Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: how to add Vb.net Usercontrol to vb6 Forms?

  1. #1

    Thread Starter
    Taking a Break
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    1,340

    how to add Vb.net Usercontrol to vb6 Forms?

    how to add Vb.net Usercontrol to vb6 Forms?

  2. #2
    Hyperactive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    446

    Re: how to add Vb.net Usercontrol to vb6 Forms?

    are you actually building something or just curious on many topics and posting random questions?

  3. #3

    Thread Starter
    Taking a Break
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    1,340

    Re: how to add Vb.net Usercontrol to vb6 Forms?

    Quote Originally Posted by dz32 View Post
    are you actually building something or just curious on many topics and posting random questions?
    I am doing research on interface beautification for commercial projects. So I want to develop VB6 powerful custom controls, transparent controls, so I want to turn VB.NET controls directly into VB6 controls, so that there are hundreds of controls, all of Microsoft's most advanced interface elements.

    The basic module has just been studied successfully, and the controls of VB.NET are directly loaded on the VB6 form.
    (with datagridview control)

    Attachment 181334

  4. #4
    PowerPoster Arnoutdv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,508

    Re: how to add Vb.net Usercontrol to vb6 Forms?

    Then switch to .Net, why try to use VB6 when you need the .Net runtimes when following this route?

  5. #5
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,295

    Re: how to add Vb.net Usercontrol to vb6 Forms?

    That sounds like a really great suggestion.

  6. #6

    Thread Starter
    Taking a Break
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    1,340

    Re: how to add Vb.net Usercontrol to vb6 Forms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arnoutdv View Post
    Then switch to .Net, why try to use VB6 when you need the .Net runtimes when following this route?
    It is mainly developed with VB6. If some functions must use VB.NET, use it occasionally, so make an interface for VB6. Sometimes I want to simply use the VB.NET interface, but the code is still written in VB6.

  7. #7
    Frenzied Member PlausiblyDamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Newport, UK
    Posts
    1,401

    Re: how to add Vb.net Usercontrol to vb6 Forms?

    Quote Originally Posted by xiaoyao View Post
    It is mainly developed with VB6. If some functions must use VB.NET, use it occasionally, so make an interface for VB6. Sometimes I want to simply use the VB.NET interface, but the code is still written in VB6.
    That just sounds like you are getting the worst of both tools.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width