and VirtualBox. Things got even better once I learned how to copy the virtual files to create new instances.
    Wi-fi went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family....They seem like nice people.

King of sapila

OK, I will have to check that.
    Unfortunately my w7 can barely support itself, let alone running a VM.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

You won't be happy if you already need more horse power. BUT, ya gotta start somewhere
    Wi-fi went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family....They seem like nice people.