Thread: [Win10] I will delete files from my system32

Addicted Member

[Win10] I will delete files from my system32

I will delete files from my system32, I would like to leave my system32 only with files that run windows and some non-complex .exe is there a program that erases everything from system 32 and leaves windows running with fundamental files only, or will I have to do it manually if there is no program for that what are the fundamental windows files that I cannot delete

Re: [Win10] I will delete files from my system32

Be my guest..
    Seriously, you already have a thread about a minimal windows 10 installation.
    Why another one.

In all your threads your a talking about old XT computers, installing and modifying Windows 3.11.
    You are trying to use VB.dos, you want to simulate Windows 1.
    What is your goal??
    Last edited by Arnoutdv; May 6th, 2021 at 03:27 PM.

No one knows the answer to this because no one has ever attempted it.

You have to delete ONE file and then test the system for ten hours to five days to see if anything doesn't work.

Delete another file then test.

Over and Over....
    Wi-fi went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family....They seem like nice people.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    No one knows the answer to this because no one has ever attempted it.

You have to delete ONE file and then test the system for ten hours to five days to see if anything doesn't work.

Delete another file then test.

Over and Over....
    well I did it changed well it got light but then the pc died lol

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoutdv View Post
    Be my guest..
    Seriously, you already have a thread about a minimal windows 10 installation.
    Why another one.

In all your threads your a talking about old XT computers, installing and modifying Windows 3.11.
    You are trying to use VB.dos, you want to simulate Windows 1.
    What is your goal??
    I'm trying to create a very small windows that I can create a live cd with .NET core compatibility .Net 4.0, I made one of those with windows 3.11 but now I'm ambitious I have a perfect windows xp iso but I couldn't install .NET which is essential for those who do maintenance soon if I can I intend to distribute a distro better than WINPE which is very limited and works within a WIM limiting the editing and installation of files what I want to do allows you to install programs but they will be uninstalled at the end of the session it will be much better.

King of sapila
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

Addicted Member

it was difficult but I managed to download these links were out and Arnoutdv and other members had recommended but their clue was essential for a valid link but my original keys will not go in it I will have to search for some unfortunately.

Aren't you going to expose any user of your stripped down system to most of the security vulnerabilities in XP? That's an old version of Windows with LOADS of known exploits and no chance that any will be patched. It seems to me that anybody who installs this on any system that ever attaches to the internet will be basically painting a giant target on themselves. How do you intend to get around that? The only way that comes to mind, to me, is that this be installed solely on stand alone, air-gapped, systems.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    Aren't you going to expose any user of your stripped down system to most of the security vulnerabilities in XP? That's an old version of Windows with LOADS of known exploits and no chance that any will be patched. It seems to me that anybody who installs this on any system that ever attaches to the internet will be basically painting a giant target on themselves. How do you intend to get around that? The only way that comes to mind, to me, is that this be installed solely on stand alone, air-gapped, systems.

it is to be a light version so the security will be done in the following way I intend to write a program in .net that divides the .exe file in 2 sizes and make the shaMOD check and some others based on antvirus this will protect against downloads and will it is very annoying with programs that ask for improper resources and will show the user of that minimal windows.
    And as for the internet it is a chrome imported by .NETCore and everything is made from my custom browser which is actually the chrome where I can write security for these minimal windows and which receives updates in these two essential programs as for other system files that I do not I have a domain they cannot be edited or modified just link to another file that does the same example windows modified has Shell32.dll so it cannot be deleted but in my program management I'm going to do it links another one in place then when the boot system go in the other case if there is an error, the main system, unalterable and unprecedented, perfect safe system is still flawed because it does not have the standard packs but it is not a big red target only a 10 cm red dot on the wall can be hit but it is not a big unsure target.

PowerPoster

Please use sentences. Having to read 200 words with drifting lines of thought and essentially no punctuation between them is a good way to get ignored.

Good luck.

That's not true, XP IS the target, not the program you are writing, and the browser you have on there has nothing to do with it. You may well have all the ports locked down to the point where there is very little being exposed, but you'll have Port 80 and 443 open, and that's probably enough.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing